Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centre-half......urgent!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Come back Cory Gibbs! Played for Colorado Rapids but I believe MSL has finished for the season. Also Paulo Monteiro - wonder what happened to him? They must be better than the Championship cast-offs we are linked with now. James Wilson from Bristol City reserves would be a good shout, especially if they get Irekpen.

Errrrrr yeah...I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking!
  • Options
    Mancienne?? Only across the water for the boy. Recently just back from Wolves, even if only for 3 months.
  • Options
    I personally feel we need a Lump of a centre half. We seem to be the only team in the league without a 6ft4" ,14 and 1/2 stone monster in our defence that you cant get round.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]sounds like it's about to be Brizzy Iriekpen
    http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1536845,00.html

I couldn't make the Izzy Inkpen linky work - so found the article myself:

IZZY TALKS CONTINUE - GARY
    Posted on: Wed 28 Jan 2009

Gary Johnson says it is likely Izzy Iriekpen will be joining City until the end of the season.

The manager was pleased with the defender's fitness levels and performance in today's reserve game against Plymouth - in which he scored during the 2-2 draw.

And he told bcfc.co.uk: "With our current centre-back situation I think we need to bring a defender in, and Izzy has the experience and qualities required to join our squad.

"We'll be offering him a contract and hopefully he will come on board before Saturday's game against Barnsley."
  • Options
    Who fancies a game at Centre Back on Saturday?
  • Options
    Not Brown - as he is now a Leicester player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Not Brown - as he is now a Leicester player

Can't find any reports regarding this story?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Not Brown - as he is now a Leicester player

Can't find any reports regarding this story?

Hmm - this is true. Just something I read elsewhere but as yet no substance to it.
    Hope we get him tbh
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Hermann Hreidarsson?
    Any decent kids?[/quote]

Mambo's probably the closest but he's not ready yet.

We've got Aswad Thomas but he won't be good enough, will go in the summer if he doesn't before.[/quote]

I wonder if Parky is aware of Aswad Thomas? He's been out on loan most of the time. Mambo is probably a year away from being ready...
  • Options
    Wayne Brown
    Leon Cort
    Danny Shittu
    Michael Mancienne
    Herman
    Jonathon Spector
    Chris Baird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice shopping list :-)

Herman played for pompey on Tuesday, so thats probably one off the list
    Craine played on Saturday when they lost to Swansea, but was dropped for Tuesday - more likely?
  • Options
    Sonko from Stoke would be good.
  • Options
    I'd like Sonko ....... I thought he was a man mountain when he played for Reading against us, despite getting sent off when he got exposed 1 on 1 by team mates.

He wins everything in the air, and horrible to defend against when we conceded corners and set pieces.

Could we get a loan? lol
  • Options
    I wonder if Parky is aware of Aswad Thomas? He's been out on loan most of the time. Mambo is probably a year away from being ready...

He must be, Pardew didn't seem to rate him and it doesn't look like Parkinson does. He's played in the reserves recently.

We'll see just how much they rate Mambo if they give him a pro contract at 17 like they did with Wright, Arter and Solly (and hopefully Shelvey in a months time if he accepts it!).
  • Options
    What about Rocha, the portugese international who can't get a game at Spurs- get him on loan!