Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New striker signed?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14326_4448415,00.html

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, the link didn't highlight in its entirety, you'll need to copy and paste unless someone can set it up correctly please.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gohi close to Charlton switch
    Ivorian starlet Bi Cyriac Gohi has confirmed to that he will be joining Championship oufit Charlton Athletic in January.

The 18-year-old actually signed a deal last year with The Addicks as part of the agreement Charlton have with ASEC Mimosas and their highly-rated youth academy.

Charlton are now set to exercise their option on the talented striker who has been hitting the back of the net on a regular basis for his club this year.

Gohi is now looking forward to his big move to England.

"I am going to Charlton in January, to start my career there," he told skysports.com

"I can play in the Championship and I believe I can score there."

Gohi is looking to emulate fellow countryman Didier Drogba's success in England.

"Drogba is the best striker in the Premier League, so I want to be the best striker in the Championship," he said.

"I always dream about emulating my heroes, like scoring in the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium."
  • Options
    Isn't he meant to be quite promising?
  • Options
    Can only be a good thing if he's talented. Bring the kid on I say!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite].

"I always dream about emulating my heroes, like scoring in the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium."

F*** me has anyone show him our record over the last 20 years.

LOL

Sounds promising but then so did, a list as long as my arm, a lot of players we've had over the past 3 years.
  • Options
    Im sure I've read that exact story before a few months back including the quotes
  • Options
    Sorry, the story was first posted back in November. Sink?
  • Options
    No Thanks
  • Options
    No thanks to what LB?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the striker

Another unproven no one have we had enough of them over the past few years

Fed up of people that might be good and might work out
  • Options
    I agree, I also had enough of Loans... (except Waghorn)
  • Options
    yep also agreee, with you both LB and Dazzler. Cant see what this boy can offer that Dickson can. Regarding the Loanees, Waggy is different as he is there to prove a point and make a better footballer of himself, the others just care about there paycheck.
  • Options
    Yeah same story was on Sky Sports, with those quotes, a month or two ago.

Don't see how he would get a work permit? He might be promising, but he's only 18.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Yeah same story was on Sky Sports, with those quotes, a month or two ago.

Don't see how he would get a work permit? He might be promising, but he's only 18.

I think the point of having a affiliate club is that they can play there for a few years and get EU citizenship.
  • Options
    Henry has tried to point out recently - that Derek Chappell has confirmed the story already at Bromley Addicks meeting, 16 December.

He's likely to be farmed out to French club, so he can get his EU citizenship.

He's supposed to be a devastating talent. So we're not talking about another 1st team squad loanee as such, but a young 18 year old, earmarked as someone special for the future.
  • Options
    im so excitied its given me a movement
    or it could have been the vindiloo last night.
  • Options
    "Cant see what this boy can offer that Dickson can"

Christ not wishing to pick you up on this one but i'd be surprised if anyone can give you a clue on the merits of a striker playing his trade in the Ivory Coast and a player that has had 8 minutes of first team football this season... the club probably know a little more than we do however
  • Options
    T you forget Dicko has also played for his country of recent so must be doing something!
  • Options
    I disagree that Waghorn is the only loanee playing for something- Burton is initially on loan with a view to earning a permanent contract when he becomes a free agent in the near future and I have to say he is looking like a team player- may not score goals \on a regular basis but is a front man who can create chances for others around him- Play Dicko or Waghorn alongside him and see how they profit from his prescence!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]I disagree that Waghorn is the only loanee playing for something- Burton is initially on loan with a view to earning a permanent contract when he becomes a free agent in the near future and I have to say he is looking like a team player- may not score goals \on a regular basis but is a front man who can create chances for others around him- Play Dicko or Waghorn alongside him and see how they profit from his prescence!

Gray is far superior
  • Options
    Cyriac Gohi Bi
    Personal information
    Full name Cyriac Gohi Bi Zoro Sede
    Date of birth August 5, 1990 (1990-08-05) (age 18)
    Place of birth Daloa, Cote d'Ivoire
    Height 1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)
    Playing position Striker
    Club information
    Current club Charlton Athletic F.C. Reserves
    Youth clubs
    1999-2003 2009 Fusion FC
    2004-2006 ASEC Academy
    Charlton Athletic F.C. Reserves
    Senior clubs1
    Years Club App (Gls)*
    2007-2008
    2009- ASEC Mimosas 22 goals in 26 appearances
    National team
    2004-2007
    2007- Ivory Coast U-17
    Ivory Coast U-21 17 (9)
    15 (2)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Yeah same story was on Sky Sports, with those quotes, a month or two ago.

I think the point of having a affiliate club is that they can play there for a few years and get EU citizenship.

Yeah I understand that, but the story included quotes in which he said he thinks he can play and score goals in the Championship, as if he was signing and going straight into our team.
  • Options
    Would probably sign, go out on loan to Grimsby score a hatful,return to The Valley rot in the reserves then be eventually given a free to Tooting and Mitcham United.
  • Options
  • Options
    21 in 24 is a good return - even in a poop league!

Could be a bit different and can't be any worse than our current striking options
  • Options
    Won`t see him this season............Nailed on
  • Options
    Just glanced at his website:

"In 2007 he joins the junior national team. In September of the same year, he is called for the Asec mimosas first team almost at the end the 2007 season.

He plays the last 5 matches of the season and manage to score one goal. Charleton, The English club of second division with which thereafter he signs, lends him for one season to the Asec Mimosas first team.

So He will be the big revelation of the 2008 season with 21 goals to its asset. The Ivory Coast 2008 season best forward.
    "

Anyone make sense of that.....?

;o)
  • Options
    Also taken from his website....

"It is therefore the shareholder of the Asec Mimosas who is the new king of nets of the 2008 season with 21 goals. The 2008 scorer dug the gap while making display of his mastery before the goals. Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac is thus become a poison for the goal keepers."

Could this be the miracle we clearly need, a player who knows how to poison the opposition goalkeepers...there is hope after all.
  • Options
    Also says

Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac will fly to England on January 2009 to join his new club: Charlton (D2).

Wonder how long it will be until any of this is confirmed by the club? Wouldn't be surprised if they don't mention him at all and he ends up on loan to a French team for half a season, maybe more.