Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel Investments.......

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    Liverpool and Everton seem to survive despite being within walking distance of each other.

As a rugby fan (and former player) myself I'm certainly not arguing against rugby. My point is simply to ask whether the demand from rugby ON IT'S OWN is sufficient to make the place pay which is my understanding of what has been suggested.

Yeah, but Liverpool and Everton pre-date common sense :-) Of course, Liverpool were formed to spite Everton when they moved out of Anfield to play around the corner... you wouldn't, say, allow another club to move to the Greenwich Peninsula, for example, if there was still land there.

I see what you're saying about the pull of rugby alone, but bearing in mind most London/home counties rugby grounds are a mare to get to - even Twickenham's the back end of beyond for most people - I suspect the "build it and they will come" principle will apply if some egg-chasers pitch up in Stratford, which will feel a bit more central once the transport improvements kick in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Stu dont worry he is hurting as we got his hopes up, never mind I will let it ride on this occasion but if the problem persists I will not be so forgiving;-) Did you go Hull 2day

Nope by the time I woke up I'd missed my train to Burnley, so couldnt be arsed to do anything. Me mate went though said it was a cracking game.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'll sign you up for the 'i've bumped into AFKA recently and he looks short club that is gathering numbers on a daily basis !

: - )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Zabeel look like they are completely hammered stumbling out of of a nightclub owners office pulling there dress back down....

they are a bunch of flippin financial slappers....

as far as Im concerned they can get f$$ked[/quote]

very hard to disagree with this imo