Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bullard denies money was behind Hull move

Yeah, right!!!!

They have given him 45K per week on a FOUR AND A HALF YEAR deal.

That's the small matter of 10.5 million quid (pre-tax) over the term of the deal.

That is a very scary commitment from Hull, if they go down this year or next he might decided to hang around unless they pay him off as he won't get that sort of deal elsewhere.

Feckin hell, can you believe HULL are paying someone 45K per week?

Comments

• Options
    Hull = The new Fulham.
  • Options
    No, but the Premiership continues to defy what's happening in the real world. Quite incredible.
  • Options
    They probably have had the sense to insert a relegation clause into his contract like we used to do when Curbs was our manager.
  • Options
    Hull = the old Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]They probably have had the sense to insert a relegation clause into his contract like we used to do when Curbs was our manager.
    Marcus Bent didn't have one for starters
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]They probably have had the sense to insert a relegation clause into his contract like we used to do when Curbs was our manager.

I doubt it Len, he probably would not have taken the deal if they wanted to put that clause in there,
    they have offered him 45k per week for the next five years and he will have wanted that guaranteed before he agreed to the deal.
  • Options
    Fair play to him. If Hull are stupid enough to pay him that then why wouldn't he take it?
  • Options
    If he plays the majority of games well it's a sound investment on Hull's behalf. May just get them a top 10 finish.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]If he plays the majority of games well it's a sound investment on Hull's behalf. May just get them a top 10 finish.

No, that's not right at all.

The problem with this deal is that all of Hull's best established players (the ones they want to keep) are going to DEMAND parity with Bullard or at least get very close to his wages for their next contract - that's a massive financial commitment for Hull.

In addition, lets say they move next for someone like Nicky Shorey or Stephen Hunt, the player/agent is going to say, "You gave Bullard 45K per week, why won't you give that to us?"

It sets a very dangerous precedent for the club, Hull cannot have their core players on 15K per week and Bullard on 45K, that is never going to work.

Oh, and by the way, Jimmy Bullard is 31 years old this year.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Fair play to him. If Hull are stupid enough to pay him that then why wouldn't he take it?

Even I'd move to Hull for double the wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    Marcus Bent didn't have one for starters

I'm pretty sure he did actually.

That said even with it he was still one of our highest paid players after relegation.

Hull are paying a dangerous game if they don't have one for Bullard.
  • Options
    But we don't know the details of Bullards contract.

He's evidently seen as mortar to cement Hull's place in the Prem ..... and secure their gravy train for one more year at least.

Although they've struggled lately, 3 wins and 3 draws should be enough - especially if the points are taken from relegation strugglers.

If Bullard helps the team achieve that, it'll be deemed money well spent.
    And currently being only 6 points above the drop zone, there's no guarantee.

That's the gamble.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But we don't know the details of Bullards contract.

He's evidently seen as mortar to cement Hull's place in the Prem ..... and secure their gravy train for one more year at least.

Although they've struggled lately, 3 wins and 3 draws should be enough - especially if the points are taken from relegation strugglers.

If Bullard helps the team achieve that, it'll be deemed money well spent.
    And currently being only 6 points above the drop zone, there's no guarantee.

That's the gamble.

But is it a gamble or a risk. If only some posters could explain to me the difference, with suitable examples from other industries.

: - )
  • Options
    The insurance people won't risk it.

And the gamblers are all in rehab, Henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The insurance people won't risk it.

And the gamblers are all in rehab, Henry.

I see.

In any case maybe he was on MORE at Fulham and has taken a pay cut to go to Hull.
  • Options
    relegation clauses??

:)))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]relegation clauses??

:)))

Santa Clauses, more like.

o)
  • Options
    Look who's turning up to the party!

Great stuff, it's like watching a train crash!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][url=[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8112170.stm[/url]]Look who's turning up to the party![/url]

Great stuff, it's like watching a train crash![/quote]

Could be the most expensive treatment room in the country
  • Options
    It's only cRock 'n'Roll.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Hull = The new Fulham.

Or Hull are the new Bradford. When they survived their first season in the premiership, didn't they pay Carbone that amount? And look what happened to them!!!
  • Options
    Read yesterday they are looking to offer owen a deal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]Read yesterday they are looking to offer owen a deal!

I believe that they are trying to make it a "pay-as-you-play" deal.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Think back to when we signed Murphy and Jeffers they cost us £5 million and i remember being totaly chuffed we had go em. Bullard and Owen ? any More of a risk to Hull ? and i bet their fans are just as excited.

ahhhh excitement ------------ahhhh signing players that other clubs actually wanted -------------a life time ago.
  • Options
    15-jimmy-bullard.jpg

jiimmy_280x390_569570a.jpg

i like the bloke, good luck to him he went to erith school where a couple of my mates went so fair play to the lad.
  • Options
    most of the hull players dislike phil brown and think he's a cock
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]most of the hull players dislike phil brown and think he's a cock

Never...

Hulls-manager-Phil-Brown--001.jpg
  • Options
    I think Hull and Burnley will be relegated by a country mile next season. I can't see either of them stand a realistic of chance of staying up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]most of the hull players dislike phil brown and think he's a cock

At least 2 of the Hull players have had falling outs with Brown and will only talk to him when it's totally necessary.
  • Options
    Obviously he went there for the quality of the football, the size of the club etc, why would there be any doubt about that??