Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is a win what we really need ??

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
I personally don't want Parky to get the job full-time. He has been first team coach for 18 months and is tainted by the Pardew era. I think we need a new broom.

To this end would a win on Saturday actually do us any good in the long term ? What I mean is we win and so Parky has his role extended. Say we lose at Blackpool but then draw at home to Coventry. The Board think well things are a bit better we'll give Phil another couple of games. We draw at home to Derby and then lurch onto Norwich. All the while we are still in the bottom three and going nowhere.

I'd rather a new man came in NOW. Otherwise I can see us lurching from one crises to another and in the mean time the games we have left to save ourselves are dwindling. We need to give the new man as much time, and as many games, as possible to get us out of the mire. We wasted time before on Les Reed and effectively those games (5/6?) cost us survival. We need to act decisively now. Of course that may be happening but again maybr it isn't. Parky may be the cheap option but is he the right one ? I don't think so.

Meanwhile we let him sign Deon 'one goal' Burton and let Varney go. Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already...[/quote]

Got to say thats harsh Large, if the rumour about losing varney and gaining Burton is true who knows it may turn our season around!
  • Said in the Brown thread, I hope the board don't leave us in limbo for the next few weeks.

We need a manager permanently now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already...

Got to say thats harsh Large, if the rumour about losing varney and gaining Burton is true who knows it may turn our season around!

yeah right, Burton is on fire right now. 1 goal thi season, must be buzzing. Even the much maligned Varney has more than that. We are perpared to let Varns go as he isn't scoring, wht I wonder are Sheff Weds prepared to let Burton go ? Erm !!
  • Parky is not the answer. like large said smacks to much of Pards for me to be honest. Stop the stupid loans, Get someone in and build around the great youngesters we have here. Pards said last year that if we didnt go up this term would be built around the young talent, basey,shelvey,wright,Arter,Dickson... the odd game here and there is not building around them.. sure they make the odd mistake but at least there hungry and proud..
  • Yes we do REALLY need to win on Saturday.

The team looked a lot better on Tuesday night and I was gutted for them as they deserved a point at the very least. A win on Saturday might just be the thing to get us going and Parks could end up being our saviour. The team just completely lacks confidence and another home defeat will be one more nail in the coffin.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

which of our players would fill the blanks then large, from (imo) a much improved performance on tuedays team.

weaver
    ???? hudson ???? youga
    ???? semedo racon ????
    ???? gray
  • "the great youngesters"

And exactly who are these great youngsters.......
  • we need to win full stop to lose at saints would be disastrous
  • nope 10 wins straight is what we need with Parky or anyone else so long as we start moving onwards and upwards.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

which of our players would fill the blanks then large, from (imo) a much improved performance on tuedays team.

weaver
    ???? hudson ???? youga
    ???? semedo racon ????
    ???? gray

weaver
    Yassin hudson Fortune youga
    Varney semedo racon Bailey
    Toddy gray

We'd be guaranteed a 3-0 win with that team.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

weaver
    ???? hudson ???? youga
    ???? semedo racon ????
    ???? gray

you'd keep Youga in ? Bloody hell. Moo2 at RB, Basey at LB, Fortune at CH, McLeod or Dicko alongside Gray, Bouazza and Varney on the flanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]

weaver
    ???? hudson ???? youga
    ???? semedo racon ????
    ???? gray

you'd keep Youga in ? Bloody hell. Moo2 at RB, Basey at LB, Fortune at CH, McLeod or Dicko alongside Gray, Bouazza and Varney on the flanks.

where did i say that i'd keep youga in? i was just stating tuesdays team without the loans.
    good to see you'd play our boy bouazza ;-0
    personally i wouldn't change the front 6 from tuesday, but would bring fortune in for primus, and move cranie to lb and play moo2 rb.
  • Is a win what we need? YES!! We're playing one of the teams not far above us in the table and we need the points!
  • totally agree PBS
  • What a wonderful idea, let's go out and not win a game.

What a crock of shit
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What a wonderful idea, let's go out and not win a game.

What a crock of shit

didn't say I didn't want us to win just that I think a win will buy Parky a bit more time which in the long term won't do us any favours.
  • I kind of agree, had the feeling Parkinson will do alright and get the job, then we'll end up struggling.

I'd like someone completely new, they don't have to be a 'Charlton person' either, just someone that can see what is wrong and sort it out.
  • 1905 -

Elliot
    Basey
    Shelvey
    Wright
    Arter
    Uchechi
    Solly
    Jensen
    Lozano
    Mambo
    Christensen
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What a wonderful idea, let's go out and not win a game.

What a crock of shit

didn't say I didn't want us to win just that I think a win will buy Parky a bit more time which in the long term won't do us any favours.

Unfortunately LA I cant agree here if parky does turnn it around and gets us some wins my arms stay open.
  • How about we get behind the current manager rather than looking for a reason to out him.

Far and away the best deal for the club all round if he does a good job and is retained on a permanent basis.

In the cut throat world of football I would have thought he will probably be looking for a job anyway if we dont win on Saturday so your prayers will be answered.

*sighs*
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]nope 10 wins straight is what we need with Parky or anyone else so long as we start moving onwards and upwards.
    Exactly.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]1905 -

Elliot
    Basey
    Shelvey
    Wright
    Arter
    Uchechi
    Solly
    Jensen
    Lozano
    Mambo
    Christensen

Doubt Uchechi will ever play for us, hasn't got a work permit, not even played for the reserves in a friendly this season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]How about we get behind the current manager rather than looking for a reason to out him.

Far and away the best deal for the club all round if he does a good job and is retained on a permanent basis.

In the cut throat world of football I would have thought he will probably be looking for a job anyway if we dont win on Saturday so your prayers will be answered.

*sighs*[/quote]

Exactly
  • Don't think if we win one game makes any difference to be honest, if the Board want someone else in they are no doubt already sounding people out ever since Pards was sacked.
  • Adam still can't see any great ones - all you have done is listed our youngsters. I thought that Shelvey would crack on but he hasn't - other than that all have yet to prove their greatness imho
  • Shelvey hasnt been given the opportunity 1905

if we were in this position playing the kids Pards would still be here
  • Who knows mate....................when we have tried our youngster they have looked nervy and played well below par. Mind you difficult times even for the so called seasoned pros.
  • If the internet had been around when Lennie uped sticks to Boro, imagine what this board would have been like. "Two managers, no experience - we're a laughing stock" etc, etc, I sincerely hope that Paarkie gets a win out of them on Saturday and that proves to eb the catalyst for our season, yes he was an accomplice to Pardew but in football managers make the decision and parkie was onoly following orders, hopefully he has his own ideas - bringing in Racon was one and that they will be fruitful. If we get rid of Parkie we'll be up for another x thousand pounds in compensation and be able to afford even fewer real signings
  • http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/106875.html
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If the internet had been around when Lennie uped sticks to Boro, imagine what this board would have been like. "Two managers, no experience - we're a laughing stock" etc, etc, I sincerely hope that Paarkie gets a win out of them on Saturday and that proves to eb the catalyst for our season, yes he was an accomplice to Pardew but in football managers make the decision and parkie was onoly following orders, hopefully he has his own ideas - bringing in Racon was one and that they will be fruitful. If we get rid of Parkie we'll be up for another x thousand pounds in compensation and be able to afford even fewer real signings

Or when Curbs was kept on and Gritty sacked.