Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snow

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I will be waiting for them tomorrow and doing my improvised dog barking trick and I may even bite a finger or two to warn them off
  • Options
    Snowing in Cornwall

Just started snowing here, great fluffy feathers falling out of the sky.

It's a few years since it last snowed here, so expect no traffic will get up the steep hill leading out of the village in the morning. Or the school bus will have skidded and jammed frontways in the hedgerow, like happened last time it snowed.

Anyway, if it's snowing this far west, then it's probably been snowing in Bristol too.
  • Options
    This so unfair...you lot having a freebie holiday in the snow whilst I'm having to put up with 29c and using up my annual leave! I wonder if I could claim some leave back when I return to work in March due to the severe weather conditions; in London: lack of transport or in Sydney where temperatures are expected to reach up 40c this weekend so too hot to hit the beach....?

I wonder what their response would be..........?

Dear Solid,

Thank you for your request to claim back annual leave due to severe weather condition experienced during February whilst you were on holiday.

Yours sincerely

HR Personnel
  • Options
    My uncle has just come back from working in Canada in the building trade, he was not allowed to down tools until it reache at least -30, how nuts is that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My uncle has just come back from working in Canada in the building trade, he was not allowed to down tools until it reache at least -30, how nuts is that?

I wouldnt like to try to down tools at -30.
    I would imagine your hands would stick to them.
  • Options
    Are 'down tools' what Charlton are using to attempt relegation this season .... ?
  • Options
    On the way home listening to Radio London

They said " London is in for the same levels of snow fall as Monday from 0200 hrs tonight" has anyone else heard this or are they having a wind up?

i cant see it anywhere but on the met office it says weather warning
  • Options
    From the BBC website:

The Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for heavy snow in much of southern and central England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and BBC weather forecasters are now warning that similar quantities of snow to Monday could fall on London and parts of southern England on Friday.

The area affected is a band from south-west England, across south-central England, into London, and up into the southeast Midlands and "west" Anglia.

The area to the north west of London is most at risk, with a forecast of eight inches of snow.
  • Options
    I reckon you'd get 8 inches off that Would Ya you posted WSS...
  • Options
    how can we be running out of salt? were an island aint we? cant they get it from the sea or am i being completly dim... i did notice that Joe's fish bar in northhumberland heath the salt shaker is chained to the work top now... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I reckon you'd get 8 inches off that Would Ya you posted WSS...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]how can we be running out of salt? were an island aint we? cant they get it from the sea or am i being completly dim... i did notice that Joe's fish bar in northhumberland heath the salt shaker is chained to the work top now... ;-)

Thats far to complicated for my limited intelligence, I'm still stuck on North London Addick's "02.00 Tonight" ;-)
  • Options
    Good call TCE how thick was i there LOL
  • Options
    Now not expected to be as bad as Monday in London as the weather is "stuck" dumping most on the West Country.
  • Options
    snowing veryhard in enfield and starting to settle if it lasts as long as they say on the TV will be a very significant amount
  • Options
    Woke up expecting to be snowed in again, and nothing, so I've had to come to work :0(

Fecking weather!
  • Options
    Pissing it down here in the Bourne. Booooo! Meant to be flying Eagles today (not the stripey pyjama variety) - cant see that happening
  • Options
    Heavy rain in Bexleyheath area for last couple of hours - snow almost gone
  • Options
    Raining in Medway - but snowing on the way to work up the A2 - sleet and snow here in Canary Wharf.
  • Options
    "Light" snow in sunny Sydenham;
    not settling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's supposed to be a freeze on this evening so could be lots of fun saturday morning!
  • Options
    flakes as big as golf balls on the way to work - and now i am at work there's nothing. no snow left from earlier in the week and no new stuff coming! North Essex is just dull and boring

If the game is off tomorrow my wife has a list of DIY jobs as long as Peter Crouch's leg so I am hopeful of lots of snow here and nothing down in Charlton