Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock gracious in defeat

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
From the OS

Eagles manager Neil Warnock believed his side should have tested Charlton's defence more, stating: "I thought we had more shots on goal than them. They only had one opportunity.

"We need a bit of quality which I'm hoping to get in before the deadline. We're a bit predictable at times. I thought we had loads of opportunities to get crosses in but wanted to play six passes. But that's life.

"We let them get a grip and they got a goal. Then it was a lesson in time wasting and I think they should have added on 15 minutes at the end."

He added: "I think Charlton should be disgusted with themselves. If they'd put that sort of effort in for Alan Pardew they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

"They're all big earners and they should look themselves in the mirror after the sort of effort they put in tonight. They don't play Crystal Palace every week."

Comments

• Options
    Conviently forgetting that 4/11 were'nt even here under Pardew and a 5th, elliot wasn't getting a look in. The tw@t
  • Options
    Colin Wanker- Nuff said...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] They don't play Crystal Palace every week."

Shame that.
  • Options
    wish we did!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin W[/cite]We're a bit predictable at times. I thought we had loads of opportunities to get crosses in but wanted to play six passes. But that's life.

Another reason I'd never want to be a Palace fan, if tonight was them apparently playing too many passes, I'd hate to see them when they go direct!
  • Options
    He also shook the hand of every Charlton player when they came off the field.

Quite what he said who knows?
  • Options
    sounds like he wants to manage us cos he knows we shouldn't be down where we are... go get him muzzza!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sounds like he wants to manage us cos he knows we shouldn't be down where we are... go get him muzzza!!

Now that would piss off the orange one, lol
  • Options
    excellent Ooh aah!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]He added: "I think Charlton should be disgusted with themselves. If they'd put that sort of effort in for Alan Pardew they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

"They're all big earners and they should look themselves in the mirror after the sort of effort they put in tonight. They don't play Crystal Palace every week."

There is more fact than fiction in that statement. Let's see if they can raise their games again on Saturday and Tuesday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]There is more fact than fiction in that statement. Let's see if they can raise their games again on Saturday and Tuesday night.

I agree.
  • Options
    He is right in what he is saying but he should look to put his own house in order before he starts putting ours to rights.

I don't mind being lectured by a Fergie or Wenger but I do draw the line at Colin Wanker - even though I actually quite like him.
  • Options
    I agree with everything he said about our team. He's just brave enough to say it - knowing he'll get flack - it's nothing more than 99% of us have been saying for 3 months now.

I respect the man - it pains me to say it, but he tells it as it is. Always.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I agree with everything he said about our team. He's just brave enough to say it - knowing he'll get flack - it's nothing more than 99% of us have been saying for 3 months now.

I respect the man - it pains me to say it, but he tells it as it is. Always.

Agreed. To be honest I would to have a character like him as our boss. Wouldn't take any shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]He added: "I think Charlton should be disgusted with themselves. If they'd put that sort of effort in for Alan Pardew they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

There is more fact than fiction in that statement. Let's see if they can raise their games again on Saturday and Tuesday night.

I have to say I agree with Warnock, I said the same yesterday before the game when someone on here asked about whats their best motivation, their professional pride should be enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sounds like he wants to manage us cos he knows we shouldn't be down where we are... go get him muzzza!!

Careful, isn't that where all your problems began, Charlton trying to get one over on Saint Simon?
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]

I have to say I agree with Warnock, I said the same yesterday before the game when someone on here asked about whats their best motivation, their professional pride should be enough.

It's just a shame for us Palace fans, that he couldn't motivate our team into raising there game for last night.

Congratulations on the result last night, we were shite, and you were a little better.
  • Options
    Personally believe we wanted & needed it more Budgie, Yes its great to win a league game at last and even sweeter for us that it was you lot, but I wont be singing from the rooftops just yet, if we go to Burnley Saturday and get a result (I would settle for a draw) and then follow it up with a home win against Cardiff, then maybe I would start believing.

One swallow, summers, and all that, but well done the team for last night and restoring a little bit of pride and helping suffering wifes & girlfriends with us moody men (& women) :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I agree with everything he said about our team. He's just brave enough to say it - knowing he'll get flack - it's nothing more than 99% of us have been saying for 3 months now.

I respect the man - it pains me to say it, but he tells it as it is. Always.[/quote]

Spot on
  • Options
    The man's an arse - always has been.
  • Options
    not the first time Warnock has come out with that comment on other teams players . and he's bloody bang on just hate to admit it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Warnock is right
  • Options
    Maybe Warnock's done us a favour ... ?

He publicly shamed our player's attitude this season - and pointedly said that's the only reason Charlton are bottom.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Maybe Warnock's done us a favour ... ?

Hepublicly shamed our player's attitudethis season - and pointedly said that's the only reason Charlton are bottom.

It sometimes takes somebody from the outside looking in, to take real stock of a situation, a fresh pair of eyes as it were.
  • Options
    looks like fair comment to me.
  • Options
    He's only partly right, though, isn't he? If you pursue the logic of his words, he's saying that there was no problem with Pardew, our failures have been totally down to the players. And no, I can't agree with that.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    He's pointing out that all season, there has been a management problem at Charlton.

Players' attitude has been very poor during matches - therefore the players had not been playing for their manager, implying that the dressing room had been in chaos. That's a management problem.
  • Options
    Hopefully Colin's comments ring home with the players and they fight for every minute from now on, a Nigel might help us stay up
  • Options
    He's got a point, but he's got a bigger problem, cause Palace are a fantastically poor side without Ben Watson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's pointing out that all season, there has been a management problem at Charlton.

Players' attitude has been very poor during matches - therefore the players had not been playing for their manager, implying that the dressing room had been in chaos. That's a management problem.

Which rather takes us back to square one.
  • Options
    His comments are just sour grapes. After Palace's last two defeats he blamed the referee on both occasions. Therefore, he had to mouth off about something else.