Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To those who think "we are already down"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah fairweather after 20 years of course. I've seen bad times but not gutless ones. We were hardly good when I first supported them were they?
  • Options
    you cant give up but it gets harder, i never went on boxing day but i will be there for the fa cup game.

i have got to work for the following 2 weekends after that but if i can finish before 3 i will be there
  • Options
    Plenty of games and points to play for, but then I've been thinking the same thing for weeks.

Next two home league games are Forest and Palace, which will tell us a lot about how much fight is left in the squad.

Bring in a new manager now, give him at least something to work with in the transfer window, and let's get on with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]IWe are relegated already and we have no chance whatsoever of staying up.

As someone else said above: if you believe this then how can you blame the players for believing it too.

Besides, if you started going 20 years then we were actually pretty good then.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]I don't agree with the opening post. We are relegated already and we have no chance whatsoever of staying up.

Every week I read how we will turn it round and win. I nearly fainted when we took the lead today but said at half time to my work colleagues that we would throw it away second half. It was obvious.

I state now we will not beat Nottm Forest.

I've never felt so disinterested and I used to absolutely love going. After 20 years of support including going to nearly every home game and some away games too, I'm starting to lose interest now and it's only because we just have "loser" written all over us. Getting relegated and fighting would be acceptable but we really are total shit I'm afraid.

So you're going to give up egh...another fairweather supporter...just what we need mate...just what we need.
    Come on Screamer get a grip...is that glass really half empty matey?

You can't blame people for being peed off Soundas.

This is as bad as we have been in nearly 30 years so it is only old gits like us that have seen worse. This is the worst anybody younger than 35 will have seen.

You and I were brought up on second division relegation battles, the youngsters simply haven't seen us in such a dire position.

Fifty years ago the 16 games without a win was spread over the end of one season and the beginning of the next.

This year we've had it in one hit which is unprecedented.
  • Options
    Everyone's pished off though Len - and nobody is trying to paint anything other than a pretty dire picture.

But what do we do - give up? It sounds as though "Sreamer" has given up, but that's his perogative.

Me, I reckon we've got one shot left in us. Get a new man in, try and do a bit of wheeling and dealing in Jan to get some people in who aren't tained by the gloom about the place, get us organised and then - and only then - might we claw enough points together to get ourselves out of this.

Even then it's a big ask, but unlike some others I ain't gonna shrug my shoulders, give up and throw in the towel - not my style.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    the only miniscule difference we can make is by getting behind the team at the games and that really wont make this pathetic bunch perform any better
    a decent manager could make a difference
    and spouting positive blindness or pessimistic realism on this board wont make us any better or worse imo
    the speed of our decline to where we are now at, is a lot more painful to when we were last in this position, nearly 30years ago we were a very poor and poorly supported club in those years and hadn't been in the top flight for over 20 years ....
    we're going down if parky stays
    the small chance of us staying up will depend on a new broom not whether you or me sit on hear typing shit about how good or bad we are
  • Options
    True Oooaah, but if we all already KNOW we're shite and that it's gonna take a miracle to keep us up then do we really need to keep reading it all fecking day long?

I dunno about you, but I come on here for a bit of friendly banter, have a laugh AND talk about Charlton - and if these things can all be done at the same time then even better.

And anyway, I posted on here the other day that Bouazza was "garbage" and he scored a good goal today. Are you seriously telling me that wasn't because he read my comments on here and decided that he must try harder?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And anyway, I posted on here the other day that Bouazza was "garbage" and he scored a good goal today. Are you seriously telling me that wasn't because he read my comments on here and decided that he must try harder?

well if you can just say the whole team is garbage then maybe they'll all turn it around....althought it hasn't worked for me!!
  • Options
    did you 2 have that bet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]did you 2 have that bet?

