Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuart Attwell

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63377770866#/group.php?gid=8234047534

Anyone on facebook join this group aswell!
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    yup!
  • Options
    I was told he was a total dick.....spot on with that one.Still nowhere near as bad as Rob Styles last season but give him time and i'm sure Mr Atwell will surpass him for total twatness
  • Options
    Absolutely terrible. Had no idea how to control the game early on, trying to play advantages that were not there instead of trying to impose his authority on the game.

24 hours on I still can’t decide what the worst booking was Youga or Dickson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought he was awful both ways , he didn't favour either team

About right, if anything more in Palaces favour than yours.

Timekeeping was right though, your time wasting started when Springs goal went in. ;-)
  • Options
    I agree Dicksons card was stupid on his behalf, getting carded for gobbing off is stupid now matter how frustrated you are.

Gray again was fouled non-stop without moaning to the officials, drives me up the wall and I caned the ref for every one but the players have to keep their gobs shut.

I know he is a young man starting out but this respect thing should not give a referee a blank card to act like that. Fair one Budgie I thought he was terrible both ways but purely for allowing some of Lawrences challenges to be deemed ok I think he gave more Palaces way
  • Options
    Timekeeping was right though, your time wasting started when Springs goal went in. ;-)

That wasn't time-wasting, it's the way we play.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well well well. At least he's consistant!

Stimson was also critical of referee Stuart Attwell after he riled him with some controversial decisions. He told Kent Online: "I go and watch Sunday morning football to pass the morning away and I've seen better referees out there.

"How many chances do you get? He's got to find his level, whatever level that is and from Tuesday night's performance who knows?

"I'll do a report and I'll ask to sit down and try and go through the video with someone who can try and explain to me from whatever angle that referee sees some of those decisions. It will be defended but we're at the stage of the seasons where these decisions are crucial."

Stimson felt his side should have had a penalty when Dennis Oli was pulled back in the area in the first half and when Barry Fuller was wiped out in the second.

"I was so pleased he (Fuller) got up from the tackle," said Stimson. "He (Attwell) didn't see that either and to be fair he's missed quite a lot so far in his career so it's not surprising.

http://gillingham.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=13650_4941295&id=35
  • Options
    I noticed that the brutally awful Clattenburg (a ref I'd always hoped was taking bungs, because I'd hope nobody can be that bad at his chosen profession) - has been reinstrated by the FA as a top-class ref (after dodgy business dealings lead to him getting struck off - do you see where this is going...), but remains banned until Apr and won't be let loose on the prem this season, which means we might have the pleasure of his company before the year's out. Something to look forward to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i saw he won his appeal but what did he do???