Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    A little boy (no disrespect to anyone under 26 on here) out of his depth and doing a very poor impression of a referee. No authority and let them get away with murder.

Don't give a fcuk what Warnock said - where the hell did he get 5mins injury time from.
  • Options
    God knows what the facepage thing is about but I tell you what. He was the worst official I have seen for some time and we have had some stinkers. The linesmen were no better.

If he is the future of refereeing then we are buggered.
  • Options
    Was he the ref tonight? He was absolutely f*cking terrible. The booking of Dickson was laughable. If that was a booking then Wayne Rooney would get sent off every game.
    I see everyones favourite ref Rob Styles was popular at the Hawthorns tonight!
  • Options
    Rob Styles' lovechild.
  • Options
    I don't mind he 5 mins injury time as there were 6 sbs used (30 secs for each I belive is the standard) and there were injuries to Murty & Fortune plus some time wasing too !

BUT

Dicksons booking was a joke - so too Youga's time wasting as it took longer for Atwell to book him than it did fr Youga to take the throw.
  • Options
    Dreadful refereeing from beginning through to end. Definitely the worst ref I've seen all season. The diabolical length of time added on was the poo coloured icing on the shit cake. We got the 3 points though so bugger it.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Solly Atwell (Dellboy's shonky lawyer in only fools)more like!
  • Options
    Styles in disguise.

I've never been so pissed off with a ref after such a big win. He was a disgrace.
  • Options
    i thought he was awful both ways , he didn't favour either team
  • Options
    Incompetance isn't normally regarded as a virtue, however impartial.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say I didn't realise it was him. I though he and his assistants deserved one another in their total ineptitude! Foul after foul after foul was missed. Advantage was played where there was none. Fouls were given when advantage was requires and then the booking of Youga, after he'd thrown in the ball was ridiculous. It was a case of act first and think later.
  • Options
    To be fair to Attwell (can't believe I'm saying that!) the time added on is down to the 4th official - and that was our favourite ref from this division, Mr Singh.
  • Options
    time added on is the decision of the ref, who then passes that on to the fourth official, nothing to do with Mr Singh.
  • Options
    Really? i never knew that!
  • Options
    it used to be, might of changed now.

Ref normally indicates how long he wants to play. might have 2 watches, one which he stops everythime a player goes down and there are subs the second he keeps running, then he knows how long left to add on
  • Options
    Oi oi , no one better start on Mr Singh or they'll have me to deal with
  • Options
    The guy reporting on Sky sports even said himself he did not know where the 5 minutes come from?
  • Options
    As Golfie said i don't think 5 minutes was harsh. 6 subs plus injuries, i was expecting around 5-6 minutes anyway. But his all round performance was truly terrible. I'd love to know what rating his assessor gave him.
  • Options
    The most hilarious thing that he did was when Murty went off injured and then he wanted to take the throw.

Instead of just letting him take the throw he made him take 2 steps to come back on the pitch (to make him 'active' I presume) and then go back off it again to take the throw!

Stupid little boy.
  • Options
    I think his performance was pretty standard for what I've become accustomed to. However with regard to the Dickson booking I think he was right. Dickson was offside and gave the linesman an earful for the decision. Yellow card everytime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said to my mate that it would be at least 4 so 5 didn't surprise me too much.There were a few stoppages and subs.
  • Options
    When he booked Kelly for the throw in, should he not given the throw to them?
  • Options
    At least he was consistent all game

Shame he was awful
  • Options
    the ref failed to assert any kind of authority on the game in first half and then ended up overreacting, a boy doing a man's job in a Derby atmosphere - however how may senior refs have done the same...
  • Options
    Should be called Stuart Prattwell, IMHO.
  • Options
    I was surprised it was only 5 mins to be honest...

He's still a tosser though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]When he booked Kelly for the throw in, should he not given the throw to them?

Even though Youga actually took the throw, the referee evidently deemed the ball was not in play - otherwise he would have to halt the game and award a dropped ball, or freekick if a further offence had taken place.

The ball must be touched by another player after the throw, to be back in play.

If the ball was out of play, he cannot reverse the throw decision unless it was a foul throw.
    But he can take action against a player - which he did, belatedly.
  • Options
    5 mins injury time was fine with all the subs and injuries. Dicksons booking was fine, just because Rooney gets away with it does not mean it is right, it annoys me when players mouth off like that and I think refs should do more to stop it. BUT, every other decision made on the night was hopeless. Worst ref we have had down at the Valley for a long, long time. Completely out of his depth. The Palace players just kept going through the back of our 2 strikers time and time again and he did nothing about it. I actually thought the linesman who was down the north stand end in the second half was ok, but the other one was useless.
  • Options
    an absolute cnut of a ref..made styles look like god i thought..total shiit..shouldnt be allowed 2 ref in the whole of the football league
  • Options
    The fact that despite us revelling in the win against Palace - everyone still collectively booed him when he walked off at the end of the game should speak volumes.

Must feel awful, but you know what you're signing up for