Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney the price for sacking Pardew

2»

Comments

• Options
    rules out playing for Charlton then ;-)
  • Options
    BBC said we may get £1.5 for him and he will sign for 3 and half years, dissapointed to see him go, had alot going for him just was short on confidence, i guarentee both mcevely or burton will not put the same amount of effort in.

On the bright side mcevely will hopefully be put in place of Youga and we could try Burton up with Gray against saints with a view to bring Waggy on with bout 25 left.
  • Options
    oh ok no probs cheers
  • Options
    i think its very silly to get rid of varney and id put money on him to have 15+ by the end of the season

i also think replacing him with a washed up 32 year old doesnt make sense
  • Options
    Suze you have read my post all wrong for some reason

I have no issue with what has been done

breath in and out and read it again it aint a dig at the situation or the club or parky

I dont want to feel that any of the decisions have been wrong thats why i dont care about anything else or cant see past anything else but southampton
  • Options
    "On the bright side mcevely will hopefully be put in place of Youga and we could try Burton up with Gray against saints with a view to bring Waggy on with bout 25 left. ''

Which means only two out of these four can play : Cranie Primus Buzz Gillespie
  • Options
    lets hope the club know the rules on loanees in the squad/pitch, don't want points docked/fine now do we..
  • Options
    Oh i forgot bout that, see this is the problem with having so many loan players, i think it would be a waste to drop waggy from the squad because he has a fair amount of speed, which gray and burton don't have, toddy may have to start with either burton or gray who are both hold up players, to be honest i wasnt overly impressed by Gillespie and wouldnt mind seeing this team on saturday,

Weaver

MOO2, Primus, Hudson, McEvely

Sam, Racon, Semedo, Buzz

Gray, Toddy

Toddy in my opinion is our best striker in front of goal and gray when paired with the right man does his hold up play pretty well, and after Semedo and Racon's performance's against QPR i would give them another go
  • Options
    I think I agree that we'll be lucky if we ZZ again, but it kind of relies on another club meeting his wage requirements, which is why he didn't go to WBA. Nothing to do with agents' fees. Anyway, he's definitely injured and in a lot of pain and is constantly on crutches at the training ground. If you think someone is shamming you're an insane conspiracist.
  • Options
    ZZ - Throw away that crutch and walk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL

I love the way people are certain that this or that = this, that or the other, the deals are locked on and everything is neatly lined up in a row.

"I don't know nothing, you don't know nothing, we all don't know nothing and we all don't bloody care!"

Bonus points for anyone who gets the song reference.
  • Options
    No fun at all
  • Options
    Don't know how to quote over the page but for the person who said this "i think its very silly to get rid of varney and id put money on him to have 15+ by the end of the season" i think you are completely mad.
    I don't know what you're baseing that statement on but if you think Varney is going to get 15+ goals in the remaining 27 games i'd get yourself down to a bookies soon.
  • Options
    I thought Varney was great-indeed I said to my Son, next to me as a Season Ticket holder as well, that if we had 11 of his like we would have gone up last Season. But to go to Derby with a view to a permanent transfer is dreadful, just dreadful. But then I read this post, are we serious that we get rid of Luke to pay off Pards? I must say that makes sense but this is becoming the biggest crisis for us since he delay on the Valley return whilst at Upton Park. We are truly in the mire............

Come on you Addicks
  • Options
    How about we're getting rid of Varney to pay for Curbishley's forthcoming wages!!!!
  • Options
    People need to get a bloody grip about Luke Varney.

His record at Championship level is 15 goals in 65 starts and 19 subs.

So, how the feck does he score another 15 goals in the next 27 games?

His record at Championship level is as follows....

2005/06 Crewe - Games 27 Goals 5
    2007/2008 Charlton Games Games 39 Goals 8
    2008/2009 Charlton Games 18 Goals 2

That's (including full & sub apps) 84 games for 15 goals - ONE goal every 5.6 appearances.

With nearly 100 games at this level on board you have a solid guide as to his abilities and he is never going to be a 1 in 3 man at this level.

I am a firm believe in stats proving a case and if you look at Darren Bent, for example, then you could see that through over 180 games (BEFORE he found form again recently) he had scored about 1 goal for every 2.5 games so you knew the odds were he would get back to that level even during the worst of his struggled at the Spuds - and he has done.