Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 January Paper Rumours - Scowcroft / Fletcher from Palace, Ambrose to Wolves

Comments

• Options
    Charlton boss Phil Parkinson moved to boost his defensive ranks by completing a one-month loan deal for Reading defender Graeme Murty on Tuesday.

Parkinson, a former Royals player, has returned to his old club to bring the 34-year-old to The Valley on a temporary basis, with the right-back, who can also play on the right-hand side of midfield, going straight into the Addicks' squad for Saturday's crucial home clash with Nottingham Forest.

"We're very pleased Graeme has agreed to join us,” Parkinson told the official website. "I felt we needed to get one or two players in the building with a winning mentality, and Graeme certainly has that from his time at Reading and he has been promoted from this league before.

"He has a strong mentality and a lot of experience. Obviously, he joins initially for a month and that gives him a chance to get some games under his belt. More of story 1
  • Options
    Good god, I hope nothing comes of this rumour.
  • Options
    The combination of fresh rumours regarding Ambrose's departure alongside his 'illness' which prevented him from getting cup-tied would suggest he is being lined up for a move once again.

How many goals did he score last season and how many did he assist? How many games did he start?

I think it was a pretty good ratio all in all for a team that finished 12th.

I'm not saying he hasn't frustrated us, I'm not saying he is anything like the player we hoped we had signed but perhaps if we gave the bloke a steady position in the team and didn't keep chopping and changing him as Pardew did constantly, then maybe he might prove a useful addition come the final run-in.

Still, I guess the Board feel saving a few hundred thousand on his wages over 5-6 months is the most important thing, alongside getting 150K or so as a transfer fee. Sad times.
  • Options
    Palace season ticket holder friend of mine has just text me about Fletcher and Scowcroft.
    His view:
    "Slowcroft (not a typo) could bag you a few. Fletch is a tidy player but doesn't tackle enough. You need a leader and alas, he ain't.
    £400k is a good deal for you though."
  • Options
    Neil Warnock has denied reports that James Scowcroft and Carl Fletcher are set to join local rivals Charlton Athletic.

Both are currently out of favour at Selhurst Park, with Scowcroft still recovering from a hamstring injury that has restricted him to just four appearances this season while Fletcher was put on the transfer list in August and spent time on loan at Nottingham Forest.

Warnock though admitted he was unaware of any inquiry from the rock-bottom Addicks, and even double-checked with striker Scowcroft who was stood next to him at the time of asking.

He said: ““He doesn’t know anything about it and neither do I.

“Nobody has said anything to me.”
  • Options
    Then again he said Hudson was going to QPR the day before he came to to us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Then again he said Hudson was going to QPR the day before he came to to us.
    And that Iwelumo was signed, when he went to Wolves the next day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Oh no I just remembered Fletcher's a Parky and Pardew fave. On account of that I hope we never sign him.

I think that it was Mrs Fletcher that was a favourite of Pardew not Carl, allegedly....
  • Options
    HaHa forgot about that!

Those boardroom/bedrooms? Most have learnt a thing or two from Howard Kendall.

Shame he didn't try it on with Tevez's girl. Wonder what would have happened to Pards then?
  • Options
    Please let this be true - a Scowie and Burton 'strike force' would be hilarious!

I would imagine,though, that Fletch might actually do you some good. He's tidy enough, can't be any worse than what you have at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has been denied by both Managers. Please do try to keep up Matt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]This has been denied by both Managers. Please do try to keep up Matt

Be reasonable Dan, for Matt it was quite a quick response.
  • Options
    Don't you find it hilarious that you can't even sign Scowie & Fletch?

What next? An audiacious move for Barry Hayles crumbles because he wants to sign for a club with 'ambition'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Don't you find it hilarious that you can't even sign Scowie & Fletch?

What next? An audiacious move for Barry Hayles crumbles because he wants to sign for a club with 'ambition'?

Sorry Dan, I spoke too soon. Normal service resumed.
  • Options
    'Cant' sign them or there was no truth in it in the 1st place? Come on Matt! I know youre not that bright but honestly....
  • Options
    Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.

