Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greg Halford

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see his reaction, was too busy eyeing up the 25 stone northern T'lass that was getting stick from us walking up and down in front of the away end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Halford's response may well have been crass and classless, especially in times like these, but it never ceases to amaze me that fans feel they have the right to abuse players with almost no limit and then whinge like hell when the player gives it back to them.

If you can't take it back then you should not dish it out.

Granted, if a player initiates an exchange with fans and goads them then that is different but if you have a crack at someone and they give it back to you then you just have to get on with it.

I do not and did not abuse him with no limit , there was no swearing involved for a start and I can take what I give as I have already put but it was the nature of the response which made me so angry .

I have no more to add on this as despite what I put I still keep getting accused of "not being able to take it back"
  • Options
    Buckshee - I am sure some would change their minds if Halford did it to them.
    Enjoy Tuesday.
  • Options
    My posts Buckshee, were, as I tried to point out(and got slagged off again for), were NOT about you FFS!
    Why do you have such a persecution complex?
    You started a debate and others added to it, I cannot see anyone having a go at you personally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]My posts Buckshee, were, as I tried to point out(and got slagged off again for), were NOT about you FFS!
    Why do you have such a persecution complex?
    You started a debate and others added to it, I cannot see anyone having a go at you personally.

Correct Chirpy...your post was of course (as always), all about YOU!
  • Options
    maybe,Halford's gestures were not in the best taste,however maybe it was more than the stick he rec'd on Saturday IMO he was made a scapegoat when he came to us on loan last year,he scored a couple of goals and wasn't as bad as people are making out.In hindsoght our current problems started after xmas last year and have continued ever since not his fault as many people wanted to make out at the time.He got dogs abuse last season and that probably stuck in the throat for him and may have been in his mnid at the time.Thats my take on it and i will let you get back to your arguments now ;-)
  • Options
    We have to be able to take it as well as give it.

To be honest, there are so many footballers that are thick as s**t, and therefore the money aspect of it is the only thing they come back with. It's easy, and they know it'll wind the fans up.

We're the mugs for paying it in the first place ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Didn't see his reaction, was too busy eyeing up the 25 stone northern T'lass that was getting stick from us walking up and down in front of the away end.

which one? there were about 10 women that walked past and got stick. one of them stuck their fingers up too!!!!!

I thought it was hilarious the Halford thing. Must add that there was no swearing involved directed at him, just a big of niggly ribbing which was geting to him cos he did a rubbish cross. I loved sitting so close cos the players could hear what was being shouted and you could tell they could hear as they looked round a lot. that defender also got some stick cos of his elbows (morgan?) our players also reacted to the positive comments we were shouting at them.

I think it was personally fair game for Halford to do that - why the hell not, he didn't jump into the crowd and give a karate kick, he didn't swear, he just tried to wind us up back - which he did! he essentially won cos we're talking about it 2 days later and they got the win. ho hum. it was certainly more fun than boo'ing - buckshee was certainly more creative and it was hilarious what was being said to him and the elbow fella - and there was no horrible sweary abuse, it was just about him only being good at throw-ins.
  • Options
    He's still going to Rehab
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He's still going to Rehab
    He can afford it with all that cash!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what's he in rehab for??
    gambling , drugs, drink , sex ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]what's he in rehab for??
    gambling , drugs, drink , sex ?

Curbs addiction.

;o)
  • Options
    yep going thru the same thing myself oggy, i saw len down the clinic too and sailorbrowneye ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep going thru the same thing myself oggy, i saw len down the clinic too and sailorbrowneye ;-)

LOL!