Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Stewards

Comments

• Options
    Come on CPFC1301

Defend your self like a man or you still crying that the big nasty Charlton fans dont agree with you
  • Options
    And the winner of comedy thread of the year goes to....
  • Options
    But be honest, what really cheesed you off was when you started your car after the game and the doors fell off, the bonnet flew up in the air and a bunch of flowers popped out of your exhaust pipe...
  • Options
    "Parp"
  • Options
    How is the foot today ?

Early plans are in place to hold a Benefit Night for it. The Walker Brothers are headlining, supported by The Strollers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]How is the foot today ?

Early plans are in place to hold a Benefit Night for it. The Walker Brothers are headlining, supported by The Strollers

Hans Zimmer has agreed to compose a special piece of music for the occasion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]How is the foot today ?

Is the food going to cooked by Mrs. Nigella Lawson?
  • Options
    I believe Delia is the prefered choice for people who haven't got much in their cupboard.
  • Options
    He will never be able to "Walk 500 miles"
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    T+++er !

He really wasn't feeling glad all over was he.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unbelievable stewarding! I'd have put my foot down!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CPFC1301[/cite]Before i start this is not a bitter post at all
    Don't sound like it does it? If you care to read other posts on here you'll see that there are far worse accounts of heavy-handed completely OTT stewarding which targeted the wrong people - and our own fans have sympathy with it all. If you were picked out on CCTV it's highly likely you deserved it you stripey tw*t. If you don't like it, stay at home and w*nk.
  • Options
    never mind!
  • Options
    Taken from Palace forums.

"I'm so annoyed after last night! My brothers and I got into the ground only for middle brother to be ejected as they said he was drunk because he wasn't lifting his arms properly for the initial search. The reason he couldnt lift his arm properly is beacuse he's disabled. They then proceeded to eject him by dragging him and using force on his paralysed left side. He tried to explain that he was disabled but they werent interested. My younger brother witnessed this and rightly or wrongly went mental and in the process got ejected. I witnessed this and asked the steward who was searching me whether I could go and see what was going on as my disabled brother had just been ejected. He walked me down to the gates on the proviso that I wouldnt cause any problems. He then explained to me that my brothers had been ejected, would not be allowed back and that I could stay with them or go in and watch the game.

I walked back up and spoke to two police officers as I wanted to complain about the heavy handed stewarding. One constable said I needed to write to the club and the other asked what had happened. When I explained he just shrugged his shoulders and was totally uninterested. I asked him for his name, number and station which he gave me and as I was typing the information in my phone I got as far as his number and part of station before I was picked up off the floor by 5 stewards shouting at me: "we told you, either in or out and as its obvious you dont want to go in, you obviously want to go out"!!!!

Absolutely disgraceful and then made to feel like a common criminal by the police who took my details and photo and said it would be used by the football intelligence department."
  • Options
    We've all experienced heay handed stewarding & policing, for me particularly in the Midlands area.

Firstly this isn't the forum to bring it up. Us as Charlton fans don't control the stewards. Certainly in my time watching in the South stand when we had 8,500 max attendance at the Valley, the stewards were incredibly leniant during potentially riotous occasions; ie Burnley always bloody Burnley.

If you're so eager to tell us the shortcomings of our stewarding policy then get onto the club about it. As for complaining about the police, how do we govern the Met's finest? We've all suffered from the Met's singular lack of brain cells, it's us the Charlton fans that moronically got shoved into Charlton station by fools on horses week after week until one of their brain cells thought to limit traffic.

Now if your stories are true I sympathise with you. But frankly this ain't the medium for me to understand or pursue any injustice. We as individual fans don't own the collective guilt of all that goes wrong at our club just as every Palace fan ain't as moronic as the fools on the trains last season.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've heard yesterday that the Palace fans are planning 1 minutes silence in remembrance of CPFC1301's foot being stood on. However because of the gravity of this heinous crime theyve now extended this to 90 mins.
  • Options
    Here he is with his mate just befor KO, happy as a sand boy before some nasty Charlton fan stood on his foot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CPFC1301[/cite]Only one steward was helpful as he told me to move down the stand for my own safety.
    "Excuse me, Nigel"
    "Wot?"
    "May I suggest you move a bit further down the stand?"
    "Why?"
    "So everyone else can have a go at standing on your foot"
  • Options
    Just like a Relapse fan to not be able to follow the simple command of "lift up your arms"
  • Options
    You could not make it up...poor Nigel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guys, as I'm sure you are all aware, we are approaching the first anniversary of the tragic and shocking soretoes incident.

Does anyone know if the club are planning anything to mark the occasion? Some kind of memorial service would be nice, something discreet and respectful to show that we feel Nigel's pain and stand shoulder to shoulder with him as he attempts to rebuld his life after this disturbing and heinous crime.

Perhaps the Fans Forum could look into this?
  • Options
    lol this is funny thread, he never did come back on here as well lmao
  • Options
    nigels there are quite unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]Guys, as I'm sure you are all aware, we are approaching the first anniversary of the tragic and shocking soretoes incident.

Does anyone know if the club are planning anything to mark the occasion? Some kind of memorial service would be nice, something discreet and respectful to show that we feel Nigel's pain and stand shoulder to shoulder with him as he attempts to rebuld his life after this disturbing and heinous crime.

Perhaps the Fans Forum could look into this?

I understand "Clarks shoe shop" on the Charlton retail park will remain closed for the day, and commemorative pair of Wayfinders(with the compass in the heel) will be available on production of a Palace season ticket ;)
  • Options
    I've heard there will be a bring your feet to the game day in memory.
  • Options
    I've heard it from a highly reliable source that there is only going to be a footnote in the next programme.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I saw a shocking picture of the injured fan in the local press recently. He had obviously ventured out in public and found his toe playing up so much that he had to be supported by some well meaning passerby.

brillo.jpg
  • Options
    The Palace fans were hoping to mark the anniversary with a return to the scene of the crime, but unfortunately the venue couldn't be arranged, as they were no longer in the same league.
  • Options
    Let's hope you won't want to mark the 2nd anniversary as you probably won't be around to do it!
  • Options
    nobody notices them anyway.