Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Reilly has done it again

2»

Comments

• Options
    It was funny but never a red card as he won the ball the ref has even phoned lampard up to apologise
  • Options
    He went in studs showing which is totally against the rules. Whilst i understand your point and agree he didn't foul him, what i'm trying to say is that has nothing to do with it. Go in studs up at your own peril, especially when sliding. maybe he didn't intend to hurt him but facts are if he did get him he would have snapped his leg. It was a dangerous attack on the ball, that's what he got sent off for.
  • Options
    might I add, as soon as he got to his feet you could tell Lampard knew he was in trouble.
  • Options
    How do you go in for slide tackle or one laying down without you studs showing....carry you boots in your hand?
  • Options
    Lampard has won his appeal, the 3 match ban has be rescinded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Lampard has won his appeal, the 3 match ban has be rescinded.

Why wasn't it deemed a frivolous appeal I wonder?

Or does that only happen to us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]He went in studs showing which is totally against the rules. Whilst i understand your point and agree he didn't foul him, what i'm trying to say is that has nothing to do with it. Go in studs up at your own peril, especially when sliding. maybe he didn't intend to hurt him but facts are if he did get him he would have snapped his leg. It was a dangerous attack on the ball, that's what he got sent off for.

Pretty sure you're on a fishing trip here and you've got one or two bites. Well either that or you know nothing about football. Addick1965 has more or less said it all.
  • Options
    To be honest I agree with SMTM. I f a player throws 3 punches at an opponent but misses cause the oppo ducks and weaves, does that mean he should get sent off as didnt actually touch him?
    Also if you jump in 2 footed and cleanly win the ball you are also likely to get a red card for dangerous play, even though you 'got the ball'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]To be honest I agree with SMTM. I f a player throws 3 punches at an opponent but misses cause the oppo ducks and weaves, does that mean he should get sent off as didnt actually touch him?
    Also if you jump in 2 footed and cleanly win the ball you are also likely to get a red card for dangerous play, even though you 'got the ball'

You aren't really comparing like with like. If you raise a fist/aim a kick at an opponent or dive into a tackle dangerously then it's a yellow or straight red depending on how the ref sees it and whether contact was made.

Lampard went in showing his studs but was aiming for the ball not to take player and ball.
  • Options
    slightly off topic.
    why, when rory delap kicks a ball at shaun wright phillips he gets sent off, yet when gerrard does it to bosingwa (i think) it gives him a "you cannot book me until it's too late to matter no matter how many offences i commit or how much i moan as i'm the liverpool captain and we're at anfield" exemption card.