Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

they only hate brighton

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
honest.

Comments

• Looked on the Holmsdale site

More like Obessessed with us

Sad but true
  • brighton was invented to match there meekness as fans,how inoffensive is brighton? lower leagues almost all the time,not in london but seaside sussex,it makes sense when your fanbase looks like it is made up of 45 year old virgins.
  • Nah one of my best mates is a palace fan, if we had not hav sent them down there would not be such a rivalry, its a fact Palace do hate Brighton more than they hate us, had we not sent them down there would be no rivalry, they just love the fact that we hav bigged ourselves up so much over the past few years but we r now bottom of the CCC!!!
  • whatever.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Nah one of my best mates is a palace fan, if we had not hav sent them down there would not be such a rivalry, its a fact Palace do hate Brighton more than they hate us, had we not sent them down there would be no rivalry, they just love the fact that we hav bigged ourselves up so much over the past few years but we r now bottom of the CCC!!!

How old are you?
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    Goonerhater will back me up on this..

We attended a St Georges parade in Brighton last year, marched with Ghurkas etc, very good and proud to do it, we had a minibus load of Charlton (including women) down there.

Got talking to the organiser in a pub afterwards, who was a Brighton chap, he said to us, Palace had been in contact about attending as a show of solidarity for England etc, when he told them, no problem etc we are all English and by the way Charlton are coming, they immediately refused to turn up????????

Mind you, there were a few of us and a fair few Brighton obviously, and we agreed in the end, us, Brighton and palarse all in the same pub drinking, probably not a good idea in the long run.
  • LOL - Great idea DA9 brighton and charlton tag teaming up on the mighty Palace.
  • Posted By: SE7
    Nah one of my best mates is a palace fan, if we had not hav sent them down there would not be such a rivalry, its a fact Palace do hate Brighton more than they hate us, had we not sent them down there would be no rivalry, they just love the fact that we hav bigged ourselves up so much over the past few years but we r now bottom of the CCC!!!

How old are you?

Sorry m8, but u obviously can't face being silenced, great comeback!!!
  • Had a terrific day out at the pre-season friendly. I hope they get promoted so we can play them next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Posted By: SE7
    Nah one of my best mates is a palace fan, if we had not hav sent them down there would not be such a rivalry, its a fact Palace do hate Brighton more than they hate us, had we not sent them down there would be no rivalry, they just love the fact that we hav bigged ourselves up so much over the past few years but we r now bottom of the CCC!!!

How old are you?

Not quite as good as yours though : - (
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Posted By: SE7

How old are you?

[cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Posted By: SE7

How old are you?

Hang on a minute...I'm asking simply because it often depends on how old you are as to how you see rivalry.
    If I knew how old you were it would tell me which generation you're from and I'd better understand your take on it.
    Blimey...that's all SE7.
  • My guess would be that SE7 and mate are too young to remember the ground sharing days.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]My guess would be that SE7 and mate are too young to remember the ground sharing days.

That's exactly what I was trying to establish Len.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]My guess would be that SE7 and mate are too young to remember the ground sharing days.

Check out da txt spk Len. It wud confirm dis.....
  • Brighton proper hate Palace and vice versa. We're only goin' through the motions with it.

Reckon we'd be better off picking someone else to be rivals with (someone who don't already got rivals). Do Dagenham & Redbridge got any rivals since becoming a league club. If not, I reckon we should do a deal to have them instead of Palace as our rivals. We can say it dates back to that FA Cup meeting or something.
  • They don't care about us at all - look.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8qsOeOOngos
  • Ah shite m8 i thought u were just having a petty stab, i took it the wrong way, sorry!!!

Oh and by the way I am 18, so no i was not around at the ground sharing days, but would just like to quote from wiki,

Crystal Palace have two main rivals, fellow South Londoners Millwall and, since the 1970s, Brighton & Hove Albion F.C..

and also

The "supposed" rivalry came about after Charlton relegated the side back to the Championship in the 2004-05 Season,

So yes they may be from south London but i would still reckon Brighton is more of a rivalry for them, they're just bitter, but hey wat do i know, sorry sound if i may have pissed u off m8!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]My guess would be that SE7 and mate are too young to remember the ground sharing days.

