Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What did you do differently last night?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Just looking at Smudge's P.I.S.S post there seems to be a few things that people did differently last night such as iansarge being in The Oak, Programmes bought for the first time in a while....

So what did you do differently that you'll now be doing for every home game?

Me - Wore my Charlton badge on my work overcoat. It'll be attending every game from now on.

Comments

• Options
    I found an irish penny in my loose change. these are not even in circulation anymore. So i decided it was a sign of good luck and that i would keep it in my pocket as it woudl spur reid on to score.

but i dropped it as i pulled something out of my pocket so cant.
  • Options
    I ordered two pints of Guinness when i finally got served in The Royal Joke to save me waiting another 20 minutes for the next one.
  • Options
    i sat with latimer and ms latimer in the north west corner, allowing the geezer i sit with to take his g'f to the game on her visit from barcelona. think she's gone back today, so need to think of how to get her back for another game soon!
  • Options
    starting drinking obscenely early.................shall be keeping that tradition up now ;-)
  • Options
    I took my glasses off just before we scored - the goal was a blur but I'm convinced it wouldn't have happened otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I also wore a new jumper after my pink one that was lucky for us at bolton, chesterfield and everton was dumped in the wash basket for a few months after saturday

the mince pies were also from tescos, and not co-op or marks and spencers.
  • Options
    Didnt arrive @ til 7.45? Ate a KFC on the way up? Went to the Oak?
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    first time i havent had a half time hot(?) pie at an evening game for as long as i can remember and stayed in my seat through the whole of half time.
  • Options
    Had two pints at half time!

Don't think I can keep that up though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i sat with latimer and ms latimer in the north west corner, allowing the geezer i sit with to take his g'f to the game on her visit from barcelona. think she's gone back today, so need to think of how to get her back for another game soon!

That was why I heard singing on my side of the North Stand!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumped into CharltonDan on the train and he gave me and Dowman a can of Stella to share. So Dan a couple of cans next time and we will win 2-0 ;-)
  • Options
    i walked into the Oak, waited 2 mins and still 3 deep at the bar, so walked straight out again.

Not looking forward to doing that again, time to find a new boozer.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Instead of my normal coffee before the match I went to the Oak- (bought two pints as couldn't be bothered to queue twice- heaving)

Good to meet a couple mre "lifers"

Not sure my liver will stand this too regularly though!
  • Options
    aye dan. i dont go down before the game anymore on saturdays. not worth the agg, my front room is more comfy with better views and the beer is cheaper. it was okay in there at 6pm but gave up about 7.20 and went to the ground.
  • Options
    The Oak seems to have got a bit better on Saturday's but is still dire midweek. I had to wait ages to get served last night and was absolutely fuming. I wouldn't mind if the staff were capable of serving the punters in some sort of order. But you either get lucky or are left to wait for eons.
  • Options
    Wore jeans instead of combats, left the missus at home, sat in a different seat, had nothing to eat or drink at the ground, didn't do a bet and took my scarf.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]aye dan. i dont go down before the game anymore on saturdays.

B, please explain.............. :o)
  • Options
    eh, what happened to my quote then, why's it not highlighted and stuff ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Bumped into CharltonDan on the train and he gave me and Dowman a can of Stella to share. So Dan a couple of cans next time and we will win 2-0 ;-)

Could become expensive, but if Charlton win everytime Im happy to "take one for the team"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]eh, what happened to my quote then, why's it not highlighted and stuff ??

Have you clicked BBCode at the bottom of the window?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No cheers Dan.
  • Options
    Reverted to last year's white away top, haven't seen us win when wearing the new red one
  • Options
    Wore Curbs old Purple Charlton Rugby top, dragged a Gooner mate along for the first time this season, let him pick the new 'lucky' turnstile we went through.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    i'm in Toronto, we now have a 100% winning record while i have been in Toronto

I'll still be here on Saturday

we will beat Spurs - FACT
  • Options
    Wore a new jumper, and a green t-shirt I bought at the World Cup for the first time at The Valley. They might be going with me to White Hart Lane...
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I had a pre match w***.

In the Oak ;)
  • Options
    Addickted - Where on earth did that comment come from!!
  • Options
    who was it yesterday who was hoping for a pre-match 'bj' and did they get it ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Addickted - Where on earth did that comment come from!!

I don't know.

I'm sorry - I don't know what came over me.
  • Options
    We haven't lost at home since the banners went up...