Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock gracious in defeat

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Red Russ[/cite]His comments are just sour grapes. After Palace's last two defeats he blamed the referee on both occasions. Therefore, he had to mouth off about something else.

A bit of sour grapes no doubt, but I can't really argue with the sentiment.
  • Options
    A bit of sour grapes no doubt, but I can't really argue with the sentiment.[/quote]

I agree, but tell us something we don't know! We've been watching it every week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]He is right in what he is saying but he should look to put his own house in order before he starts putting ours to rights.

I don't mind being lectured by a Fergie or Wenger but I do draw the line at Colin Wanker - even though I actually quite like him.
    Agree with that, bad form and lack of class to talk about the opposition like that. He is right though!
  • Options
    There's a few on here who have met Warnock...mostly at Kent cricket matches. All of them say he's a top bloke....MOG even said that he had wanted to dislike the fella but after being in his company for a while simply found he couldn't.
  • Options
    Yes he's right that our players should be doing that every week, but at the end of the day that's not the only reason why we won, their failings played a part.

But Warnock never blames himself flor anything. A lot of the time it's the refs fault but even he couldn't bring himself to use that excuse after the refs performance.
  • Options
    Never had a problem with him from what I've seen on TV.

Don't like the way his teams play hoofball or his constant whinging about refs but lots of managers do that.

There may be some merit in what he said but he was trying to deflect attention from his own team failings but focusing on ours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Personally believe we wanted & needed it more Budgie, Yes its great to win a league game at last and even sweeter for us that it was you lot, but I wont be singing from the rooftops just yet, if we go to Burnley Saturday and get a result (I would settle for a draw) and then follow it up with a home win against Cardiff, then maybe I would start believing.

You have left out the trip to Bristol City on the Tuesday night before we start thinking of beating Cardiff!!, lets go for 3 points aginst Burnley and take a draw at Ashston Gate, come on you reds!!!
  • Options
    To me the key post on here is the second one made by Imnot Athletic. The starting eleven is being radically overhauled within obvious financial constraints. I reckon Parkys preferred starting eleven come end of Jan would be:-

Elliott

Murty
    Hudson
    Fortune/New Signing
    New Left Back

Soares
    Spring
    Bailey
    Ambrose/Shelvey

Burton
    New Striker/Dickson sub

I think that would be about 9 changes from Pardews underperforming team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Red Russ[/cite]His comments are just sour grapes. After Palace's last two defeats he blamed the referee on both occasions. Therefore, he had to mouth off about something else.

He might have done us the biggest favour we can imagine.

He pinpointed exactly what our problem has been this season.
    He publicly humiliated our players.

If that doesn't enrage them and kick start their professional pride, then nothing will.

Many thanks, Colin.
  • Options
    I think he was making a very valid comment- The REAL Andy Gray appeared last night- he even won a header and put in the most effort that I have seen from him all season! Hudson made fewer errors than normal and was even seen to gee the team up at one point- miracles upon miracles. Bailey moaned less than usual so actually played more like the player he was in his first few games for us. I do think that Soares and Spring were the difference though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The most one sided manager I hav heard, I really do hate the c***, just like Ferguson, can't face losing, fat northern monkey!!!
  • Options
    Warnock is just trying to please Palarse fans
  • Options
    I agree with his comments, he's entitled to his (correct) opinion of our underperforming players. I used to think that he always came across on TV as a sour grapes type moaner during post match interviews, but now I actually would have liked him to have been our manager.
  • Options
    I agree with Henry - don't like his longball bollocks and whinging at refs when he loses.

But, he calls it how it is a lot of the time and I respect that. There is more than a small bit of truth in what he said last night - I am not alone in hoping that it will help inspire our (Pardew era) players to pull their bloody fingers out!
  • Options
    every picture tells a story......
  • Options
    if only we played u every week u twat.
  • Options
    I dont agree with his comments.

Our performance wasnt that great, we played better against derby and only drew.

maybe he should question his own players poor performance and
    ask himself are they really playing there hearts out for him?
  • Options
    If that little outburst doesn't reek of sour grapes then I don't know what does!
  • Options
    Have to agree with Warnock if some had put it in solidly then we wouldn't be bottom right