Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess The Crowd For Tuesday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wat a guess, and I must say I wasn't there myself as I have 2 A Level exams in the next 3 days, typical that we finally win when I can't get there, but hey the result is wat counts and lets make sure we carry our form ont Turf Moor and get another 3 on saturday!!!

Well done boys!!!
  • Options
    that must be the smallest home league 'attendance' for a long time considering how packed the away end was
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    Apparently others do it, but in our case the genuine attendance versus tickets sold, is so far different

So how does that difference compare to other clubs in this league. What were the differences for the other CCC games last night?

Of course we don't know. All we see is Club X 13,567. We don't know if there were exactly that many or only 9, 402 in the ground.

The club are using the same method as everyone else. Palace had an attendance of 13k last year but had 9k in the ground. Every CCC club will see a drop in actual bums on seats for midweek games because of school age children, work commitments, travel distances.

Really don't see why this is such an issue other than another stick to beat the club with. Let's just enjoy a win for once.
  • Options
    Henry, i don't wish to beat the club with a stick, nor do i wish to be a party pooper. Especially not after last evening.
    I have written directly to the club on this issue. They trot out the same line as you 'everyone does it'
    So i suggested instead of announcing 'tonights/todays attendance' (which if you look in the Oxford dictionary, means persons present) they should announce 'tickets sold' Yes! i know it doesn't have quite the same ring to it, but it would be true.
    Did you manage to see any shots of the ground last night? By virtue of No.1 son's Sky TV package, i did. Not easy to see much, but over the Sky reporter's shoulder, a whole block in the West stand was, well! sparsley populated.
    I've been reading other blogs this morning the (lack) of crowd was noted by most of the authors.
    For all the wrong reasons our club is somewhat in the spotlight. It's my view this issue damages us.

Great victory yesterday, it sounded a bit like the type of victory i've been hoping for. A sort of hard fought, backs to the wall type of win. I hope it spurs (ugh) the team on. Even if we still go down, let's do it fighting!
  • Options
    Definitely the lowest league crowd since we increased capacity. The east and west looked well empty. I'd be surprised if 'actual' people there was more than 17k.
    However i don't think that's bad seeing as we're bottom. Birmingham got just over 15k last night and they're chasing promotion.
  • Options
    Very poor IMO

East looked bad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Henry, i don't wish to beat the club with a stick, nor do i wish to be a party pooper. Especially not after last evening.
    I have written directly to the club on this issue. They trot out the same line as you 'everyone does it'
    So i suggested instead of announcing 'tonights/todays attendance' (which if you look in the Oxford dictionary, means persons present) they should announce 'tickets sold' Yes! i know it doesn't have quite the same ring to it, but it would be true.
    Did you manage to see any shots of the ground last night? By virtue of No.1 son's Sky TV package, i did. Not easy to see much, but over the Sky reporter's shoulder, a whole block in the West stand was, well! sparsley populated.
    I've been reading other blogs this morning the (lack) of crowd was noted by most of the authors.
    For all the wrong reasons our club is somewhat in the spotlight. It's my view this issue damages us.

Great victory yesterday, it sounded a bit like the type of victory i've been hoping for. A sort of hard fought, backs to the wall type of win. I hope it spurs (ugh) the team on. Even if we still go down, let's do it fighting!

You wrote to the club re this issue...FFS Daggs...did you mention the pot holes as well?
  • Options
    Yup! and i wrote to 'em about the pissy beer and poxy pasties!!
    Now tell me more about these potholes
  • Options
    I wish people would get overt this actual v official attendence thing, I've lost count of the number of times Henry has posted the facts on here. Get over it people - I, like everyone else was v.v disappointed with our showing last night and i also know it was nowt like the official number.

I'm just pleased I was there and to those who couldn't be bothered...hahaha