Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Randolph

Comments

• Options
    Both are decent, but I've always thought he was better than Rob Elliott

He's played an awful lot more games too, Rob has played a grand total of 68 games for Newcastle in 9 seasons, he'll potentially be due a testimonial next season!
  • Options
    Both are decent, but I've always thought he was better than Rob Elliott

He's played an awful lot more games too, Rob has played a grand total of 68 games for Newcastle in 9 seasons, he'll potentially be due a testimonial next season!
    A perfect example for @golfaddick the power of money over playing.
  • Options
    Preffered Elliot at the time.  A real shame he gave up playing to be a career sub but would welcome him back if Phillips left in the summer (I hope he doesn't but he will be being watched I imagine ) 
  • Options
    The irony is that Randolph left us because he wanted first team football when Elliot, who was favoured by the Manager at the time, wasn't really bothered about playing after all - it's now over two years since he put his shirt on in anger
  • Options
    Potentially not good...
  • Options
    Fabianski having a bit of a mare at Anfield. Looks like he's just done a Charlie Wright to make it 2-2.
  • Options
    The irony is that Randolph left us because he wanted first team football when Elliot, who was favoured by the Manager at the time, wasn't really bothered about playing after all - it's now over two years since he put his shirt on in anger
    Yep, it's all about the dough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So are both Elliott and Randolph sitting on the bench....??  Criminal if so, esp Randolph as imo he was probably the best keeper in the Championship before his move. How he is being kept out by Fabianski is one of the great mysteries of all time.
  • Options
    Rob Elliott has played 54 games in NINE seasons at Newcastle - incredible really and he has not played a single game in the last two seasons.

Nice work if you can get it but it's incredible to think that a guy of 34 may not play first team football ever again - and yet could still retire as a multi-millionaire.
  • Options
    Rob Elliott has played 54 games in NINE seasons at Newcastle - incredible really and he has not played a single game in the last two seasons.

Nice work if you can get it but it's incredible to think that a guy of 34 may not play first team football ever again - and yet could still retire as a multi-millionaire.
    December 17th 2017 was his last game in League or Cup

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/rob-elliot-i-fell-out-love-football-681103?amp
  • Options

will
  • Options

96 games for us, 55 for Newcastle.  Crazy to think after all his time there he played for us almost double the number of games.
  • Options

will
    Depends how he spends it

• Options

96 games for us, 55 for Newcastle.  Crazy to think after all his time there he played for us almost double the number of games.
    Yep he should never have got that many for us , Randy much the better keeper
  • Options
    I think Rob Elliot is a good keeper, given a chance somewhere else could still do a good job.
  • Options
    I think Rob Elliot is a good keeper, given a chance somewhere else could still do a good job.
    Finding a good keeper who does not mind being the number 2 is not easy. He is good where he is.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Finding a good keeper who does not mind being the number 2 is not easy. He is good where he is.
    He isn't no. 2 though - he is no. 3 behind Dubrvka and Darlow. Should either of those leave during the summer, Newcastle will get another keeper in and he will still be no. 3

I could be as good doing that job for half the money - and I haven't played for over 30 years!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Harper was famously the Newcastle back up keeper for 20 years, but managed 199 appearances in that time. Rob has got a while to go on both fronts!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Elliott's kryptonite was moderately struck low shots from outside the box. Too often he couldn't get down quick enough and we conceded soft goals. His reaction saves on the other hand were very good.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

i understand, (and this is 3rd hand) that he is investing wisely, has no issues with not playing, has a fantastic lifestyle and will see out his contract a very happy person with no intention of coming back south. Of course this could all be 3rd hand bollocks and he may be up to his knees in prostitutes and cocaine - either way, good luck to him.
    Think that article I posted where he says he fell out of love with the game says otherwise
  • Options
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

i understand, (and this is 3rd hand) that he is investing wisely, has no issues with not playing, has a fantastic lifestyle and will see out his contract a very happy person with no intention of coming back south. Of course this could all be 3rd hand bollocks and he may be up to his knees in prostitutes and cocaine - either way, good luck to him.
    Think that artie I posted where he says he fell out of love with the game says otherwise
    Cheers, I hadn't read that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

Think that article I posted where he says he fell out of love with the game says otherwise
    Well he can't be that bothered about not playing, or else he would have left, whether permanently or on loan

He might say he'd like to play more, but actions speak louder than words
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

Well he can't be that bothered about not playing, or else he would have left, whether permanently or on loan

He is under contract until the summer, if the club dont want to sell himt they wont sell him its simple.

He cant force the club to sell him?

Its not even like he is a Pgba type player with player power, be interesting to see what he does when his contract is over
  • Options
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

He is under contract until the summer, if the club dont want to sell himt they wont sell him its simple.

Its not even like he is a Pgba type player with player power, be interesting to see what he does when his contract is over
    But as he has less than 6 months left of his contract he can start negotiating his next move now
  • Options
    Scoham said:

will
    Depends how he spends it

Ha...

Clueless.

Likewise when a contract came to an end he could have moved elsewhere.  He's stayed for the wedge, pure and simple.
  • Options
    Potentially not good...
    Probably best not to link to it, but if you search Darren Randolph in Twitter you'll see something potentially related to why he's not playing...