Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday is a fantastic opportunity......

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
.......to play a couple of the kids and those who haven't been given a proper chance yet. So please step up Messrs Shelvey, Wright and Dickson.

Comments

• Options
    And why not throw Sinclair and Christensen into the mix as well!
  • Options
    agreed shame we havnt got a youngster who can take place of hudson.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Solly in there as well, especially if Moutaouakil isn't going to get another game for us.
  • Options
    Dont hold your breath, we're still stuck in Pardew mode.
  • Options
    we do his name is mambo
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    doubt they'll cup tie Dickson
  • Options
    Agree with this at first but I wonder if the fact that it's not the league will help the regulars relax. It might help them to get a much needed win in readiness for Forest.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Agree with this at first but I wonder if the fact that it's not the league will help the regulars relax. It might help them to get a much needed win in readiness for Forest.

Nice sentiment but we desperately need new blood - we can't afford anyone and more loanies are not the answer. There's something quite ironic that when Palace were in trouble last season Warnock played their kids but our management seem intent on protecting ours.
  • Options
    If I'm not mistaken Hudson and Youga are both one yellow card away from being suspended and Crainie is due to go back to Portsmouth so we aren't exactly blessed with a long list of available centre backs are we? Even more reason to give someone from the U19s a chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite].......to play a couple of the kids and those who haven't been given a proper chance yet. So please step up Messrs Shelvey, Wright and Dickson.

Come on Parky - you know it makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But on Saturday v Norwich, do you really all want to see a complete Charlton reserve team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But on Saturday v Norwich, do you really all want to see a complete Charlton reserve team?

How many automatic 1st X1 picks do we have Oggy? ZZ if fit, Fortune, Hudson by default and that is about it.

Why not take the opportunity to experiment?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But on Saturday v Norwich, do you really all want to see a complete Charlton reserve team?

I didn't say a complete reserve team Oggy. The aforementioned three would be a start. What a lift it would be if those true Charlton boys had blinders - for the players, the management and most importantly, at this time of strife, the fans.
  • Options
    Yes give Shelvey and Dickson a fair chance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

I didn't say a complete reserve team Oggy. The aforementioned three would be a start. What a lift it would be if those true Charlton boys had blinders - for the players, the management and most importantly, at this time of strife, the fans.

I'm sure Shelvey will start anyway, perhaps with Old Father Holland beside him as minder.
    I'd play Moo2 & Youga at full back too.

We can have 7 subs - so Wright & Co can add to the bench. And Dicko will be in the stands.
    Shame. He's made for this sort of game.
  • Options
    We need to pick a team to win the game, nothing else matters. One win might just give the team some confidence back.
  • Options
    Good shout, Cupboard End.

To win is what we need. Beautiful, ugly, deserved or scraped. Just a win.

Nothing else matters, agreed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]We need to pick a team to win the game, nothing else matters. One win might just give the team some confidence back.

Well the team picked for our record breaking run of 16 games without the likes of Shelvey and Dickson hasn't worked has it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

I'm sure Shelvey will start anyway, perhaps with Old Father Holland beside him as minder.
    I'd play Moo2 & Youga at full back too.

We can have 7 subs - so Wright & Co can add to the bench. And Dicko will be in the stands.
    Shame. He's made for this sort of game.

Forgot about the 7 subs thing, even more reason to put some youngsters in.

I don't want a complete reserve team, but I do want Elliot, Shelvey, Wright, Dickson and Moutaouakil/Solly to start.
  • Options
    I just hope he shows a bit of nous and rests people on 4 yellows or whatever.

Bailey is a big enough loss for Forest without any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can just imagine the gasp of 'who'? when/if the name Yado Mambo is announced as a substitute !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solaraddick[/cite]Can just imagine the gasp of 'who'? when/if the name Yado Mambo is announced as a substitute !!

Or even Chris Dickson
  • Options
    to stay at home and let them know what you think about giving Parky the full-time job.
  • Options
    Dont think thats a great idea. Probably be better to all go and get behind them. If they do play some youngsters i'm sure they'll appreciate the support
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Dont think thats a great idea. Probably be better to all go and get behind them. If they do play some youngsters i'm sure they'll appreciate the support[/quote]

On the other hand if the glass half-empty brigade want to stay away then fine. This is a time when for better or worse we need to get behind the club and perhaps give Parky a clean slate. We don't need booing and negativity at this game.
  • Options
    True BFR i will be there and certainly wont be booing. A new year with new hope. And hopefully a young nephew of mine will get on and score a couple and we have a good win. Well i did say new hope !!!
  • Options
    Uncle, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism mate, makes a nice change after all the recent doom and gloom. So do you have any inside info as to whether that's likely?

Hmm, I wonder what odds you can get on Jonjo scoring first or last goal on Saturday.
  • Options
    He'll be about 20-1. No inside info sadly just hope but it would make a lot of sense to play him in my opinion
  • Options
    I think everyone wants to see Jonjo play along with others like Wright, Dickson, Moutaouakil etc who have been left out recently.
  • Options
    Saturday is a fantastic opportunity...

to unveil our new 2009 shirt. The rose-tinted one !!!