Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snow

Comments

• Options
    Gawd blimey Inspector ! I need to get from Shooters Hill to Maidstone Hospital. Will be great fun on the M20 thats if I can get to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The problem is they are predicting further snow during the day so you might struggle to get in and then face worse conditions on the way back. Don't fancy a night chez a2. If it's bad and you can do so, give it a miss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Gawd blimey Inspector ! I need to get from Shooters Hill to Maidstone Hospital. Will be great fun on the M20 thats if I can get to it.

Ouch! At least you're going against the flow.

I remember the 2003 snow - it was when a few inches got dumped in an afternoon and people ended up stuck on motorways; I remember bits of west London being gridlocked and having to walk through central London because the Tube's electrics packed up.
  • Options
    3blokes. I am far too important not to be there. Someone has to clean the bogs ! ;0)
  • Options
    remember - take some blankets, some grub in case you get stuck, and a mobile with wireless internet so you can keep on posting here from the A20 ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If the low altitude air temperature is low enough for water to freeze then what falls is snow.

Thanks, that's what I needed to hear.

Got to go to Peckham tomorrow. Was going by train anyway but could be fun.

If not I would have got the sledge out and taken Henry Jnr to the park before School. Got to be done while you can so hope the snow is still thick on Tuesday morning as working from home.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ha ha shooters tell them to go outside and write their names in the snow ;-)
    And those who can dot an i are classed as marksmen( or markswomen of course ) ;-)
  • Options
    Yellow snow !!!!!!! Scary stuff.
  • Options
    M20 closed between junctions 8 and 9 because of yellow snow treacherous conditions.
  • Options
    Still not a sniff of the white stuff here !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Still not a sniff of the white stuff here !

Do u live on Shooters Hill? I'm only a minute from there and it's sheeting down here! A snow day tomorrow hopefully!
  • Options
    Snowing hard in Medway and laying fast on the road that was gritted mid- afternoon, traffic is already crawing past.
  • Options
    Shooters, I'm also on the hill have you looked out in the 10 minutes?
  • Options
    29c expected today ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]29c expected today ;o)

What's that, a bus route....?

;o)
  • Options
    Look I turned my back for ten minutes and the stuff covered the place. So I lied !
  • Options
    A lovely dusting up here near Braintree / Colchester. Not enough for Alex Jones to start warbling in my garden but who knows what tonight may hold?

Back to Trudy in the studio for the sport ........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Look I turned my back for ten minutes and the stuff covered the place. So I lied !

Lol
  • Options
    THUNDER AND LIGHTNING IN GRAVESEND!!!!!!! I kid you not. Plus about an couple of inches on the ground in Riverview Park.

Fun driving back from Abbey Wood on the A2 tonight - 10 car smash just past Dartford Heath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]THUNDER AND LIGHTNING IN GRAVESEND!!!!!!! I kid you not. Plus about an couple of inches on the ground in Riverview Park.

Fun driving back from Abbey Wood on the A2 tonight - 10 car smash just past Dartford Heath.

The swanscombe correspondant concurs. Woke my son up. It is now really coming down, it will be the first really big snowfall my 4yo daughter has seen. Lots of snowman building tomorrow I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been googling thunder and snow - It appears it only usually happens near the coast and that the worst snow storms are preceeded by Thunder and Lightning - UH OH!
  • Options
    Bugger all here in Sittingbourne since a light dusting a couple of hours ago.... BOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Absolutely pelting it down in Croydon - two inches or so already settled. What's the betting all the bastard train drivers take tomorrow off to go sledging with their kids, leaving me to spend three hours getting into work, like last time we had a real snowfall.
  • Options
    None here in the Shropshire Hills either, bloody cold tho.
  • Options
    Well it's all pretty quiet here in Maidstone now. Maybe a cm or two but sounds like other areas are getting the worst of it at the moment.
  • Options
    Shit loads of it in Orpington, hopefully the trains will be cancelled tomorrow.
  • Options
    snowing around gatwick too!
  • Options
    the view from my window
  • Options
    A light dusting in Norwich. F*cking cold though!
  • Options
    Tons of it in Chatham, took me almost an hour to drive home from Rochester high street earlier. I think me and my mate won't be driving in that tomorrow sir no thank you! I saw at least four motors that had just slid into shit, thunder lightning and snow!! Whats all that about!!