Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One swallow doth not a summer make.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Golfie, your first name isn't Pat by any chance?

BTW, was that deliberate playing Seven Nation Army at half time BDL.

And what was that film theme you played at the end ; - )
  • Options
    No of course it doesn't but the daffs are getting excited, a result against Burnley and they might start to bloom early, who knows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Had no idea "they" had adopted it so it sunk quicker than a Charlie Block post.

And that was a special request from Parky - Who I had a chat with before the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

Had no idea "they" had adopted it so it sunk quicker than a Charlie Block post.

I noticed that there was a sudden announcement about some radio show.

[cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

And that was a special request from Parky - Who I had a chat with before the game.

Name dropper : - ) What did he say if you can tell us?
  • Options
    Twenty-four hours of euphoria is welcome and permissable.

Then tomorrow on the training ground - and I guess for the rest of us , too - it's back to the harsh reality of the struggle ahead. It's a measure of the mountain we have to climb that we win for the first time in almost four months, and it does nothing to reduce how far adrift we are from the safety of 21st palce.

We now have to go on a run of wins, as Parky promised we would after he got the first one.

And it will have to be lengthy and sustained. We can win the next three games and still be in the drop zone because, as we saw last night, the other teams down there and just above are not going to stand idly by and allow us to play catch up. Their future is at stake, too, and they're all going to be looking to raise their game over the final three months. To stand a chance, we have to make sure we raise ours higher than the rest because we are starting the final lap so far behind ...
  • Options
    It was a pure comedy moment when we realised that they were singing it. Dan Davis suggested that we play it so I'm blaming him!

Name dropper : - ) What did he say if you can tell us?

Secret, but I did tell him that Ebbsfleet United have some decent players
  • Options
    What Off it said, you miserable shower of s**tes
  • Options
    Unbelievable some of the posts in this thread....give it a break FFS....let's have a day or two to be happy...even if we are still staring down the barrel.
    Coming away from The Valley last night there were smiling faces and a glimmer of hope...trust those doom merchants (encouraged by their leader golfie) to pizz on the fireworks!
  • Options
    to be fair to them we were pony last night in spits and spats we were very Nervy and i think that transmitted back to the fans.

I however dont care that we were not very good we won and that is all that matters i have woke up today like a teenager who just got his first bunk up the smile on my boat is huge.

Golfie,Handg we have played far better in games that we have lost last night we were poor against poor opposition, but the run is over, none of us know how hard th winless streak has affected the players pshycy i for one know that i have not been able to see where the next 3 points would come from, now they are here all we can do is take that into the next game and the players may just get the extra yard of speed and space the extra bite in the tackle the little bit of good fortune in the area.

who knows i dont but if i were Burnley i would not want to be playing us on saturday
  • Options
    Not our greatest performance it's true but the collective spirit was there...the desire to win was evident in that side last night...and that has been missing for game after game....and THAT'S why a lot of us went home happy.
    The techy stuff and improved 'individual' performances can wait...what we need first and foremost in our position is character....and we showed it last night and it was that that got us the victory and that which made the fans happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players played for the shirt last night.

That was the difference.
  • Options
    A win is a win is a win. Sod the performance, winning dirty and toughing out a 1-0 is as statisfying for me as a flowing 4-0 win