Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is a win what we really need ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Parkinson would not be my choice to take us forward for same reasons as Large at top of thread but while he is in charge he gets every bit of my support as do any and all players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If the internet had been around when Lennie uped sticks to Boro, imagine what this board would have been like. "Two managers, no experience - we're a laughing stock" etc, etc, I sincerely hope that Paarkie gets a win out of them on Saturday and that proves to eb the catalyst for our season, yes he was an accomplice to Pardew but in football managers make the decision and parkie was onoly following orders, hopefully he has his own ideas - bringing in Racon was one and that they will be fruitful. If we get rid of Parkie we'll be up for another x thousand pounds in compensation and be able to afford even fewer real signings

Or when Curbs was kept on and Gritty sacked.

I still say they were wrong to sack Gritty and keep Curb's, that Murray bloke knows naff all about running a football club ;-)
  • Options
    A crazy one from where I'm sitting, 3 points is a must to drag SOTON well and truly into a dogfight and put the sh*ts well and truly up Watford and a few above them. Those above us would love nothing more than a real gap to stat to appear and I don't think that PP has put an inch of a foot wrong so far. One game AWAY from home and a 2-1 defeat in a game which we could have won. Experience brought in at left back, right wing and up front to change a mix and team THAT WAS NOT WORKING and if he wins this Saturday will have a 50% win ratio ;). Very happy to give the bloke a chance and would love him to prove to us that he is a fantastic young manager that will build us up again.
  • Options
    I think Large perhaps didn't express things in the most diplomatic way when he questioned if "a win on Saturday will actually do us any good in the long term".

We need points from any damn place we can get them - and three on Sat is pretty essential.

But you can't dismiss what he's saying out of hand. We don't have a manager we can get behind at the moment because we do not have a manager : we have a caretaker. He might still be here next week - and he might not.

Parky has surely been around long enough for the board to know whether they think he can do a job . Either appoint him on a permanent basis or move swiftly to an outside appointment. Don't waste another three games dilly-dallying with nobody really in charge while we see if we can pick up a few points here and there.

I'd personally go outside. But if they make him permanent, I'll get behind him. At the moment, we don't really have anybody to get behind. Sorry, it's just human nature : you might do a workmanlike job for someone who is a caretaker. But it's very hard to lay your life on the line for him.
  • Options
    I have experienced in my career something analogous to what is going on currently. A team within a business being run poorly, possibly without the right motivational skills, by an autocrat, with staff low on morale etc etc. Customers losing faith left right and centre and the leader could talk a good game, but not what the customers wanted to hear, nor the staff either. Leader goes, won't say how, but does and their deputy is put in temporary charge, whilst the Exec team decide what to do next, who to appoint, how to get things back in the right direction. The team show signs of a positive response within weeks, customers start to respond positively and after more close deliberation and about another 4 weeks passing, the once deputy who had no autonomy whatsoever within the previous regime gets the promotion they deserve and things continue to build positively.

The board are making a smart assessment as to whether PP was part of the problem or whether he was a star that was being blacked out by the previous manager before spending a shed load on a new manager who may turn out to be worse than what we have now got.
  • Options
    Meanwhile we let him sign Deon 'one goal' Burton and let Varney go. Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

I tottally agree with this from Large Addick, its all about team chemistry and by constantly reshuffling the team they will never gel, so personally I would also not like to see PP as our next manager, I like to sound of Billy Davies, great Championship manager and if we were to get Curbs back, unrealistic I feel, I would be in dream land
  • Options
    i agree with large addick we dont need to win we need parkinson out.The thing is the board are so easly swayed they pick the first manager they see dowie reed pardew and look where that got us
  • Options
    LARGE METAMORPHASISED INTO GOLFIE SHOCK
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]I have experienced in my career something analogous to what is going on currently. A team within a business being run poorly, possibly without the right motivational skills, by an autocrat, with staff low on morale etc etc. Customers losing faith left right and centre and the leader could talk a good game, but not what the customers wanted to hear, nor the staff either. Leader goes, won't say how, but does and their deputy is put in temporary charge, whilst the Exec team decide what to do next, who to appoint, how to get things back in the right direction. The team show signs of a positive response within weeks, customers start to respond positively and after more close deliberation and about another 4 weeks passing, the once deputy who had no autonomy whatsoever within the previous regime gets the promotion they deserve and things continue to build positively.

