Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brock Lesner

2»

Comments

• Options
    how old are you now polo?

I remember i used to have a SummerSlam 1993 video, (got it from a charity shop when i was 12/13)
  • Options
    UFC is as exciting and realistic as a 'real' fight can be in a controlled environment and the boxing fraternity are watching their art being taken over in popularity by UFC.
    Young men are joining UFC type clubs in their hundreds if not thousands. It is giving them some direction in life.
    The down side:-
    UFC is about as far away from Martial Arts as you can get. UFC or "No rules fighting" as it was called in the early 90's came about when Martial Artists decided to hold no holds barred competition (excepting no groin shots, no throat shots and no pulling hair!!!), over the years this has evolved into UFC and they even invented a 'Martial Art' ??? called Submission which is aimed at techniques required in the Octogon. So by default it is no longer no holds barred.
    The majority are on gear (alledgedly). Those that aren't cant compete.
    I'm told the majority of young men taking up the sport dont last too long. My biggest fear is they learn a few moves and aggression then go out on the streets and end up hurting someone because the cant control the aggression.
    All that aside the UFC crowd seem to be policing their sport more professionally these days so thats a good thing.
    Its so much more exciting than boxing, I hope the sport of UFC goes from strength to strength.
  • Options
    24yrs young now Dazzler...No idea if I was 10, was just a cheap dig at any grown men still watching wrestling ;)
  • Options
    erm well im a half grown man still watchin from time to time ;o)
  • Options
    A Jackie Pallo fan myself ;-)
  • Options
    Heroin_Addick loves it!
  • Options
    You're right in parts Bibble. Different martial artists would fight in a non weight category pretty much no rules fight to see which style was the best. A lot of the earlier tournament was won by a 5'8 fighter called Royce Gracie who fought using Gracie Ju-Jitsu, a submission based style. This style has since involved by combing with striking techniques used in Mai Thai boxing and is known as mix martial arts. So it's not as far from martial arts as you can get!

MMA fights generally live longer than wrestlers, and recent research is claiming this is due to repeat head injuries rather than steriods, which is present big time in wrestling where you're look is more important than in MMA.
  • Options
    I was gutted for Couture but bear in mind he is about 46 years old when he fought Lesnar who is basically a bear! Not much technique but f*ck me a lot of power
  • Options
    Shame Gracie would get his arse handed to him these days. First fighter to ever really introduce submissions & aided by his jedi cloak & belt!
  • Options
    Has kimbo had a go yet? would be a great fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nah that's comin up i think!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Shame Gracie would get his arse handed to him these days. First fighter to ever really introduce submissions & aided by his jedi cloak & belt!
    Indeed! In a recent fight he practically had his arm broken and still never submitted. The Sabu of MMA!
  • Options
    Kimbo got flattened by a bloke half his size!! Don't know if it was UFC though

He's a mean mush though that kimbo
  • Options
    Not fought in UFC...I think he would get hammered to be honest.

There were rumours of him going into a season of the ultimate fighter to prove himself first.