Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky's post-match comments

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Don't know what he said about Dicko - Or Elliot, who seems to be taking blame for both goals.

But this from Kent Online:

-------------
"Though we lost, I feel a lot better than I did this time last week," said Parkinson.

"We competed, we got stuck in and did all the things we didn't do at Hillsborough a week ago.

"I think we deserved a draw and I was deeply disappointed that we didn't get a penalty in second half stoppage time.

"What I want us to do now is take that level of performance into Tuesday's derby with Crystal Palace.

"Win that and I believe we'll get lift-off."
---------------

I think the interesting thing about that is his comment about taking that ''level of performance'' into Tuesday night's game.

So will he take the same side that battled so well today into the game? Or will it be Saores, Murty and Spring et al as he rings another half a dozen changes?

Comments

• Options
    Quite frankly.Who knows !
  • Options
    OK, here'smore , including the Dicko stuff...

"Today we responded in the right manner and I though the subs today helped us with Andy [Gray] and Chris [Dickson] looking sharp. So there were plenty of positives to take out of the game.

"It was a good finish from young Chris. He is a lad we signed from non-league and has been patiently waiting for a chance.

"He's come on today and scored a good goalscorers' goal. He almost got the ball before it hit the back of net and ran off to the halfway line, that's how determined he was to score another goal.

"I'm pleased for Chris. He's worked hard in training and waited for a chance. The more performances he puts in like that that better chances he'll have of starting a game.”

The boss added: "I know we are going to create things going forward but we have to be strong and resilient at the back in midfield.

"Robbie [Elliot] said the first one deflected off Yassin's foot and just looped over him. I don't think it's fair to criticise him; he's done well for us.

"The second goal killed us. I said after the game we're giving away too many free-kicks all over the pitch. Our back four have got to stay on their feet and not lunge in and give fouls away on the edge of our own box.

"We've conceded a lot of goals like that from free-kicks.”
  • Options
    another Parkinson defeat in my eyes.
  • Options
    So Dickson won`t start till he does that super sub thing a few more times.
  • Options
    "the more performances he puts in like that the better chance he gets of starting a game"

1 up front V Palarse and it aint Dickenson
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I liked the bit about Dicko ''working hard and waiting for his chance" when he's actually so pissed off waiting that he's put in a transfer request!

And spot on, SHG. Hadn't noticed that, but Pardky is actually stating quite categorically that he will not start on Tues, isn't he?
  • Options
    too much 'agenda analysing' is going on for my liking.
  • Options
    Whats that AFKA.....
  • Options
    Yes FFS give him a break --- FFS anyone would think he is a total twat ! hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
  • Options
    Why?

It's not agenda analysing - it's there in black and white:

Pardky says of Dicko : "The more performances he puts in like that that better chances he'll have of starting a game.” ie , he is saying categorically that Dickson has to do that a few more times from the bench in order even to have a chance of starting a game!

I missed that when I first read it, but SHG and Goonerhater were spot on to pick up on it, IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mind you i did see the "green shoots of recovery" .
  • Options
    The fact is Tuesday we're at home, 451 doesn't work for us, Palace have conceded 8 in 2 games and we have to go for it. So he simply HAS to play 2 up front. Dickson and Burton for me. Gray doesn't do enough and won't be here next season.
  • Options
    Agree Chris
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Why?

Pardky says of Dicko : "The more performances he puts in like that that better chances he'll have of starting a game.” ie , he is saying categorically that Dickson has to do that a few more times from the bench in order even to have a chance of starting a game!

I missed that when I first read it, but SHG and Goonerhater were spot on to pick up on it, IMO.[/quote]

Unfortunately, GH et al are right - reading those comments, Dickson won't start on Tuesday ......

WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!?!

Who on earth thinks he shouldn't start - barring, Phil, Phil, Super Phil ?...
  • Options
    The UK econamy and our come back are just round the corner.

We are better placed than anyone else to fight this.

Talking us down got us into this

Religation is a global problem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Why?

But its not a considered piece though, or should be treated as fact. He's got a microphone thrust under his chin 20 mins after a game. Hardly a time for reflected thought.

