Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palace - Tues 27th Jan - Match Thread, Poll, Your Teams & Views

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Got back a few minutes ago.

We defended well, although thankfully they were pretty poor in and around our penalty area.

It certainly wasn't pretty, but hopefully it will be the start of the good run we so desperately need.

I see Burton got praise from the commentators, but I thought Bailey was our man of the match.

Onwards and upwards...
  • Options
    Now we desperately need to get three points up at Burnley, if we can get a little roll on then we give ourselves a chance.

It now looks like Dickson is going to play a much larger role for us given his current form, I'd be very tempted to start him with Burton and see how it works.

If he can nick us a sneaky goal here and there then we can try and hang on for a few more wins, we can't expect the midfielders to score all the goals.

If Dickson starts and then scores we can always take him off to protect a lead later on in the game, there is no sense continually bringing him on when we are 1-0 or 2-0 down as we have previously.

He might be raw but he looks like he has a little bit more about him than our other options.
  • Options
    When was our last clean sheet in the league?

As we are a bit goal shy the defence is going to have to come through far more often if are going to beat relegation.
  • Options
    Rob Elliott's first ever Charlton clean sheet in fact, Mr Black Forest.
  • Options
    Really gritty performance from the entire team. Palace huffed & puffed but we defended valiantly, especially after the blow of losing Fortune and having Murty limping around also.
    Hard to pick a MOM, but thought Hudson was excellent. Hopefully Youga will gain in confidence from his performance too.

Very tense, but a good atmosphere generated by both sets of fans. Total relief at the end from players and fans alike. Both will sleep well tonight.
  • Options
    So happy just got back Elliott commanded the box well and Youga wasn't terrible strikers need to go on holiday to get to know eachother better but ya know what 3 points so i dont care well taken by springy!