Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson - "No way Chris Dickson is going to Gillingham"

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I wonder whether Dickson would have ever made a start in a Curbishley team?

Of absolutely no relevance now but I personally dont think he would.

Clive Mendonca hardly covered every blade of grass....

Curbs would have told Kish or somebody of that ilk to cover like he used to for Murphy alternatively he'd have played him with Bartlett who DID cober every blade of grass.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Amen to the bigging up of Burton for his effort last night and much as I still believe Gray has ability, he clearly has no intent of using it for our club.

I thought all the midfield put in a decent shift too. Would have put Jonjo and Dicko on for that last 15 for Burton and Gray though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]i think parkys problem is we really didn't need Burton (his first 'purchase') this has ego politics bullshit stamped all over it.[/quote]

But it's happened so gotta get on with it. Compare Burton's performance tonight with Grays............[/quote]

Think it is a bit unfair to compare Burton & Grey last night, they clearly had different roles, Grey was almost playing the link up role between midfield and Burton who was much further up the pitch. Whilst Grey did not shine and it was by no means his best game for us i thought when he was taken off & Dicko came on the work rate dropped quite substantially and a lot more pressure on the defence. That is no critisism of Dicko as i thought he did well, just a different sort of player.

IMO I would give Burton & Dicko a run up front but just thought the critisism of Grey last night was a bit misplaced.
  • Options
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=55979

Mentions Wayne Brown aswell