Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++++++Charlton v Palace - Post match views+++++++++

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Stick em all in this one please

Oh and

FOOKIN YES !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    It almost feels worth it that our first win is against the scum, but the fact remains that realistically we r still 8 points from safety as Derby hav a game in hand, this should now give the team confidence, but we must not get careless, we all know wat happened after our last win, 4-1 loss, we've won our first cup final, just 17 to go!!!
  • Options
    Really gritty performance from the entire team. Palace huffed & puffed but we defended valiantly, especially after the blow of losing Fortune and having Murty limping around also.
    Hard to pick a MOM, but thought Hudson was excellent. Hopefully Youga will gain in confidence from his performance too.

Very tense, but a good atmosphere generated by both sets of fans. Total relief at the end from players and fans alike. Both will sleep well tonight.
  • Options
    What was the score...?

and who against .....?
  • Options
    We were shit and it didnt matter we beat those stripey mugs and lets wait til the end of the season stripeys to see who is larfing now
  • Options
    i think shit is a complete exaggeration. The tenseness of the situation meant the 2nd half become a very nervy affair.

I would rather highlight some massive, determined performances than just saying 'we were shit'.

Love to know how many yards Nicky Bailey covered tonight, and thought Hudson, Fortune and Holland dealt brilliantly against Hoofball Rovers.
  • Options
    Hudson, Fortune & Bailey were excellent tonight. Ok it wasn't the best performance ever but so fing what, 3 points in the bag and beating that shower to boot. I am happy tonight. Whatever happens the rest of the season is for another time...lets just wallow in the win.
  • Options
    Fair doos boss shit is harsh but at times mate we just couldnt keep the ball for more than 2 passes

we were not very good but they were shit and couldnt beat a team with no confidence and a cluess attack.

Must say though i forgot how good a win feels

Nicky Bailey was MOTM by a country mile i would love to see how good Soares can be because he really didnt want to be playing them tonight.

I thought Burton tried hard all night but Gray and Burton together wont get us many goals, we have played far better and lost this season
  • Options
    Anyone know the extent of Fortune's injury? thought he was great at the back tonight, won a lot of headers..... Holland did well when he came on to replace but I would rather have Jon there for the next few (what are now) massive games.
  • Options
    We won and we weren't perfect. But so what, what a relief ....?

So just for once we can give credit for what we did right, and especially for those who ran through brick walls for the cause.
    Especially those who've received a lot of stick this season - players like Burton, Bailey and maybe even Youga.

And also for the loan player out there who got clobbered, carried on with gritted teeth and a never say die attitude - and gave 100% for 95 minutes.
  • Options
    Murty took a fecking booting all night long and still hung on in there.

Matty Spring did well lets just see what a win in the league does for confidence cos the players certainly must have been feeling as low as some of us it cant feel to good to be a loser for so long
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit is really not called for, this was a really tense game and having not won at home for ages just increases the pressure,add palace to the mix with the fans expectations and the 3 points gives us all a lift and hope for survival.

Thought burton worked his socks off,did really well due some credit al last.

I hope we can stay up, well done to everyone tonight.
  • Options
    think we need to win at Burnley for the confidence to return...it would prove it was no one off...so just praying for a lucky, scrappy 1-0 and then who nows...
  • Options
    2 wins in 4 games now, if we're looking at stats, lol
  • Options
    Lovely goal and lots of hard work from Matt Spring in the middle. Needed it as Bailey was well off the pace and Carle was starting to run the show.

They all worked hard, they all fought and they all did their jobs even Bailey who never hid. Gray wasn't brilliant either but Dickson. That was the first time I've thought "yeah, he's got something". Bench were screaming at him to make the run behind the defence but what a trick on the touch line.

Holland looked very good at CH. A revelation, youga didn't make any silly error, Soares got better as the game went on, Elliot was strong and didn't have that much to do as the three headed chances they had went wide or straight at him.

