Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managers who've never been sacked

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    i see. maybe my english is not good but surely my mind is better than yours. at the end when charlton goes to league 1 (i hope not) you will know what i just said.
  • Options
    i hope your mind isnt as split as your English. One min good, the next not so
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]NO, according to his bio, the board liked to extend the contract for 3 more years but curbs only want 1 as he thinks that is as far as he can lead chalrton in the league so they reach the mutual agreement. the 1 year curbs wanted to extend was because he wanted to give the board time to find someone who can qualify for the job.

You can't even spell Charlton
    Is Jose Mourinho one or does it not count that he was never sacked abroad and in the prem.
  • Options
    i just typed it wrong.

i guess i am the "public" enemy in this board......

i will keep my mouth shut, how's that sound?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]i just typed it wrong.

i guess i am the "public" enemy in this board......

i will keep my mouth shut, how's that sound?

who do you support?
    you only seem to be public enemy as you are the most negative i have ever seen!

maybe your a palace or millwall fan on a wind up or maybe your just negative but come on do you really believe we are going down?
  • Options
    Now the sock puppet has gone, can we get back to the subject?

We've come up with five managers still operating in English football who've never been sacked - Curbs, Keegan, Moyes, Mark Hughes and Paul Ince (who may be leaving this list shortly). A sixth name I'm not sure about is Martin O'Neill (was he sacked at Norwich or did he walk? Probably not there long enough to do anything that merited the boot, so I susepct he joins our elite list). And one, Redknapp, who deserves an honourable mention for only being sacked once in 25 years of managership.

Any more?
  • Options
    Nigel, you havent specified whether we're talking current (or available) managers or those in the past, where I live a lot of the time. Everyone seems to be talking current names more or less, so before anyone else does can I mention Shankly, Paisley, Fagan ,Busby and Nicholson. Also hasn't Gary Megson had the chop a few times?
  • Options
    ''can I mention Shankly, Paisley, Fagan ,Busby and Nicholson.''

Of course, you can March. I was narrowing the list to current managers, but it would be quite interesting to have comparative figures . Sure, it was never a profession with much job security. But I'd guess there must be two or three times the number of sackings per season now compared to, say, 40 years ago?
  • Options
    Brian Clough had a long stint at forest. Not sure if he got sacked at Derby??
  • Options
    Yes he was, although he took ages to accept the fact, as did many of the supporters; read the excellent 'Damn United' for the full story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Cloughie was also sacked by Leeds after a reign that lasted just 44 days.

He was also very good at sacking people himself. Can't remember if it was at Derby or Forest, but there was a story that he caught two tea ladies laughing and joking after his team had taken a pasting - and although they were probably laughing at something completely unconnected with football, he sacked them for inappropriate behavour !
  • Options
    Thanks NW, back to the present , whose that bloke Grimsby keep sacking, can picture him but the name escapes me, Alan someone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Thanks NW, back to the present , whose that bloke Grimsby keep sacking, can picture him but the name escapes me, Alan someone?

Alan Buckley.
  • Options
    dont think Arsene wenger ever had the chop
  • Options
    Wenger sacked by Monaco 1994...
  • Options
    Thanks Covered End, saved me a sleepless night. With all his loveable ducking and diving, was Venables actually sacked from anywhere (inc Barca and Aussie)?
  • Options
    Bobby Robson did he get sacked
  • Options
    Robson sacked at least four times - Fulham, England, Sporting Club Lisbon and Newcastle
  • Options
    Yes I thought about him too nla; I think he did alright until Newcastle, or did he jump before he was pushed?
  • Options
    Fair enough nw, can we put him in with 'most sacked' then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was Coppell ever sacked, know he walked out of Man City and is still at Reading...I assume Palace must have sacked him at one of his times at the club but can't remember....also how about Tony Pullis?

As for most sacked...Trevor Francis must be up there somewhere he was awful.
  • Options
    who was the fella that keeps taking over at blackburn everytime a mgr gets the boot there i dont think he jas been fired yet has had the job 4 times to my knowledge but i cant think of his name
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]who was the fella that keeps taking over at blackburn everytime a mgr gets the boot there i dont think he jas been fired yet has had the job 4 times to my knowledge but i cant think of his name[/quote

Tony Parkes
  • Options
    Reliably informed last night Steve Coppell has never been sacked, always walked.
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate
  • Options
    Keegan ? all i ever remember is him walking
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    tony parkes

cheers the equaliser