Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£46 for Arsenal (incorrect, actually £32)

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
i]i]That is so shocking it is worth its own thread.

(Didn't we charge something like that at The Valley a couple of years ago?!)

Comments

• Options
    I won't be going.

Hope all those that want Charlton to become a 'super club' support this game, because that is what they will be paying every week....
  • Options
    Well that's me out then. I had rearranged something so I could go, but bollox to that. I want be giving those rejects a bullseye FFS!
  • Options
    £46 what a joke
  • Options
    price list again

so ill post the price list again. which section is the away supporters and are we cat b?
  • Options
    we're definitely a category B game. anybody know where the away fans sit? the only area they charge £46 for B games is the goal upper. there's 3 areas in the lower that are £32 for B, £46 for A.
  • Options
    got a freebee in one of the boxes for this.
  • Options
    Arsenal ticket prices to home fans:

Cat A Cat B
    Centre Upper £94 £66
    Centre Upper Back £70 £49
    Next To Centre Upper £70 £49
    Next To Centre Upper Back £61 £43
    Wing Upper £60 £42
    Wing Upper Back £55 £38
    Corner Upper £60 £42
    Goal Upper £66 £46
    Goal Upper Back £55 £38

Centre Lower £51 £35
    Wing Lower £46 £32
    Corner Lower £46 £32
    Goal Lower £46 £32

Do you really want that ????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I won't be going.

Hope all those that want Charlton to become a 'super club' support this game, because that is what they will be paying every week....

so you'd ratrher pay £20 to watch Hull?
  • Options
    me personally, yes.

Going to football is part of a day for me. A day to get out, see a few people i wouldn't normally, have a shout and a joke in public, hopefully cheering Charlton on to victory.

The opposition is largely irrelevent to me, i never focus on them and never properly watch the match like one i watch on the telly.

Normally the actual game is the worst part of the day. I'll pay my money like everyone else, but if it meant my home seat was £50-£70, like the bulk of those at Arsenal, then you won't be seeing me know more.

Charlton is an important part of my life, but not one i'm prepared to pay that for.
  • Options
    "so you'd ratrher pay £20 to watch Hull? "

Yes because I can justify that expense and we would have a chance of winning.

I cannot justify £46 and we will most probably get stuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's not even the "consolation" of watching some "Henry magic" as he'll be out injured.

At £35 I'd go. At £40 I'd think about out. £46 is just taking the pith.
  • Options
    Actually it looks as if it will be £32 for us if we are Cat B.

How can they justify £14 difference between us and say West Ham?
  • Options
    supply and demand,west ham would fill it.
  • Options
    I'd already decided that I wouldn't be going when they moved the game to the Tuesday night however, I would have probably paid the £46 had the game been played on New Years Day.
  • Options
    Well excuse me for being stupid but away fans at Emirates are lower tier in the corner so is it not £32 then? To those that have not been well worth it, fantastic stadium although the sound does seem to dis-sapate into the night sky as the Roofs are not huge.
  • Options
    How can they justify £14 difference between us and say West Ham?

Because we'll take 1,000 fans, and struggle to fill our allowance, but West Ham will take 2,000.
  • Options
    The away end I think you'll find is in two sections totalling 5,500 tickets.
  • Options
    Difference between Cat A and B for centre upper is £28!!!

How can anyone pay £94 to watch a football match?

Well apart from me when im drunk at an England match :)
  • Options
    Reading that we're definitely category B so our game will be £32 so panic over
  • Options
    well i was always going really..... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't it get moved for sky out of interest?
  • Options

ah, but perhaps you're missing the point...once the sp's become established, all the big tv and sponsorship money will go their way (forget the pl, fa, uefa and fifa trying to call the shots and trying to filter money down, the sp's, tv and sponsors will) and the rest of the clubs will get crumbs...how much do you think your charlton ticket would cost if we weren't getting the £20-£25m quid bung from sky and sponsors that comes our way now ?...it wasn't that long ago that we were all giving forest a hard time over the £25 'waste of money' they were charging and got charged by us...now £25 is lower end of the scale and inflation (and wages) haven't gone up that rapidly in the meantime...
  • Options
    In The prog last nite, Arse tkts likely on sale this week £32. Further details follow.

2,912 places. If it proves to be any more I'm sure the club will honour the
    published price.
  • Options
    £32 - that's fair enough - shocking prices they charge in general though, as listed by ASKA above.
  • Options
    2,912 places ?? Thought we got nearer 6,000. At £32 it'll be well supported and the VG flask taking blanket wearing brigade will be out in force.
  • Options
    They should give priority to those that have done a few away games including at least one of Newcastle, Chesterfield, Wigan or Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    3,000 will be fine. Evening game will put off a few family types. Everyone who wants a ticket should get one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]

ah, but perhaps you're missing the point...once the sp's become established, all the big tv and sponsorship money will go their way (forget the pl, fa, uefa and fifa trying to call the shots and trying to filter money down, the sp's, tv and sponsors will) and the rest of the clubs will get crumbs...how much do you think your charlton ticket would cost if we weren't getting the £20-£25m quid bung from sky and sponsors that comes our way now ?...it wasn't that long ago that we were all giving forest a hard time over the £25 'waste of money' they were charging and got charged by us...now £25 is lower end of the scale and inflation (and wages) haven't gone up that rapidly in the meantime...

Good point that ltgtr.

I still won't be going, I'm still pissed of that the games been moved!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]3,000 will be fine. Evening game will put off a few family types. Everyone who wants a ticket should get one.

will hold you to that.

for £32, i'm in.
  • Options
    not the point though. We are getting less at their gaff than they do at ours and yet their capacity is at least double. Plus we should get offered the same as everyone else (unless we were and the club shortsightedly refused them)