Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Festive Foods you Love & Hate

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah Icelands do Sprouts at Xmas with chestnuts in very nice this years they have it with bacon in ?
  • Options
    Love: Turkey with all the trimmings on the 25th, Cold meat and salad on the 26th and then the rest of the meat stewed in the juice of the bones with swede, carrots, pearl barley and turnip for the 27th.

Hate: Christmas Pud, Christmas Cake and Mince Pies
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Love: Crunchy home made parsnips, dark turkey meat, sausage meat - carve my name in the big long ones if at my parents as I claim it all! stuffing, meat stuffing, my own roast potatoes, serving up a roast dinner in about 8 different dishes, and each time you take the lid off of each its like a new treat.

Hate: not being able to eat it all
  • Options
    Besides that

Like everything
  • Options
    Love - Turkish Delight, Chocolate Liqueurs, Hazel and Brazil nuts. A big bowl full of Wine Gums, Liquorice Allsorts, Minstrels, Malteasers and Marshmallows. Snowballs, and my own Punch. Homemade stuffing, Devilled Kidneys, Champagne and a barrel of ale. Bubble and squeak, cold meat sandwiches. Proper rich, booze fuelled Christmas cake, and a good old film and a nap.

Hates - Dates- but always by a box, parsnips. Wrapping presents. All the bloody packaging. First day back at work in Jan. :-(
  • Options
    You have a point there chirpy, for me, two very different days and emotions in close proximity.

Christmas Eve night, best pub/social club night of the year, its a great atmosphere, I dont miss it and prefer it to New Years Eve.

First day back to work after Christams (we all go back on different days) is the worst feeling of the year for me.

ps....got some good website links for Elvis stuff if you want me to whisper them.