Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the palace game

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Come on guys!!!

First time ive been on here for a few days...was expecting at least a few more of you to be up for this.

Can not wait to wipe the smiles of the palace, they already think theyve got 3 points, lets show them who is number one!!!

Edit to say, before anyone asks no ive not had a drink today. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Cant believe anybody would be worrying about the nigels....I wouldnt miss it if it meant walking from Shithouse park to the Valley in a full Charlton kit.

:-)

Here Here!

Took my boy to the ground last season just before kick off, I didn't go to the game, when I walked back I walked straight into about 20-30 of them giving it large on the corner by the kebab shop, started laughing at them and waving at some pals on the other side of the road, mugs to a man, our Liason coppers face was a picture when he saw standing in the middle of them laughing my nuts off.
    Their so called firm are cowards, no balls when confronted and pick on smaller groups.

....and if they'd attacked you, you would have been on here the next day saying how a gang of them attacked you, when you were doing nothing.
    So is your point it's fine to attack someone just for laughing as you hurl abuse at them? WTF is going on these days?

Dazzler as a Palace fan, I'm just pointing out, they'll be ridiculed if they don't do anything and villified if they'd attacked him. What reaction do you think DA9 was after, if it indeed happened?
  • Options
    Ive no reason whatsoever to disbelieve DA9 Budgie. Just let it go, youre playing with fire......we have seen enough keyboard warriors of late, we really dont need your two penneth worth. Go tweet on your own forums...You arent welcome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Put it to the test on Tuesday then eh Budgie?

Put what to the test Tel?

I'll be there cheering my team on, hoping for 3 points and see Palace climb back up towards the playoffs.
  • Options
    Tel, I'm certainly no keyboard warrior, and whenever I've come on here, I've never attempted to wind anyone up, and always tried to be friendly. There are several Charlton fans who visit the Palace bbs and are very friendly and welcolmed, and when I visit this site, I try to give an alternative view, without trying to antagonise anyone.
  • Options
    DA9 was pointing out that they were giiving it all the mouth even though he was on his own? And he is only talking about their firm not all the fans.

Of course they will be riddiculed for being gobby a group on one man?

but they will also be villified for attacking fans.

All they have to do is walk by quietly - sorted save the abuse for during the game and save the fisticuffs for when it absolutely has to be used.

I respect you though for your honesty about not trying to wind people up and always trying to be friendly.

(There is no need to not respect budgie just because he's a palace fan and i may have answered harshly)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Lets be honest. Whatever the outcome they STILL wont have the satisfaction of actually relegating us like we did with them. The fact they're desperately trying to concoct that they have something to do with our situation over the past 3 years with that hilarious Agent Dowie, Pards, Hudson etc just demonstrates just how much it hurts. Even if they wont admit to it...

So come Tuesday 10pm, whatever the outcome, we'll still have something they'll never have...[/quote]

If I'm honest, we were doomed from the moment Higginbotham scored a 94th min equaliser in the previous game which would of sent WBA down and not us.

It did hurt though, but we are very much loving your situation and especially the fact you've been so quiet lately Dan. Still, we've never seen you on our boards when the going gets tough...
  • Options
    Altogether now...."la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la, WE SENT THE PALACE DOWN!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]Altogether now...."la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la, WE SENT THE PALACE DOWN!"

nice one,cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeeeee roooooollllllllllllllllllllssssssssss
  • Options
    As much as it was amusing at the time, I think the fact that we've kept up the whole 'Sha_la_la_la_la_la_la_la_...' thing since we too have been relegated makes it inevitable that it's going to be thrown back in our faces on Tuesday.

Personally, I wouldn't blame the Palace fans for doing it - we've been dining out on that result for a few years while we've been going backwards everywhere else. We'll just have to get on with it and match them for noise and atmosphere.

I'm more concerned now that the players put in a performance that shows there's still a spark left in our season. We were poor at Selhurst, and if they can't show an improvement for this home game above any other than we really will have had it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did it for me was the season at Shithurst when we all sang " we`ll never play you again" Thought at the time it might come back and haunt us. It has and how !
  • Options
    Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-sssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]What did it for me was the season at Shithurst when we all sang " we`ll never play you again" Thought at the time it might come back and haunt us. It has and how !

it was a lot of fun at the time though wasn't it?!

whatever they do on tuesday.... it was worth it.
  • Options
    It was worth it. Anyway. We might win on tuesday ! Common you reds
  • Options
    Well now its next up. Lets put all the crap behind us and get behind the team whoever that may be and Phil Parkinson and cheer the lads on to victory. This is vitally important......COMMON
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Right ---- Ledge is gonna be there to see the start of our winnign run.

it's miserable old gits fault -
  • Options
    Budgie, my point was, I happened into this "firm" by mistake, purely chance, and with my size and the way I look (people on here will back me on this) I clearly was not a shrinking violet, they knew who I was, or what I was, and when I started laughing at their abuse of others, not one of them had a word to say, however, they saved and continued their outbursts for 16 year old Charlton fans standing over the other side of the metal railings by the kebab shop, with a line of police in front of them, how very brave.

