Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One swallow doth not a summer make.

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
However, it certainly sends the temperatue gauge up a few degrees.
Dare we begin to dream...dare we?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]However, it certainly sends the temperatue gauge up a few degrees.
    Dare we begin to dream...dare we?

Why not? Southampton are in disarray and Norwich not much better. If we win a couple more games then the pressure is on those teams. It's likely to be three from four though...
  • Options
    Watch Derby and Plymouth Argyle, both obviously keen to join the party.

There might be other nose-dive teams who dare to emulate our season yet.
    Let's make them welcome.

;o)

But it's in our own hands really, we have to take the points especially from our rivals.
  • Options
    Given a 3 point for a win system and a display of real balls as delivered tonight then it has to be deemed possible. We should not set ourselves 51 point targets right now but work at cutting the gap between us and Southampton down, then to overhall the next target and so forth. 2 wins and a couple of bad results for those above us and suddenly the teams above are looking over shoulders. Burnley up next.........
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You can only play one game at a time, so your target is ...... just 3 points.

And now the team finally know that's attainable.
  • Options
    True and after Burnley just a couple of points from the saints!(hope hope)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]True and after Burnley just a couple of points from the saints!(hope hope)

A couple of points from the Saints, Pilch....?

Is that one or 3?

;o)
  • Options
    Sorry Og I meant 2 points adrift from the saints ! (either that or I thoght it was two points for a win stil!) ;0)
  • Options
    sorry to spoil your party chaps, but if we continue to play like that we'd be lucky to get 3 points by the end of he season.

2 strikers with no idea of where the goal 1s and a winger (Sam) who runs horizontally across the pitch.

on another day we would have lost the game 2-1 like we have done man times this season.

Until we start with Dickson we will continue being c**p
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wahay, Mr Happy has arrived late at the party !!

Someone give him a hat, a bit of cake and a party popper.

And then tell him to FOOK RIGHT OFF

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]sorry to spoil your party chaps, but if we continue to play like that we'd be lucky to get 3 points by the end of he season.

2 strikers with no idea of where the goal 1s and a winger (Sam) who runs horizontally across the pitch.

on another day we would have lost the game 2-1 like we have done man times this season.

You may well be right, Golfie.
    But just for once, we want to enjoy the moment.

It's been a long time coming. And against Palarse too, even sweeter.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make you bang on Golfie, I thought tonight was one of our poorer performances during this run-we played lots better and created more chances against the likes of Derby and Forest. Happy that our first victory came against Palace but I still think we'll back down to earth with a bump come Saturday.
  • Options
    but we always beat Palace, esp at home.

they are nothing.

If we beat either Burnley or Bristol City next week then I will celebrate and you lot can say "told you so", until then ........

(and don't say " but they are 2 tough away games - a point at either would be good" as Donny have shown that they can -win at a ground where we have just been beat 2-1 and 3 -1 within a matter of weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]Make you bang on Golfie, I thought tonight was one of our poorer performances during this run-we played lots better and created more chances against the likes of Derby and Forest. Happy that our first victory came against Palace but I still think we'll back down to earth with a bump come Saturday.

Thank Christ i'm not still sitting next to u or i'd have had the razor blades out ages ago! ;0)
  • Options
    what hand g said , we were lucky to beat a shit team tonight too many times we've failed to do that ....
    unfortunately i think we've run out of crap teams to play against...
    for all the joy the result gave it's where we finish at the end of the season that matters and we're gonna be bottom 3;-(
    but if we get 6 points from the next 2 away fixtures we may be back in it...burnley lost their last 5 league games ....
  • Options
    What did people expect tonight?

Most a loss.

Whenever we was finally going to break this record, it wasn't going to be pretty. No 3/4 nil win, but it would be tight, tense and we would have our backs against the walls.

But we got the win, which is all that matters.
  • Options
    Do you know what Mart, I surprise myself sometimes with how negative I feel about Charlton at the moment. I stand by it though, I genuinely thought we were pretty poor tonight and the fact that it was Palace we beat ain't going to change that. If we sit back for that long against most other Championship sides, they'll score a hatful.

On a more positive note, Graeme Murty is my hero.
  • Options
    I think we should arrange for Golfie, HandG and OooohAaaaarrrrgh! to sit next to each other at the match - and then they can moan away together when we win.

;o)
  • Options
    I think we deserved that win. We played reasonably well (although towards the end of the first half we invited too much pressure onto the back four) and should have had a last minute goal to kill them off. I know it's easy to say now but I had a feeling we would win tonight. Mind you, I've had that feeling 19 times before to no avail.
  • Options
    can't see a win in the next two ;-(
  • Options
    I expected backs against the wall but not for 70 minutes.

If Parkinson doesn't start Dickson on Saturday he deserves to be shot because the lack of pace up front leaves us so short on options when we're trying to get the ball away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be perfectly honest I actually felt physically sick when the final whistle went. I can't remember the last time I've felt so stressed.
  • Options
    I'm happy that we've won but I also look at the league and see that we're still eight points from safety so if we don't get a result on Saturday it means jack.

If we put in a decent performance at Burnley and get at least a draw, then maybe my optimism will increase but if we defend as deep as we did tonight, we'll lose.
  • Options
    Great to win, but will mean nothing if we do not stay up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]can't see a win in the next two ;-(

But then I don't suppose you could have foreseen a win tonight, either ....?

;o)
  • Options
    Congrats lads - you've managed to turn this thread into a slit your wrists party ...... and on a night that we won !

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]can't see a win in the next two ;-(

But then I don't suppose you could have foreseen a win tonight, either ....?

;o)
    correct oggy and i couldn't foresee a win in the previous 18 league games as well ;-(
  • Options
    My crystal ball says Charlton 1 Burnley 0 (or is it just reflecting the 1947 Fa cup score?!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]sorry to spoil your party chaps, but if we continue to play like that we'd be lucky to get 3 points by the end of he season.

But we didn't loose we won.

I know that will have upset you but at least try to understand why non manic depressives might want to enjoy it for a while.

: - )
  • Options
    Golfie, your first name isn't Pat by any chance?
  • Options
    What a bunch of ****s on this thread - unbelievable comments. Arseholes to you.