Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo - Leaving ?

I know its only NOTW but they are suggesting a three way tug of war for Jonjo by the three north east premiership clubs. I sincerely hope not true. Worried that Jonjo has dropped off the 1st team radar at the moment. Not a conspiracy theory honest.

Comments

• Options
    hopefully uncle can dismiss this.
  • Options
    I`ll drink to that.
  • Options
    Hope this doesn't happen but we shall have to wait until Feb 17th to be sure.
  • Options
    Was hoping that you would say that its bollox Henry ! :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Was hoping that you would say that its bollox Henry ! :-(

It's Bollox!

Happy now : - 0

Really don't know but patience is a virtue or so they tell me ; - )
  • Options
    Not really .....a bit maybe
  • Options
    Agree Henry. Parkinson was not my choice and perhaps still isn`t if the board can or want to attract a "bigger" fish but on the whole I came away from The Valley a lot lot happier than recent visits. If Parky is given the nod then he will get my full backing. (bet he is relieved about that). Hope he doesn`t discard Moo2. I think the lad has a big future and could be quality for us in a settled team which he has never had.
  • Options
    he's nto very good at whispering malarkey is he.
  • Options
    lol SHG whisper back fella not broadcast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just go back in and edit it by adding the name of the person you were whispering too.
  • Options
    at just 17 do you really think he would up root for the north east, when there would doubtless be demand from London and midlands clubs.

I hope he still wants to stay with us and I am sure we'd like him to stay a Charlton player, but with the predicament we are in clubs will be circiling and we need cash, let's hope he is here for a long while yet and he can be part of a brighter future.
  • Options
    can't see it

If Pardew was manager I could have seen it as he and Jonjo's dad weren't best of buddies but now who knows.
  • Options
    ***rumours*** so maybe all crap

heard that holland had a row with parky that jonjo should be playing for the first team....
    maybe orders from above that he can't be played so that he doesn't get injured ...
    spurs and liverpool are favourites to sign him...
  • Options
    He has a record of chopping and changing clubs, and has been pushed out of the first team. It's not a difficult rumour to believe.
  • Options
    Honestly he's probably our one remaining high value & sellable asset.

I hope he doesn't leave but could see why he might.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]He has a record of chopping and changing clubs, and has been pushed out of the first team. It's not a difficult rumour to believe.

A record of changing clubs..........Sorry........ am I missing something here?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]He has a record of chopping and changing clubs, and has been pushed out of the first team. It's not a difficult rumour to believe.

Quantify please dude

He's 16 years old so I fail to see how he is suddenly a journeyman!!

I hope he stays - he is our most exciting prospect
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Honestly he's probably our one remaining high value & sellable asset.

I hope he doesn't leave but could see why he might.
    If, and it's a big if, we're considering selling, we need to get him signed-up in February & playing for the 2nd half of the season. Yes, we all know that scouts have been watching him for a couple of years, but we need to get him firmly in the shop window where chairmen can see his worth!

Of course I don't want to see him go, but if he does need to (probably to help keep the club solvent), we need to maximise value...
  • Options
    Would be gutted to lose him without hardly even having the benefit of seeing him play. Agree with F-B: at least hang on to the end of the season and get some value from him, and for him if it comes to that.

If he goes in Jan, I really will believe we are struggling to stave off administration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Would be gutted to lose him without hardly even having the benefit of seeing him play. Agree with F-B: at least hang on to the end of the season and get some value from him, and for him if it comes to that.

If he goes in Jan, I really will believe we are struggling to stave off administration.

He can do what he likes before he is 17 it would seem so I don't think his going before then would mean anything regarding the Club's financial position.

Your administraton point would be valid in my view however if he hangs around long enough to actually sign a professional contract in February when he is 17 and we sell him at the end of the season before he really plays.
  • Options
    Sadly we are a club now where every player has a price regardless of age or position,if we sell him it has to be for good money and not mugged as we were in the old days,
  • Options
    anyone any idea why he's not even on the bench at the moment?

is he fit?
  • Options
    Played for the u18's the other day didn't he? Not sure he's even getting a game for the reserves?
  • Options
    Steady folks ...... no one on here really knows Jonjo's own situation - so it's all guesswork, based on what?

And all this talk of the club going into an administration has never been substantiated anywhere - so it's only people's own speculation and based only on a 'what if the worst comes to the worst' type scenario.

No point doom-mongering for the sake of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Steady folks ...... no one on here really knows Jonjo's own situation - so it's all guesswork, based on what?

I don't think it takes a genius to work out something has clearly gone on. He had a starting berth at the start of the season, and now can't get near the squad. Either he has hit a wall in terms of progression, or something else has happened.

I would be pig sick if he left. I get tremendous pride in seeing the likes of JonJo and Basey break through into the first team. It should be everything that this club is about.

If JonJo moves on this season, expect a massive withdrawal from Valley Gold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Steady folks ...... no one on here really knows Jonjo's own situation - so it's all guesswork, based on what?

I don't think it takes a genius to work out something has clearly gone on. He had a starting berth at the start of the season, and now can't get near the squad. Either he has hit a wall in terms of progression, or something else has happened.

I would be pig sick if he left. I get tremendous pride in seeing the likes of JonJo and Basey break through into the first team. It should be everything that this club is about.

If JonJo moves on this season, expect a massive withdrawal from Valley Gold.

Uncle's gone quiet too though? Maybe a family issue there too!
  • Options
    My opinion is that we are saving him for the 2nd half of the season, after he is old enough to sign a pro contract.

If we played him every game now, and he set the league on fire, then a fair number of clubs are going to come in before we've signed him and take him off our hands.

So hopefully, this is just a clever game from the club to shield him from the enemy eyes.
  • Options
    He came out of the first team squad due to that International tournament he was playing in which meant he was away for two weeks.

Then, when he comes back, we're in disarray. Right now, it's much better for a very promising (but that is it) 16 year old to play for the reserves and under 18s, rather than have him in the first team or on the bench.

That's what I think and what Parky thinks too - otherwise Waghorn - who is much more accomplished and close to the first team than Jon Jo is, would have started or been on the bench on Saturday!
  • Options
    He last appeared in the first team as a playing sub only 2 weeks ago - so he's still on the fringes and involved.

We all expected him to establish himself in the 1st team this season with the ability and promise he's shown so far - but he's still only 16, very young, and with the club slipping into the bottom 3, it does seem management are preferring experience to potential at the moment.

Unless AFKA, you know something I don't?