Nope, Ooaah bottled it.
    :o)
  • Options
    yeah,thought so,he talks a good game but when fronted just doesn't want to know.the helmet.
  • Options
    of course we are not already down but NO-ONE can deny the signs are not very good. Unless you have been watching Charlton for over 55 years then this IS the worst Charlton team you have ever seen. I went today and it was a very poor second half performance. We have won once in 19 games and yet some believe we are suddenly going to win three on the trot and be out of it. We need two wins to haul ourselves out of the bottom three and that is if the others fail to pick up points. We are in freefall. We are clueless and we are rudderless. The fans there today got behind the team and at the end there was no booing or weeping and wailing. However, getting behind the team alone will not get us out of this position. I agree that there are plenty of points to play for and that the current squad is capable of getting those results even without any transfer window tinkering. What isn't good enough though is the current management team. Parky has had eight games but just three points to show for it. I understand the Board giving him a few games and hoping (and praying) that he'd turn it around to a certain extent and then be appointed permanently, the cheap option. But eight games is too much and it plainly hasn't had any impact. He doesn't deserve a single game more. Bring in a new broom and sweep clean other wise we will be in League 1. To those who think we won't I'm afraid you are seriously deluded. The Board have dithered too long, now it's time for decisive action.
  • Options
    what large said
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    See the thing is Large, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that it's not looking good. The main disagreement is over whether it's too late to do anything about it, and if not, what it is that we can do. I agree that getting behind the team alone will not get us out of this position, but in the end it's all that we can really do, unless one of us has a spare £10 million lying around to invest in the club. But what getting behind the team could do is raise their confidence levels enough to turn the occasional 1-0 defeat into a 1-1 draw, or a 1-1 draw into a 2-1 win, or influence the occasional ref into awarding us a dodgy penalty. And the odd point or two gained here and there could be vital at the end of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]what large said

Who though?

Who can we afford? Sir Alan won't come back...
  • Options
    i had a dream len ...
    sir alan came back kept us up and said on the pitch 'that's for you len and oohaah but i'm afraid i have to leave now cos the football's not as exciting as some want'..................................................................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i had a dream len ...
    sir alan came back kept us up and said on the pitch 'that's for you len and oohaah but i'm afraid i have to leave now cos the football's not as exciting as some want'..................................................................

LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]what large said

Who though?

Who can we afford? Sir Alan won't come back...

I'm sure that there would be plenty of takers and they can't do any worse than Parky. I'd even go so far as to offer someone the job until the end of the season with the promise of a contract if we stay up and sitting down for a discussuion if we don't. If we stayed up it would enhance their CV and we might even lose them to another Club but at least we'd still be in the Championship. If we went down they wouldn't get the blame, it wouldn't blemish their CV and we'd be no worse off.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]See the thing is Large, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that it's not looking good. The main disagreement is over whether it's too late to do anything about it, and if not, what it is that we can do. I agree thatgetting behind the team alone will not get us out of this position, but in the end it's all that we can really do, unless one of us has a spare £10 million lying around to invest in the club. But what getting behind the team could do is raise their confidence levels enough to turn the occasional 1-0 defeat into a 1-1 draw, or a 1-1 draw into a 2-1 win, or influence the occasional ref into awarding us a dodgy penalty. And the odd point or two gained here and there could be vital at the end of the season.

What Aliwibble said.

We know we're in the shit, but just moaning that this is the worst Charlton team ever and saying we're already relegated just isn't true, is it?

Surely the Board will soon act. And then we can take one game at a time and see how it unfolds.

And sorry to say it, but there still is a long way to go.
    No point giving up at this stage, is there.....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    I've not given up otherwise why would I have made today's trip. Parky has to go though, end of, he's had his chance and not taken it. Time for a new broom and a good sweep up.
  • Options
    And on that point Large, I agree.

Well done for making that trip today., and keep the faith.....!
  • Options
    I rarely post - more of a viewer, but Oggy, Off it.....

That is the best summary i have read for ages.

We all know the players can play, in my eyes what they need is the preverbial big boot up the Jacksy!!! and i can quite simply not see Parkinson doing that, well, hes had enough chances hasnt he!!

Hudson and Fortune can defend
    Bailey, Semedo, Bouazza can create, defend and sometimes score
    Gray can score in this division, it has been proved.

What we need is that fresh new manager who can come in and scare the S**t out of these players and get them back into gear!
  • Options
    A new manager in, we win all our games and end up in the play-offs, and win that for good measure!! Its all been a bad dream you know!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]

What we need is that fresh new manager who can come in and scare the S**t out of these players and get them back into gear!

You don't get a lot scarier than Iain Dowie!

In all honesty i'm not sure if the hairdryer would work with our little soldiers.