Bit harsh on Addickted.net. What have they done to deserve Matt Come all over himself I ask you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]'Cant' sign them or there was no truth in it in the 1st place? Come on Matt! I know youre not that bright but honestly....[/quote]

Of course there was no interest. Denials in papers always are true. Didn't your board deny that Zabeel weren't pulling out of the deal to buy you? That happened, didn't it?

From what I have heard from the Palace side, you couldn't meet the payment terms required, or to put it another way, suggested your own terms which weren't acceptable to CPFC. There was a conversation between the two clubs about the players, make no mistake.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.[/quote]

Bit harsh on Addickted.net. What have they done to deserve Matt Come all over himself I ask you.[/quote]

A fantastic quote from the chief Clown. When did you stop writing sonnets Henry and start the name calling?

At least try to up your game a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.

Bit harsh on Addickted.net. What have they done to deserve Matt Come all over himself I ask you.

Can take so much from Pratt Himself, but he really is a pratt and would fit in well with some of the numptys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    No they denied they were buying West Ham instead, which was true.... But why let a bit of spin get in the way of you covering your own stupidity eh? Of course there was Matt! I suppose SJ told you himself. Even if what you say is true it wouldnt be the 1st time a club pulled out of a deal because the payment terms werent agreed on would it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

Can take so much from Pratt Himself, but he really is a pratt and would fit in well with some of the numptys.

True it would be a fitting level of debate for our Matt, "this" "no, this" Brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.[/quote]

Bit harsh on Addickted.net. What have they done to deserve Matt Come all over himself I ask you.[/quote]

Can take so much from Pratt Himself, but he really is a pratt and would fit in well with some of the numptys.[/quote]

I think I'll stay here - I class this as the 'intelligent' forum for the thinking 'Charlton' fan (Goonerhater excepted) which comprises a pool of around 25 Charlton fans.

However, I wouldn't class being called 'intelligent' Charlton fans as a feat - most Charlton-people I have met have difficulty using chairs and have the physical improbability of having chips on both shoulders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]

I think I'll stay here - I class this as the 'intelligent' forum for the thinking 'Charlton' fan (Goonerhater excepted) which comprises a pool of around 25 Charlton fans.

However, I wouldn't class being called 'intelligent' Charlton fans as a feat - most Charlton-people I have met have difficulty using chairs and have the physical improbability of having chips on both shoulders.

Well done, only 4 spelling/typos in that last effort. Quite good for you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]No they denied they were buying West Ham instead, which was true.... But why let a bit of spin get in the way of you covering your own stupidity eh? Of course there was Matt! I suppose SJ told you himself.[/quote]

Ah, the Charlton court jester!

Sadly, I am not on first name terms with SJ, my sources are connected to scouting operation at Palace. It would appear that you can't afford a downpayment payment of GBP 200,000. Shame. However, all your seasoned pros and more 'masterful' free transfers like Hudson will keep you up, won't they?
  • Options
    Very very silly.On all sides, to be honest.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Piss off Pratt. Go to Addickted.net for unintelligent conversation.[/quote]

Can take so much from Pratt Himself, but he really is a pratt and would fit in well with some of the numptys.[/quote]

However, I wouldn't class being called 'intelligent' Charlton fans as a feat - most Charlton-people I have met have difficulty using chairs and have the physical improbability of having chips on both shoulders.[/quote]

Well done, only 4 spelling/typos in that last effort. Quite good for you.[/quote]

Nice one. The old spelling/typo cuss. Last bastion of the self-righteous but intellectually bankrupt.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Very very silly.On all sides, to be honest.[/quote]

The first post I agree with.
  • Options

Well done, only 4 spelling/typos in that last effort. Quite good for you.

Nice one. The old spelling/typo cuss. Last bastion of the self-righteous but intellectually bankrupt.

no, just pointing out that you made four typing error and 7 factual errors. Go on count them
  • Options
    take the childish stuff to other sites please gents, ta.