Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy Faye played again

maybe we should of kept him ;-) maybe the management team could not get the best from him

Comments

• Options
    Everyone does better when they leave us, I would just love to know exactly what the problems are in the dressing room as it's painfully obvious that we have a knack of knocking the stuffing out of every player.
  • Options
    Bothroyd and Reid scored today. Anyone else?
  • Options
    It's because the majority of our fans are unfortunately very fickle and uneducated when it comes to understanding football.
    Faye started off his Charlton career very strongly in midfield and also as an emergency centre half. He then had a couple of stinkers, lost confidence and was from then on branded useless. Lisbie according to most was useless despite scoring against the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and of course 3 against Liverpool and ripping opposing defences open virtually every time he played. Big Chris, hero one minute, the service dries up and he becomes useless according to our so called fans.
    Kish was useless as well, but oh how we could do with someone like him in the team now.
  • Options
    and varney!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]It's because the majority of our fans are unfortunately very fickle and uneducated when it comes to understanding football.
    Faye started off his Charlton career very strongly in midfield and also as an emergency centre half. He then had a couple of stinkers, lost confidence and was from then on branded useless.
    Not true in the slightest. Faye had two reasonable games when he first got in the side - neither of which would be considered 'strong'. Other than those two performances, and half a game against Portsmouth, he was by far the worst player that played for us in the Premierhip. Yes, even worse than El Khalej. Amdy Faye is an extremely poor footballer who, if he hadn't managed to somehow make it to the world cup, would never have played football in the top two divisions of this country. He can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't shoot and has no pace. He is, in short, turd.
  • Options
    Wot Leroy said except id add Faye one of the worst EVER when you add in his wages and transfers.
  • Options
    Queensland I am sorry but you are talking total tosh mate. You could not have seen him play

He was shockingingly awful - yeah he had a couple of decent games at the beginingg but you'd expect that. After that he wa sby far the worse player I have seen in a long time and not just in a charlton shirt.

His 2nd touch was a tackle.
  • Options
    I reckon the point is that yes, he was awful when playing for us, couldn't be bothered etc., but why? He's playing pretty well now, why couldn't we get him or most any other player for that matter to up their game? Why do they only show their true form when they leave us? We keep banging on about how awful they are, but never look at the possible reasons.
  • Options
    Exactly., and now we are starting to hear the same sort of things about Bailey, can't pass, not up to this level etc.
    No player looks good when their confidence is shot to pieces and we manage to do a very good job of making good players look very poor.
    I'm not saying Faye was a good player, but he did a pretty good job at Portsmouth and Newcastle before joining us. I did see El Khalej and Faye was definitely no where near as bad as him at centre half. The examples that I used Lisbie, Big Chris and Kish were all better players than they were ever given credit for by Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Great post Queensland and spot on. Dennis Rommedahl was another that came with a fair reputation but wasn't played to his strengths. Kevin Lisbie was one of the best strikers we had, lightning quick and would trouble most defences. He scored a hattrick against Liverpool FFS!! He'll end up the only Charlton player to do that in our lifetimes and who knows if not eternity! Yet some on here branded him a hack relentlessly bagging one of their own. Now he is a player we could use right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lisbie bollox just how many years do you pay a guy to do f**k all ? 9 seasons how many goals did he get ? of course it was the fans geting at him of course we never gave him TIME did we ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**********************KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that nine years !!!!!!!

yesssssssssssss what a total f**k up it was geting rid of two talented , super like Lisbie and faye.

that Tiaorie(sic) we got from Liverpool what a catch he was as well why the f**k did we get rid of him ?
  • Options
    Give me Lisbie any day over this present mob of so called strikers.
    As for Traore, yes he was useless I'll give you that. However he must have had something to play regularly for Liverpool and in a European Cup Final.
  • Options
    Why does everyone have a problem with El Karkouri?

