Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ince for Charlton?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Exactly - the real reason was that he wanted to move the home dugout closer to the South Stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Ince would be anm intriguing choice, but all through his career he's jumped clubs at the first sign of a pay rise. West Ham to Man U, and when Man U initially decided not to sign him he got himself photographed in the papers in a Man U shirt. Managerially he moved on quickly from Macclesfield to MK Dons and then Blackburn. Are we sure that he'd hang around or take the next decent offer that comes his way?

I'd sooner we go for a Curbs type manager, someone who sees Charlton as a real opportunity and knows he needs three/four seasons to prove himself before finding the next job.

well MKD to Blackburn is hardly jumping ship is it, from a League 1 job to a PL job, it's a no brainer. If he did come to us and then leave at the first decent offer that came along it would have meant that he'd done a good job with us as that is the only way he'd get another decent offer and at the moment I'd take him coming in and saving us from relegation even if he then left again next summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Exactly - the real reason was that he wanted to move the home dugout closer to the South Stand.

Ahem...South Stand? Henry's gonna have your balls for dinner WSS
  • Options
    he wishes
  • Options
    whoever we sign please can it be only till the end of the season.....!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Exactly - the real reason was that he wanted to move the home dugout closer to the South Stand.

isn't that though so he'd have the lino directly in front of him so he could give him grief and 'influence' him ?
  • Options
    What about D Ferguson (good connections) or N Clough (manager Burton Animals)
  • Options
    Whatever we think of him, i still think Ince will get the job soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Monk[/cite]Whatever we think of him, i still think Ince will get the job soon.

based on ?
  • Options
    i'm not convinced
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the job will go to Paolo Di Canio - I really don't know why just gotta feeling (my feelings are usually wrong!)
  • Options
    Pretty much agree with Firmani on his thoughts on Ince.

No not being in the game i have no idea about 'institutional racism' but his own drum beating of not getting a top job before becuase of his race (rather than not actually posessing all the UEFA coaching badges) when Blackburn appointed him and critism of the media as it him being picked on becuase of his 'race' when things weren't going well sat very uncomfortably with me.

For me he was a classic English midfielder that followed behind Robson in that all action mould, he won loads and was one of the few successfull exports. My two pennies worth for what it's worth just looking from the outside he had success and MK and Macclesfield playing an open attractive style of football but how much was it down to inspiring lower league players due to his personality/what he achieved in the game? It seems his problems stemmed at Blackburn (much like Keanes at Sunderland) due to him being unable to motivate bigger name players and his ego which meant that he was always right which simply led to a general inflexibility in the way the side played and the way the players played...

There is of course also his tactics - http://i36.tinypic.com/15not2f.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]It seems his problems stemmed at Blackburn (much like Keanes at Sunderland) due to him being unable to motivate bigger name players and his ego which meant that he was always right which simply led to a general inflexibility in the way the side played and the way the players played...

'bigger name players' - not something he'd have to worry about with us. I do think players in our League would look up to him and have respect for what he has achieved. Plus I can't see him accepting players that don't at least try.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

'bigger name players' - not something he'd have to worry about with us. I do think players in our League would look up to him and have respect for what he has achieved. Plus I can't see him accepting players that don't at least try.

I agree, I think Premier League players don't look up to many managers, especially young english ones. Different kettle of fish in the Championship.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Harry Monk[/cite]Whatever we think of him, i still think Ince will get the job soon.[/quote]

based on ?

We are in a dogfight now and who else is there for this kind of scrap? I dont think they will risk going for Di Canio cos he has no experience, Ince has shown his interest in the Job and hes a proven fighter, i just think he will be the next manager, could be wrong.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why but I have reservations about Ince.

It might just be that I didn't particularly like him as a player but more likely the thought that having just expensively offloaded one massively inflated ego in Pardew do we need another one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm not really sure why but I have reservations about Ince.

It might just be that I didn't particularly like him as a player but more likely the thought that having just expensively offloaded one massively inflated ego in Pardew do we need another one?

I would agree we don't need another ego, but do we really know if that's the case with Ince. Admittedly as a young man he did some odd things regarding transfers etc, but he seemed happy to work in the lower leagues to start his managerial career off. Don't most people on football on the playing/managing side of things have an ego.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm not really sure why but I have reservations about Ince.

An over-inflated ego that saw him take a job with Macclesfield, then totally adrift at the bottom of league 2. A job he didn't need to take and could've ended in disaster dropping into the conference.
  • Options
    Please God, not Ince. I've hated him for years since he decided he was too good to play for West Ham. The only possible justification would be that we were signing him to strengthen our midfield!
  • Options
    Shouldn't touch Ince with a barge pole infact shouldn't touch Ince with the kin barge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone who can get a club to pay £1.1M for mcleod is surely some kind of miracle worker........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]anyone who can get a club to pay £1.1M for mcleod is surely some kind of miracle worker........

Jesus Ince couldn't do that!
  • Options
    Trouble is .... if we take an Ince.
    then he'd take a mile.

COAT!