The board are making a smart assessment as to whether PP was part of the problem or whether he was a star that was being blacked out by the previous manager before spending a shed load on a new manager who may turn out to be worse than what we have now got.

That board were obviously wrong. Should have sacked the assistant as he/she was "tainted". Should have brought in another manager from outside after a long and expensive recruitment process. : - )
  • Options
    Most ridiculous question ever. I'd want my team to win if bloody Adolf Hitler was in charge and it meant 3 bloody points, crazy thread. As for the "great youngsters" point, I don't think any are great (Shelvey certainly has the potential but is nowhere near great yet), they seem to be decent youngsters yes, however the reason people are talking about them more is because we have a lot less senior pro's around the club at the minute so they're getting a chance every now and then.
    They're probably no better than a crop we had 6/7 years ago in the Prem only these players are closer to the first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bringbackcurbs[/cite]i agree with large addick we dont need to win we need parkinson out.The thing is the board are so easly swayed they pick the first manager they see dowie reed pardew and look where that got us

Another fan who wants us to lose. Gobsmacking

And if the board were so easily swayed they would have made PP perm manager already but they haven't. They made him caretaker so they have time to look for a replacement. Cue the moans of why are they taking so long to appoint. been all of 5 days now. How long does it take to find and recruit a manager? Hours surely.

[cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Meanwhile we let him sign Deon 'one goal' Burton and let Varney go. Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it. Otherwise .....

I tottally agree with this from Large Addick, its all about team chemistry and by constantly reshuffling the team they will never gel, so personally I would also not like to see PP as our next manager, I like to sound of Billy Davies, great Championship manager and if we were to get Curbs back, unrealistic I feel, I would be in dream land

Yet you SE7 have been calling for team changes left right and centre. You want DIckson in but you don't want the team to change. What happened to let the team gel.

The team kept losing, No wins in 7, something had to change. Semedo and Racon. Played well but lets go back to Holland and Bailey as they need another 20 games to gel. Gillespie, good signing, experienced but lets drop him as he's a loan player and they must all go. Bouazza two goals in last three but he's on loan so has to be dropped. All loan players are bad even the ones we haven't seen. And let's get back the striker who we sold despite him being slagged off as a clown, not good enough at this level, brainless etc, etc on this board.

Let's give PP a chance. Oh yeah he lost at QPR. That's it he's had his chance. Get rid but let's give the underperforming players chance after chance unless it's to allow Chris, our saviour, Dickson a go.

I hear the PA is going to play Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday so that we can all feel even closer to our friends in N17 with their instant reactions and lack of patience.

Ramos anyone?
  • Options
    Have got to win tomorrow, simple for me. If that means whoever is in charge keeps in charge for longer then providing we start winging then fair enough.
  • Options
    I know I've had a glass or three but some of this is sounding a bit mean. Hopefully at 2.59 p.m tomorrow( or is it today?) we'll all be united for the cause!
  • Options
    I feel my comments were maybe poorly made but at least it started a debate !! Of course we want to win, of course I want us to win. All I was trying to say was that in the long term it might not help as it COULD, not will, buy Parky some time that may delay the search for a new manager as he is given a chance to succeed, but if five games down the line he hasn't (succeeded) then we still in trouble with games running out. I hope he succeeds and then gets the job permanently as I have absolutely nothing against the guy and if he gets it permanently it will be because he has succeeded.
  • Options
    Parky should/would learn hopfully from Mr.Pardews mistakes. With the new signings (including Gillispie) we should fair better if not were doomed simple as that...