Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday is a fantastic opportunity......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Agree with Sco, it would be nice to see more of our own given the chance to impress......Nice to see you back on here Uncle.
  • Options
    Thank you Bexley. Saturday is a faantastic opportunity to meet up with some friends that i have made on here. Have a few beers with them moan about the team (well maybe just listen to nss moaning!! Sorry steve couldn't resist that) Then go to the ground and watch us win then read all the comments on here saturday night whilst having a few more beers
  • Options
    Uncle..... obviously Jonjo has a bright future in the game be it with charlton or someone else....is he feeling as down as the rest of us about the plight of our club?....if so could he be the spark we need to try and give the team a lift...I cannot understand why he hasn't been given a chance lately. I know the team is struggling and the fans are on the team's back but true talent will always shine thru....
  • Options
    ct_addick: Jonjo was on the bench on Boxing Day, and was just about to come on as part of a double substitution when we scored. That obviously prompted a rethink, and he ended up not coming on after all.
  • Options
    Thanks ct_addick . He's just waiting for his chance really and i hope it comes soon. He's just got to make sure he does what is required when he gets his chance. I've no doubt in his ability to help get the team out of this mess and hopefully he'll get his chance saturday
  • Options
    mate it will be good to have him at your lugs instead of just mine on saturday
  • Options
    So true lol i'm bringing Jan she can listen to him too
  • Options
    My other half is coming to her first Charlton game on Saturday, so that'll add to the numbers
  • Options
    Rothko, have you warned her that if we win she's got to come every week? Or at the very least to Forest, Palace, Doncaster, Watford and Norwich at home.
  • Options
    Oh good Rothko will you be in the lib it'll give her someone to talk handbags and shoes to lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Think that (along with Elliot) we should use the "kids" on Saturday, FFS if it works for Warnock at Palace (he first played the kids in a league cup tie last season,and stuck with 75% of them) why not try it ?
    Wenger at Arsenal tries it in the cup, and afew of those have "brokenthrough". Maybe have a couple of "Elders" on the bench (Fortune,Holland,etc) just in case, but start with the likes of Wright, Shelvey, Mambo,etc.
    We USED to be known as the club where the under 14s wanted to go to as they had a good chance of breaking into the first XI or matchday Squad.
    They've more chance at Palace or the Spanners now.

And it helps promote Valley Gold, which, whatever you think about it, DOES help bring the kids through the Academies.
  • Options
    That's a great point Paul. I was thinking the same thing myself earlier today. While we were in the Premiership, understandably that kind of went by the wayside out of necessity for instant results, but now its time to get back to what we were good at when times were hard.
  • Options
    We USED to be known as the club where the under 14s wanted to go to as they had a good chance of braking into the first XI or matchday Squad.

Yep, which is why the likes of Scott Parker and Lee Bowyer signed for us - against considerable competition (I think both were offered schoolboy terms by every London club). They were told when you are good enough you'll play and so they chose us ahead of better teams where at 17/18 they'd be playing in the reserves and only getting the odd game.
  • Options
    Can anyone name an "under 23" Charlton team for tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Yado Mambo will be on the bench at least, tall strong centre back.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Can anyone name an "under 23" Charlton team for tomorrow ?

The best that I can do (and that includes Dickson and McCleod who were 23 at the beginning of the season and therefore qualify under my rules) is:

Elliot

Moutu
    Semedo
    Mambo
    Youga

Christensen
    Wright
    Shelvey
    Basey

Dickson
    McCleod
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Yado Mambo will be on the bench at least, tall strong centre back.

Do you know he will be or are you hoping he will be?

Aswad Thomas is back from his loan at Lewes, he could be ahead of Mambo. Pardew didn't rate him but maybe Parkinson does.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Yado Mambo will be on the bench at least, tall strong centre back.
    What number does he play?
  • Options
    Mambo no.5?
  • Options
    Good team AA;
    Would like to see that line-up start the game-

Anyone got Parkys mobile number ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of youngsters and no loan players will make a nice change.
    If a younger side got a result would Parky play the same side next week?
    Or would all our 'stars' return?
  • Options
    Now, when you say 'stars'.............................
  • Options
    can i change 'stars' for shite?
  • Options
    Your wish is granted !
  • Options
    Fantastic opportunity for me to see Jonjo start a game for a change
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well done Jonjo for seizing the opportunity.

Note to Parky- that's what happens when you give someone a chance. Shame you chose not to go the whole way because this was yet another game where our forward(s) didn't score and we didn't win. Still, if it doesn't work with one striker, take him off and bring a left back on instead.

So, very much a wasted opportunity but there's always the replay to rectify the situation. Otherwise, in the words of one old sage, "if you do what you've always done you'll get what you'll always get". Which, in case you've forgotten Parky, is no win in 17 games, 9 of which have been with you at the helm.