Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bit disappointed with fan attitudes at the moment to be honest

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

And wanted the team to lose to justify a dislike for one man. Gobsmacking!

I think that you're being a bit unfair on Large here Henry. He doesn't want the team to lose and he doesn't even necessarily dislike PP. He was just saying how a seemingly good thing may be worse in the long run. It's an argument I don't agree with either but be fair.
  • Options
    Parky seems to be his own man, the players like him and want to do well for him, he's made signings for good tactical reasons, QPR was much better than the results suggested. Just a few reasons we should wait until after Saturday before we go all negative. Hopefully a lot of vocal support will help the lads early on. Who knows, we could even get an early goal and that would change everything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

I think that you're being a bit unfair on Large here Henry. He doesn't want the team to lose and he doesn't even necessarily dislike PP. He was just saying how a seemingly good thing may be worse in the long run. It's an argument I don't agree with either but be fair.

Dislike my be the wrong word but it was a foolish self fulling prophecy.

"I don't rate Parky and want him out so I hope that we lose to prove me right" is a totally negative and self defeating argument that only hurts the club. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If Parky gets the team winning then he deserves to stay, If he doesn't get the team winning then he doesn't deserve to stay. End of.

All the talk of "tainted" and the imaginings of what happened on the training ground and who coached the corners are so much waffle.

Parky has already shown he is his own man with his own ideas. They may be rubbish ideas, I don't know. They may be rubbish signings, I don't know.

But let's judge him on HIS tactics and HIS team selection not what you GUESS but don't know he did under Pardew
  • Options
    Well said, Henry.

Give the man a chance - he's already doing it differently, his way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Dislike my be the wrong word but it was a foolish self fulling prophecy.

"I don't rate Parky and want him out so I hope that we lose to prove me right" is a totally negative and self defeating argument that only hurts the club. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If Parky gets the team winning then he deserves to stay, If he doesn't get the team winning then he doesn't deserve to stay. End of.

All the talk of "tainted" and the imaginings of what happened on the training ground and who coached the corners are so much waffle.

Parky has already shown he is his own man with his own ideas. They may be rubbish ideas, I don't know. They may be rubbish signings, I don't know.

But let's judge him on HIS tactics and HIS team selection not what you GUESS but don't know he did under Pardew

I think my thread has been misinterpreted somewhat and spun by others but heyho. I have nothing against Parky and if he succeeds then fantastic. I actually wanted him for the job before Dowie was appointed, now I can't get past the fact that he has been 1st team coach for the last 18(?) months and at least partly culpable for the situation we are in. If you don't agree then fine. I wish him all the best. Believe it or not I don't travel the length and breath of the country week in week out at considerable expense to see us lose. I want what is best for the Club. Just because I may not believe Parky is that doesn't mean that I don't support him or the Club.
  • Options
    It's strange i wanted Parky when curbs left ,well hopefully he will do the business.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Believe it or not I don't travel the length and breath of the country week in week out at considerable expense to see us lose.

Most regular away supporters do ..... (!)

;o)
  • Options
    I will support Parky so long as he is in the hot seat.
    My reservations with his appointment stem from the following:
    Many dreadful errors of judgement occured under the Pardew regime of which he was a major part.
    Either he agreed with Pardew on the majority of decisions, or he disagreed.
    If he supported Pards decisions then I don't think he deserves to be considered for the job, as he too is liable for our predicament.
    If he didn't like what was going on, he should either have spoken out in a bid to make Pards see some sense or he could have take up the management offer at Huddersfield or somewhere else.
    If he did try to speak out, then the board will be aware of this and perhaps this is why they are giving him a chance.
    My other point is that he is unproven as a Premiership manager. If we still have any ambitions to get back to the top flight, then in my view there is only one man we should be after and he is a proven Premiership manager. He is currently unemployed and we probably will never get such an opportunity to get him back again.
  • Options
    Proven Premiership managers proved themselves in the Premiership, so begs the question if they are that good and available, why are they not working in the Prem?

Secondly, the Prem is a completely different league mentally and physically compared to the CCC, as we have seen ourselves. How many regular Prem managers or even those that cut their teeth in the CCC before going to the Prem, have the stomach to go back to the land of uncertainty and dog-eat-dog?

Sometimes best to quit at the top rather than scrap at the bottom. Otherwise we get another Pardew-type, someone who regards themselves as too good for the position on a contract that we couldn't afford anyway.
  • Options
    Agree with QA that there is a unique set of circumstances here that will surely never arise again and it would seem quite perverse not at least to pursue the possibility and see it there is a way to make it happen. Or perhaps the board have already sounded him out. I don't know.

But this is Charlton's world Nov 2008:

a) we do not have a manager

b) we are in a relegation battle

c) Alan Curbishley is currently unemployed

d) Curbs would keep us up

OK, the first three are facts. The fourth is an opinion. But he inspires a vote of confidence from me and under almost any other manager, I would substitute a 'might' for the 'would' in sentence (d). I think if he agreed to do it the players would also be over the moon, as I understand a feeling of euphoria is commonly described in football dressing rooms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And supposing Curbs did come and

d) Curbs did not keep us up

then the boo boys would be on his back and his legendary reputation tarnished.

Not really what he's looking for, when he's probably waiting for a lower Prem club to panic and turn to him in desperation soon?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]. Or perhaps the board have already sounded him out. I don't know.

I reckon Curbs recommended Parkinson as the best person available. LOCKED ON, DONE DEAL FACT

: - )