I always thought he was far far better than Faye or Fortune or Hudson I ccould go on...
  • Options
    El Karkouri was fine. It's El Khalej we had a problem with. Played in the 6 -1 home defeat to Leeds and was never seen again.
  • Options
    oh right i didn't even remember him i thout it was a loosening of the real name ha ha ha sorry!
  • Options
    The demise of both Faye & Lisbie may well have been that they never really had much of a steady run in the team, Rommedahl was quite clearly not suited to English football, and as for Big Chris i think the lack of service did for him. Don't think you can really blame the fans for any of these. In my experience Charlton fans are a very tolerant bunch, we can put up with fairly inadequate players as long as we can see they are putting in the effort.
  • Options
    except Varney clearly
  • Options
    Varney is a point in case, don't remember him ever getting booed by the crowd because people recognised he put the effort in. People may have slagged him off a bit on the message boards but i really can't imagine any players read them so i can't see that affecting his confidence. What probably did for him was that he is obviously not the most confident bloke anyway and Pard's kept banging on about how he was going to be our man this season and loading up the pressure, just bad management really.
  • Options
    where do you sit? north lower and some of the east and west stands boo'd him and jeered at him a lot!
  • Options
    Faye is quite simply dire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But surely the point that Queensland and others are trying to make - is that players build a decent reputation playing for other clubs (and their country!), which is why we signed them in the first place.

They come to Charlton, start well but gradually their confidence is shot to shreds, and they become a shadow of the player they were beforehand.

They are eventually shunted out as failures at knock-down prices and lo, and behold - at other clubs they are transformed into effective players again.

There's only one common denominator here - Charlton, whether they are undermined by management or fans, I don't know. But their careers get derailed at Charlton.

So what has been going on behind the scenes?
  • Options
    Nicely put Oggy. Players like Kins, Kiely, Robinson, Powell, JJ, Bartlett, Euell etc came to the club and enhanced their reputations.
    The complete opposite happens now and until we can address this problem the only direction for our club will be down.
  • Options
    Thank you Oggy, well put. I'm always scratching around for answers that make sense. How can we improve things if we don't know what the problems really are? Can we really only sit back and hope that Parky and the board know the answers? This was happening before we ran out of money and other clubs do better with less money. Does anyone have the inside info from the dressing room?
  • Options
    What QA said and what SA said.
  • Options
    Faye is only playing alright for stoke becuase they are a team that bypasses midfield with their inane long ball play to the f****** corner crap football looking for throw ons for Delap to launch into midfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]they are a team that bypasses midfield with their inane long ball play to the f****** corner crap football

I don't think we're in a position to call anyone elses football crap mate, ours is f*cking dreadful.
    Whilst on the subject of ex-players doing well, i see Michael Turner had another blinder for Hull.
  • Options
    Where is the we in all of this I didn't say me and Chris from Sidcup said lol :-)

I know what you mean but that's why he half decent because they are playing to his level - he's a big lump and that's about it.
  • Options
    We should remember the following players who all left Charlton and who's careers stalled too :

Stewart, Sturgess, MacDonald, McGleish, Lisbie (goals for Col U in relegation and now a part timer at Ipswich), Bartlett, Johannson, Pringle, Svensson, Grant, Kish ...... it's really not as positive as Queensland makes out
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]We should remember the following players who all left Charlton and who's careers stalled too :

Stewart, Sturgess, MacDonald, McGleish, Lisbie (goals for Col U in relegation and now a part timer at Ipswich), Bartlett, Johannson, Pringle, Svensson, Grant, Kish ...... it's really not as positive as Queensland makes out[/quote]

LMFAO. Don't forget to add Mendonca, Hunt, Rufus, all great players whose careers stalled when they left the Valley.
    Pringle had to retire in case you've forgotten, MacDonald and McGleish played less than five games between them, Bartlett and Kish were about 32. Svensson was always useless. What the!!!
  • Options
    Give me an example of ONE player who we WANTED to sell who's career has flourished since leaving the Valley ......