I am sure if I was a spotty young teenager on my own stood in the middle of them they would not have thought twice about attacking me, cowards to a man.

I have no issue with you lot singing at our demise tomorrow night if you beat us, we have done it you before and we would do it again, thats rivalry and football.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]As much as it was amusing at the time, I think the fact that we've kept up the whole 'Sha_la_la_la_la_la_la_la_...' thing since we too have been relegated makes it inevitable that it's going to be thrown back in our faces on Tuesday.

Personally, I wouldn't blame the Palace fans for doing it - we've been dining out on that result for a few years while we've been going backwards everywhere else. We'll just have to get on with it and match them for noise and atmosphere.

I'm more concerned now that the players put in a performance that shows there's still a spark left in our season. We were poor at Selhurst, and if they can't show an improvement for this home game above any other than we really will have had it.

Well said, we will be "giving the biggun" so to speak. However, we all know in 5 years or so it'll probably be roles reversed and you'll get a chance to give it back! That's just the way it unfortunately goes being a Palace or Charlton fan.
  • Options
    it'll be longer than that churley;-(
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it'll be longer than that churley;-([/quote]

Have a little faith mortimer, I don't think anyone expected it to be only 4 years for us to finally be the better side after our relegation in 05.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Right ---- Ledge is gonna be there to see the start of our winnign run.

it's miserable old gits fault -[/quote]

I know ! Everything is my fault.

"Win or lose, on the booze,
    But if we draw, then drink some more !".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Budgie, my point was, I happened into this "firm" by mistake, purely chance, and with my size and the way I look (people on here will back me on this) I clearly was not a shrinking violet, they knew who I was, or what I was, and when I started laughing at their abuse of others, not one of them had a word to say, however, they saved and continued their outbursts for 16 year old Charlton fans standing over the other side of the metal railings by the kebab shop, with a line of police in front of them, how very brave.

I am sure if I was a spotty young teenager on my own stood in the middle of them they would not have thought twice about attacking me, cowards to a man.

I have no issue with you lot singing at our demise tomorrow night if you beat us, we have done it you before and we would do it again, thats rivalry and football.

DA9 sorry to doubt you mate, and as you say if you had been a spotty teenager , then it may well have been different, but as I'm sure you'd acknowledge, every club has them.

I just hope tomorrow goes off without any incident, and we can all enjoy a good game (hopefully with Palace winning, as I'm sure you all recognise we need the points more, to get back into the playoff pack).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Budgie, my point was, I happened into this "firm" by mistake, purely chance, and with my size and the way I look (people on here will back me on this) I clearly was not a shrinking violet, they knew who I was, or what I was, and when I started laughing at their abuse of others, not one of them had a word to say, however, they saved and continued their outbursts for 16 year old Charlton fans standing over the other side of the metal railings by the kebab shop, with a line of police in front of them, how very brave.

DA9 sorry to doubt you mate, and as you say if you had been a spotty teenager , then it may well have been different, but as I'm sure you'd acknowledge, every club has them.

I just hope tomorrow goes off without any incident, and we can all enjoy a good game (hopefully with Palace winning, as I'm sure you all recognise we need the points more, to get back into the playoff pack).

Duly recognised....not :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    This is the same argument we hear all the time Churley. I understand the desire to distance yourselves from being relegated at The Valley, I'm sure we'd try this argument if the tables had been turned, but the facts are that your relegation was no confirmed until the final whistle at The Valley. Had you won. You would have stayed up. The fact most of your fans try to argue otherwise just makes it even funnier....Rather like Palace fans pretending they don't care about CAFC just cos you think it'll get up our noses....

Now, now Churley. You know me better than that…..Its only banter so there's no link to our current predicament and my absence……Besides we've been shit for 18mths…..My pesky IT dept took on a post Xmas purge of "social forums and message boards". I can only get on here by using an overly complicated route of using a proxy server and going to the CL home page and then onto the forums, rather than having it bookmarked straight to this page. For some reason it doesn't pick up as that the home page is a web forum, but does for BBS.

Besides it was all getting a bit monotonous on there. Once Heb went (even he was getting a bit dull) it was solely populated with retard name calling 15yr olds, who would struggle to beat Karen Matthews in a game of scrabble.

Hope you and yours get home safely tomorrow and there is no stupidity from either side.....