Can think of a dozen things Parky has done wrong, but scrutinising his every word in the immediate aftermath of a match is a bit much for me when things can so easily be taken out of context or said without consideration.
  • Options
    If he's going to make comments on the bloke and his career like that like "without consideration" , it confirms my view he shouldn't be our manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The fact is Tuesday we're at home, 451 doesn't work for us, Palace have conceded 8 in 2 games and we have to go for it. So he simply HAS to play 2 up front. Dickson and Burton for me. Gray doesn't do enough and won't be here next season.

Parky please do NOT play 4-5-1 on Tuesday,i will not be a happy bunny if you do
  • Options
    Sorry AFKA. It wasn`t me or GH or nigel that said it.........It was Parkinson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Sorry AFKA. It wasn`t me or GH or nigel that said it.........It was Parkinson.

I know he said it. What i'm saying is you are all nit-picking in a very anal way. What you're saying should be said after Tuesday if that's how you feel and Dickson doesn't start.

And if you really want to scrutinise it, then there is nothing actually in what he said to state categorically that he won't be starting on Tuesday. Which is probably because 20 mins after a game, without knowing who has a knock etc, he probably hasn't a clue what team will be put out on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sincerely hope we don't play 4 5 1 on tuesday. Can Parky be so nieve not to realise that the more pressure we put on their defence, the less pressure our defence has to deal with. We've got to stop letting in so many goals, and being a lot more lively up front will help that.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    He could easily have said without promising anything : "Chris Dickson did exactly what we asked of him today and although I haven't made any decisions yet about the team for Tuesday, he's given himself a chance of figuring in my plans.''

He could have said that but he chose not to. Why? Because he still has no intention of starting Dickson v Palace. Prove us wrong, Mr Pardky, please...
  • Options
    Again sorry AFKA but thats blox. I think it captured what Parkinson and Pardew before him actually feel about Dickson Why you are able to second guess his comments and I cannot is also very impressive.
  • Options
    Sorry AFKA but considered opinion is never one of my hugely strong pointsas you know, but where Parky is concerned i dont think i WILL give him a chance at all OK old chap ? as in my opinin the man is f**kin shit lucky to be the manager of my footie club when he was Pardews number two--- YES THATS NUMBER TWO and then wins one game in f**K knows how long, plays one or none up front at home + tells me players care more.

ooooooooo dear ooooooooooooooo dear so im a tad pissed off with ANYTHING the guy says.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    And while we are all being so 'anal', there's something else Pardky says that's actually very positive about Dickson - he credits him with working very hard in training.

So let's hear no more about how he's got an attitude problem or doesn't impress Mon-Fri at Sparrows Lane. Pardky is now on the record saing that isn't true. Or do we think that might also have been said "without consideration"?
  • Options
    But the thing is, would any of you give a toss about him talking crap in press conferences if we were winning? In the end, what he says in them is pretty much irrelevant, it's what happens on the pitch that counts, so if it irritates you so much, then don't listen to / read his comments.
  • Options
    such clarity of thinking. I didn`t think of that.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    But surely, Aliw, it's when we're losing that we really want and need to hear what he says.

If we're winning, you are absolutely right - who cares what he says ? 'I thought we did really well today and deserved the three points' ... fascinating. Not.

When we lose (for the eigth time in the 13 games he's been in charge), we want to know why he thinks we lost and what he can do to put it right.

So with all due respect, Aliw, I'm not quite sure what point you're making when you say don't read his comments. It's only in these circs. that his comments have any real interest or significance, isn't it?
  • Options
    Even if none of our strikers are ideal, surely it's always more benefical to play faster ones. The best chance we would have of staying up would have been McLeod and Dickson. Obviously it won't happen now as Parky doesn't like either and one is away on loan.

The only advantage to playing "static" strikers up front is if they score regularly and ours don't.
  • Options
    Have to say I agree totally with AFKA. There's not much point trying to read too much into what the bloke says straight after a game. He was basically saying well done to Dickson & keep up the hard work. He won't have given much thought to Tuesday's team at all yet, so trying to 2nd guess the team from one throw away remark is just plain ridiculous. IMHO of course.