Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well you should of played it on a Saturday Police !!!

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33664

and not when commuters are trying to get home aswell. Jes !!!

Comments

• Options
    Chief insp Jim Little said: "We're expecting in excess of 15,000 people to attend the match..."

Well done jim, its pretty bleeding obvious it's going to be over 15,000 if he'd bothered to look at our normal attendence.

I'm sure he's worth his six figure salary.
  • Options
    If it's such a problem game why don't they play it early Saturday or Sunday. Instead of a busy worknight
  • Options
    exactly bigredevil add the traffic aswell. fun for Kent and Essex car users to get to The Valley evening time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]Chief insp Jim Little said: "We're expecting in excess of 15,000 people to attend the match..."

Well done jim, its pretty bleeding obvious it's going to be over 15,000 if he'd bothered to look at our normal attendence.

Most coppers often don't give the impression of being particularly bright.

Except those who are CL posters, officer...... (!)
    ;o)
  • Options
    Jim Little, any relation to John?
  • Options
    crazy decsion
  • Options
    or Stuart?
  • Options
    PC Jim ... hmmmmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If it's such a problem game why don't they play it early Saturday or Sunday. Instead of a busy worknight

Exactly. I've yet to hear a good reason why this game is being played on a Tuesday night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]PC Jim ... hmmmmm

"He came down the covered end and......"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just about to post on this.

CAFC shouldn't be lecturing us on "staggering journeys" when they're the ones who moved evening kick-offs to 7.45pm.

Idiots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If it's such a problem game why don't they play it early Saturday or Sunday. Instead of a busy worknight

Exactly. I've yet to hear a good reason why this game is being played on a Tuesday night.

Not saying it is a good reason but the Police view is that playing games in the evening stops the "high risk" groups meeting up much later in another part of town as could be the case if it was an early kick off on Saturday/Sunday. Weekend games also mean they fear the "high risk" going up to town when they are fans of other clubs around.

The police admitted that Friday was no good as it meant people going on the pish all PM and aggro at London Bridge.

As I said that was the Police's view last year.
  • Options
    Wonder what they'd be saying if we were playing a big team like what we usedto. Still no probs next year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I was just about to post on this.

CAFC shouldn't be lecturing us on "staggering journeys" when they're the ones who moved evening kick-offs to 7.45pm.

Idiots.

because they got so many complaints from those who didn't want matches at 8pm because of the issues getting home afterwards.

they can't win either way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

... much to his surprise ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I was just about to post on this.

Idiots.

Why do you always stick up for the club Suzi, isn't that my job ; - )

Inspector, it does say that the it's the British Transport Police asking fans to stagger journeys rather than the "idiots" at the club. Then they go onto say don't drink too much.

So do they want us to stagger or not? I'm confused.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

He heard a mighty BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    "Supporters are also urged to be considerate of other commuters and to not overindulge in alcohol."

Can we over indulge in the Oak once we get to charlton sir? i hope to anyway... if i can get served.
  • Options
    If they had played it on a Saturday I could go!!!!
  • Options
    It may well be a BTP statement but the club are carrying it on their website.

Anyhow, from the good officer's statement, the match will kick-off at 7.45pm regardless of anything, so let's hope Palace's team bus breaks down somewhere in Catford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]It may well be a BTP statement but the club are carrying it on their website.

Anyhow, from the good officer's statement, the match will kick-off at 7.45pm regardless of anything, so let's hope Palace's team bus breaks down somewhere in Catford.

What would you know about how hard it is to run a news website : - )

I do hope their bus breaks down and they don't turn up to half time. With luck we'll have held it to O-0 until then ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

wow - the words have changed ;-)
  • Options

wow - the words have changed ;-)

Got to keep up with the times, you know : -)
  • Options
    And whats all that about staggering your journeys, dont drink to much, and they are now asking us to sing a chorus of "Onward Christian soldiers" and refrain from sex before marriage, shocking stuff from the OS.

Mind how you go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]"Supporters are also urged to be considerate of other commuters and to not overindulge in alcohol."

Can we over indulge in the Oak once we get to charlton sir? i hope to anyway... if i can get served.

I'm going in at 5.05pm, I'm hoping to have a glass of wine by 6.30pm. I know I know - rose tinted glasses on again!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]It may well be a BTP statement but the club are carrying it on their website.

What would you know about how hard it is to run a news website : - )

I do hope their bus breaks down and they don't turn up to half time. With luck we'll have held it to O-0 until then ; - )

Well we're bound to win the toss, meaning we choose ends, and then have to wait for palace to kick off...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]Chief insp Jim Little said: "We're expecting in excess of 15,000 people to attend the match..."

I suspect he doing what everyone else does and taking our published attandances with a pinch of salt.......

Although I hope to see all seats occupied tomorrow!!
  • Options
    A dirty little skinhead .................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]A dirty little skinhead .................

ahhh, that sounds more familiar :-)

... but not so politically correct lol
  • Options
    and what does aformentioned folicly challenged unwashed individual say?