We wobbled a bit when they put the subs on and Fortune went off but we stood our ground and held on.

MOTM though goes to Deon Burton. Little service or link up play until Dickson came on. Worked and worked and worked and then worked again. And there was some skill and a little bit of nous you expect from an old pro.

So pleased for Parky. It starts again on Saturday but for a few days I'm going to enjoy it.

PS The Ref was good wasn't he.
  • Options
    We were shit, we will still go down, but at the moment I couldn't give a fuck!
  • Options
    agreed, ref was a discrase!, lino was no better! where did he get 5 mins from? those 5 mins went on forever aswell didnt they!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo109[/cite]Anyone know the extent of Fortune's injury? thought he was great at the back tonight, won a lot of headers.....

Ruptured Achilies apparently. So bare bones in CB position for definate now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo109[/cite]Anyone know the extent of Fortune's injury? thought he was great at the back tonight, won a lot of headers.....

SHIT!
  • Options
    bollox we def need a ch in and soon
  • Options
    ref was abysmal had about 20 around me singing Attwell is a cnut!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he was very very poor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo109[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]

SHIT!

If Forts really has ruptured his Achillies tendon, he is going to be out a long, long time.
    That's a nasty injury.
  • Options
    I had to get the train back to London after the match and the Palace fans were chanting Doncaster. That really sums them up.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Forts really has ruptured his Achillies tendon, he is going to be out a long, long time.
    That's a nasty injury.

It's what Parks has said on post match interview on OS.
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmm gritty match was tense final 75 minutes, against betta teams we would have been severely beaten for sitting so far back, but it was more about gettin that win than a performance.

Elliot - 7 - another good performance, looked asured and shows great passion
    Youga - 7 - Good performance, kept his head and concentration for almost 90 min
    Murty - 6 - alright, nothin special but defends well
    Hudson - 8 - Solid display
    Fortune - 6 - hope he's not picked up a serious injury
    Soares - 6 - Indifferent, seems like he was holding back when gettin in good positions, great dribler of the ball thou, good in the tackle aswel
    Bailey - 8 - Back to the begining of the season performance, committed tried to drive us forward
    Sam - 6 - Quiet game from sam but good to see how much he has improved this season
    Spring - 7 - good goal, think could be a good signing, committed seems have good partnership with bailey
    Gray - 1 - Useless, worst performance I have seen from him, how he's in the team I will never know
    Burton - 5 - Not from lack of heart or tryin but he has close to zero ability/pace/composure infront of goal
    Holland - 6 - Held it together at the end, but made several key mistakes, he's not a CB
    Dickinson - 6 - looked lively but didn't see much of the ball so late in the game, should deff start thou, looks lively, his pace will scare defenders

After thinking bout it, we didn't make many mistakes, and the team got what it needed a win but Parky was awful substitutions were badly timed, never understand why we don't strenghten when we're in the assention and not wait until 70 odd min when we start running out of steam/ideas

He should have made changes earlier how gray and burton stayed on the pitch so long is beyond me, they offer nothing upfront and just invite presure on to the rest of the team having to make up for it, its like we only play with 10 men at most.
  • Options
    Respect is due to Graeme Murty, just the kind of bollox required in this battle.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    Gray - 1 - Useless, worst performance I have seen from him, how he's in the team I will never know

Completely unfair he won the ball at the front a few times and tried to pass to where burton should have been running into - it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Quote from OS

He (Warnock) added: "I think Charlton should be disgusted with themselves. If they'd put that sort of effort in for Alan Pardew they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

"They're all big earners and they should look themselves in the mirror after the sort of effort they put in tonight. They don't play Crystal Palace every week."

Nice to see we've upset him. Well done lads, a tough battle but you did it. Really sorry for Fortune.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    quote]

Completely unfair he won the ball at the front a few times and tried to pass to where burton should have been running into - it didn't happen.

Thats what the 1 was for
  • Options
    Warnock can fook off right now he reckons we timewasted all night as well he is a proper Wanker