Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centre-half......urgent!!!!!!!!!!

No prizes for originality, but we desperately need to sign a centre-half this week.
We been linked with Darren Purse before now, but surely he could do a job for us & is available on a free from Cardiff.
Go get him Parky!

Comments

• Options
    darren purse is cack.
  • Options
    Holland has done a very good job there in the two performances I've seen so I'd be happy to see him carry on - and his attitude and commitment are too precious to leave on the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]darren purse is cack.

Alright then, Rio Ferdinand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Holland has done a very good job there in the two performances I've seen so I'd be happy to see him carry on - and his attitude and commitment are too precious to leave on the bench.

To be fair though those 2 performances were Norwich at home in the cup and Palace last night. Hardly potent attacking threats. Whilst i'm not knocking his attitude or commitment, i feel a team with better forwards would take him apart.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]darren purse is cack.

Alright then, Rio Ferdinand.

lol yeah

just my opinion Purse was good 4/5 years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]i feel a team with better forwards would take him apart.

I made Holland MOM of the Norwich game, but I think there was an element of shock factor and Norwich were not set up, if he was a regualr CB for us then I would deploy a big muscley forward and knocjk him around a bit, Matty is not renowned for his strength on the ball, no we need another CB - Come back Cranie all is forgiven? Sodje, is he free?
  • Options
    It just highlights the folly of having only two CB's. It has been like this for too long (thats why we had Primus on loan). If we can't sign another one soon, perhaps we should bring him back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]i feel a team with better forwards would take him apart.

I made Holland MOM of the Norwich game, but I think there was an element of shock factor and Norwich were not set up, if he was a regualr CB for us then I would deploy a big muscley forward and knocjk him around a bit, Matty is not renowned for his strength on the ball, no we need another CB - Come back Cranie all is forgiven? Sodje, is he free?

Yeah although Holland's played well there, he won't win headers too often against the 6 ft 4 15 stone centre forwards.

Sodje isn't playing much for Reading, but he ended his loan at Norwich after getting injured.

I'd be happy with Cranie, he did a decent job at CB.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]It just highlights the folly of having only two CB's. It has been like this for too long (thats why we had Primus on loan). If we can't sign another one soon, perhaps we should bring him back

A fit Primus would be fine, but how long would he be fit for, there must be a Premeir league 4th 5th choice we can get
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Spot on, except the bit about Crainie.
  • Options
    As I said elsewhere, when Fortune got injured back in Sept is when it all started to go wrong. Up until that point we had a respectable 10 pts from 7 games.

He then missed 12 games in which we got six points, and by the time he was fit to return to the side we were bottom!

In fact, of our six league and cup wins this season,only one of them (Ipswich) was secured without him. So we need a replacement - and a good one - fast. Like before Saturday, as I agree with the comments about Holland. Even though he's done well whenever he's been asked to fill in at CB, he should not really be asked to play there except in extremis...
  • Options
    thought primus didn't compliment Hud too well, Holland's OK next to him, they doing slightly different roles and H is pretty decent in the air for his height.
  • Options
    Hermann Hreidarsson?
    Any decent kids?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]No prizes for originality, but we desperately need to sign a centre-half this week.
    We been linked with Darren Purse before now, but surely he could do a job for us & is available on a free from Cardiff.
    Go get him Parky!

If I had a £ for every time we've been linked with Darren Purse over the years I could retire!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]No prizes for originality, but we desperately need to sign a centre-half this week.
    Go get him Parky!

If I had a £ for every time we've been linked with Darren Purse over the years I could retire!

everytime someone makes this link Martin Christenson gets another £
  • Options
    If I had a £ for someone said "If I had a £ for..."
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=23405&page=1#Item_11
  • Options
    i hate exclamation marks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Hermann Hreidarsson?
    Any decent kids?

Mambo's probably the closest but he's not ready yet.

We've got Aswad Thomas but he won't be good enough, will go in the summer if he doesn't before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i hate exclamation marks.

Why?.....!
  • Options

Why?.....!

holiday in Westwood Ho! once maybe
  • Options
    Izzy Irekpen as mentioned in another thread who is free at the moment and on trial at Bristol City
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Why?.....!

holiday in Westwood Ho! once maybe

I think you'll find it's Westward Ho! in Devon, Henry.

Westwood Ho is the other side of the Rochester Way from Crown Woods school.
    Well it was when I went there.

;o)
  • Options
    it would be anothe rlaon but Shittu anyone? think he is still at Bolton not getting a game.
  • Options
    I didn't see Holland against Norwich but I saw nothing against palace to believe that he is the long term answer. To me he looked exactly what he was, a midfielder playing out of position.

If the club genuinly believe that we have a chance of staying up then we have to get a another centre half, end of. Holland may be ok for the odd emergency during a game but if we have to rely on him for any length of time, then we are royally screwed
  • Options
    well i dont mind one or two exclamation marks but 8 or 9 is just pushing it too far.. anyway wont go on else i get told off.
  • Options
    sounds like it's about to be Brizzy Iriekpen
    http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1536845,00.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]sounds like it's about to be Brizzy Iriekpen
    http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1536845,00.html

oh well
  • Options
    Come back Cory Gibbs! Played for Colorado Rapids but I believe MSL has finished for the season. Also Paulo Monteiro - wonder what happened to him? They must be better than the Championship cast-offs we are linked with now. James Wilson from Bristol City reserves would be a good shout, especially if they get Irekpen.