Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Reilly has done it again

Worst ref in football.

Absolute joke decision in the Chelsea v scumpool game.

Comments

• Options
    Agree no way was that a red.
  • Options
    Poor decision but if you go in with studs showing then its always a possibility. Is he worse than Atwell ?
  • Options
    Crap game to watch. Old mavis has got it so wrong once again.
  • Options
    just my opinion SHG.

Not seen Atwell before mate - but consistently Reilly is pants.
  • Options
    Just got it right in booking Stevie G. Diving twat.
  • Options
    yeah to be fair.

F****** scousers every time one of them cheating bin dippers falls oover in the area they all screaming for a Penalty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah to be fair.

F****** scousers every time one of them cheating bin dippers falls oover in the area they all screaming for a Penalty

Ah the Anfield penalty...
  • Options
    Don't worry, Chelsea will cash in one of their many "we're a big club so retract sending off" cards on Monday.

I mean, he is an England player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah to be fair.

Ah the Anfield penalty...

My, then, 8 year old son at Anfield. Charlton player goes down in the area.

"we'll never get a penalty in front of the Kop"

So young, so cynical, so right
  • Options
    Good goal, Poor game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Good goal, Poor game

Listening on the radio. Seems very dull but five mins to go.
  • Options
    I think in the four matches we played at Anfield in the 80s there was a penalty given to Liverpool every time.

Then there was the Michael Owen pen - when he ran in to the box and fell over after a loegit challenge by I think Rufus in the 3-3 in our first season in the Prem.

Still a club of Liverpool's status deserve a bit of assistance from the referee, we wouldn't to upset all those scouse fans in Surrey.
  • Options
    GOAL!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Benitez is a tactical genius.

Now
  • Options
    did anyone else just see Bosingwa just kick a Liverpool player in the back only for the linesman to give a free kick to Chelsea !
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think in the four matches we played at Anfield in the 80s there was a penalty given to Liverpool every time.

Correct.. We conceded a pen 4 years on the spin at anfield. 86/86, 87/88, 88/89 and 89/90, though in 89/90, Bobby B, saved a pen from Rush. Also 98/99 they scored another pen at Penfield against us
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Not seen Atwell before mate - but consistently Reilly is pants.

Whenever he was ref at our games in the premiership he was awful
  • Options
    Never a sending off - Lampard wins the ball first and then Alonso actually kicks him!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Riley was terrible all game, Mascherano's (sp?) yellow may have been for a 5th foul, but the 5th foul involved him placing his foot on the floor over a foot away from Mikel who then threw himself on to the deck (not even over Mascherano's leg, just on to the floor where he was, over a foot away from Mascherano). Riley was within 5 yards and still thought it a foul worthy of a booking.

A lot of the bookings in the game were dubious and he started so early in the game, for such innocuous looking tackles that a red was an inevitability.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]did anyone else just see Bosingwa just kick a Liverpool player in the back only for the linesman to give a free kick to Chelsea !

that was laughable...
    fair play to fat frank thought he was wel controlled when he got ridiculously sent off.... didn't we used to play those big teams a few years back.. still got the monster exciting we might win a few games fixtures of northampton, bristol rovers, hartlepool etc to look forward to now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never forgiven Reilly since he sent off Koncheskey for the elbow that wasn't.I think he pissed himself with excitement as I've never seen a ref run over so fast to red card someone with such glee.

See my new thread re worst refs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]did anyone else just see Bosingwa just kick a Liverpool player in the back only for the linesman to give a free kick to Chelsea !

Just heard on Sky that the FA will take no further action against Bosingwa over the incident. How? It was as blatant a red card as you will ever see. Big club getting away with it, typical!
  • Options
    Are you guys serious?? It's not about who made contact with the ball or player first, it's about the way the ball was approached. Alonso kicked at the ball, totally legal, Lampard slid in leg extended, studs up, illegal, reckless and against the spirit of the game. The red card was totally justified, if he'd connected with Alonsos shin it would have been snapped in two!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think in the four matches we played at Anfield in the 80s there was a penalty given to Liverpool every time.

Then there was the Michael Owen pen - when he ran in to the box and fell over after a loegit challenge by I think Rufus in the 3-3 in our first season in the Prem.

Still a club of Liverpool's status deserve a bit of assistance from the referee, we wouldn't to upset all those scouse fans in Surrey.

Another interesting stat from that four-year spell in the old Division One was that we played 80 odd games away from home in those four seasons and did not get a SINGLE PENALTY given to us in any of them!!!

That means that in over 120 HOURS of football a Charlton player was NEVER fouled in the opposition box!!!

We did not get too many in the 98-07 Premiership years either.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]Are you guys serious?? It's not about who made contact with the ball or player first, it's about the way the ball was approached. Alonso kicked at the ball, totally legal, Lampard slid in leg extended, studs up, illegal, reckless and against the spirit of the game. The red card was totally justified, if he'd connected with Alonsos shin it would have been snapped in two!![/quote]

LAMPARD WON THE BALL FAIR AND SQUARE AND ALONSO KICKED HIM!

If you can't win a tackle and get kicked by the opposing player and then get sent off for WINNING the ball, we may as well give the game up now!
  • Options
    Lampard actually shaped his foot to get the ball, studs werent really showing, Gerard went flying in full studs showing , didnt get the ball, and wasnt even given a yellow.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]did anyone else just see Bosingwa just kick a Liverpool player in the back only for the linesman to give a free kick to Chelsea ![/quote]

Just heard on Sky that the FA will take no further action against Bosingwa over the incident. How? It was as blatant a red card as you will ever see. Big club getting away with it, typical![/quote]

Agree quite right where was the attempt to win the ball with that challenge i don't know!!
    NONE straight RED
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]Are you guys serious?? It's not about who made contact with the ball or player first, it's about the way the ball was approached. Alonso kicked at the ball, totally legal, Lampard slid in leg extended, studs up, illegal, reckless and against the spirit of the game. The red card was totally justified, if he'd connected with Alonsos shin it would have been snapped in two!![/quote]

LAMPARD WON THE BALL FAIR AND SQUARE AND ALONSO KICKED HIM!

If you can't win a tackle and get kicked by the opposing player and then get sent off for WINNING the ball, we may as well give the game up now![/quote]

Sorry did you actually read what I wrote? it's not about who won the ball or who kicked who, it's about sliding in for the ball leg straight studs showing it's simply not allowed any way you look at it. The referee was spot on, if they didn't set a precedent then you'd have mayhem with all players doing the like and broken legs left right an centre. What Lampard did is against the rules of the game and also extremely dangerous and the refs decision will be vindicated when the FA choooses against rescinding the card. It's black and white mate there are no grey areas, you cannot try to win the ball with your studs pointed in the direction of an approaching player.
  • Options
    Lets all agree;
    Frank Lampard getting sent-off IS funny !!
  • Options
    But he didn't foul the opposing player - in fact, he didn't even touch him! The opposing player KICKED HIM! You can do anything you want if you don't touch anyone, have no intent on hurting anyone and are just playing the ball - the ref's have lost the plot.

He won the ball, no foul, no card.