Check out da txt spk Len. It wud confirm dis.....

Great line, Charlton Dan. I bloody hate "text-speak" too, I just refuse to read it. M8 is the worst.....
  • SE7.....we were rivals in the mid seventies and we are rivals now....just take our word for it.
  • Only started going to CAFC in the 80s, so Palace will always be the biggest rival in my eyes.

Plus, my best mate is a Brighton fan and I've been to a couple of BHA v Palace games before - great fun!

Horrible stripey Surrey nigel tossers...

It's all just a bit of fun though really. I've had quite a laugh bantering with the odd Nigel. Long may it continue!
  • Sponsored links:

• The only way to deal with Palace is to stave unequivocally that you think they're C**ts and you don't care what they think.

If you start indulging in thier wierd endless handwringing debates about what constitutes a rivalry you'll drive yourself slowly insane by the powerfull dark force of Nigelism (No offence Nigel W).
  • tbh i could not give a damn what they think.

spuds i hate end of
  • Let Palace hate Brighton. Who cares? At the expense of repeating myself our proper rivals are Millwall, and never let Millwall fans tell you they don't feel it back 'cos they do, I have personal and painful expirience of this fact. Beating the stripey shits is fun but wait until the blue scum turn up at the Valley. Then you will understand why us older Addicks have little time for those MORONS from SE14.
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]They don't care about us at all - look.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8qsOeOOngos

That is absolutely hilarious. I mean, why would you want to show that to the world when it makes you look like such a bunch of prats!
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]SE7.....we were rivals in the mid seventies and we are rivals now....just take our word for it.

Agreed Tel.

In 1968/9 Palarse were promoted to the top flight ahead of us. We also played them in the FA Cup. Both games played at the Valley had over 30,000 there when we averaged somewhere around 12,000. There was big rivalry

1974/5 we were promoted from the old Div 3 ahead of Palarse who finished fourth (or fifth). Their manager at the time was the big mouthed flamboyant Malcolm Allison. He shot his mouth off a few times about how Palarse would finish ahead of us. Both league games had over 20,000 attending, when we averaged less than 10,000. At the Sellout Park, at least one fan was stabbed as fighting broke out before and after the game.

I went to a secondary school in Bromley. The majority of the kids came from Beckenham and Penge and almost all were Nigels. It was a total wind up.
  • this is the situation for my generation (im mid twenties) - the palace fans have the mindset that they are SUPPOSED to hate brighton, when i think many dont even know why the rivalry exists as it dates from long ago. they definitely do hate millwall like the rest of us but out of sight out of mind at the moment i think. then theres us. no matter what they say they do see us as the main rival at the moment, maybe only because we are in the same division (barely) and because there is more recent bad blood than the other teams. but mainly, they love saying that we are not their main rivals to belittle us - i reckon this is why the wikipedia site says we're not. also, i noticed in Football Manager that only brighton and millwall are listed as their rivals.
  • And Brighton are a superior club to them too, a pattern is starting to emerge regarding the Nigels!
  • edited January 2009
    I suspect that Brighton fans could not give a flying f@@k about Crystal Natspiss and they would have that in common with the rest of the footballing world. The reason that the media are making a big thing about Charlton's setbacks is that Charlton are still percieved in the main to be a relatively large club, our fall from grace is noticed for good or evil. Wheras when the Fc Croydon where near the bottom of the league last season no one made a fuss because nobody cared what happened to them, their crapness was expected. In 2000 when they were close to extinction nobody made a fuss because nobody cared. Most fan's of a wide spectrum of clubs barely ever have a good word to say about the f@@kers because they are basically an uninteresting club and all the attention seeking from the chief nectarine can't change that- indisputable nailed on with knobs fact!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Only Brighton?

That is quite a sad thing to do. And they have the sheer gall to name us "clowns"? Bet they bought that scarf too!