Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

joe kinnear

taken to hospital before the game to day feeling unwell could be there all day

hope he is ok i like the old school mgrs

Comments

• Options
    Agreed NLA. He is under massive scrutiny up there but for once I find myself getting behind the Mags whilst JK is there.
  • Options
    Yes I hope he's ok too.Not the easiest of clubs to manage.
  • Options
    Hope he is OK, but the Mags go down
  • Options
    Given his heart scare a few years back I was surprised when he took on the poisoned chalice that is Newcastle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Given his heart scare a few years back I was surprised when he took on the poisoned chalice that is Newcastle.

He wanted to get back into the game but many Chairman' s first question was about his health. Is that fair on him?

Hope he recovers.

I think Chris Houghton is a very good coach BTW. Could do a good job for us if we didn't already have Parky.
  • Options
    Didn't he have his first bad turn against us? Snowy night in our first year in Prem? 98/99?
  • Options
    James Brown did this act first? Getting carried off stage during the encore ;-) HIT ME NOW! Shall we take it to the Bridge?!
  • Options
    Always likes J.K ,

Be happy to see him as manager in se7
  • Options
    Got final say on transfers too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bizarre appointment. Apart from 6 months managing Newcastle back in 08-09 he's not been in football since leaving Forest 9 years ago. Surely there's people who've been in the game a lot more recently than him who would be better suited.
  • Options
    Pardew - Lead Balloon
  • Options
    Strong quotes from Kinnear. Pardew's ego will not like it.
  • Options
    Very strange.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Agreed, Pardew has been managing for 15 years, he hardly needs someone holding his hand at this stage of his career.

I reckon Ashley is trying to provoke him into resigning.

• Options
    It was our friend Dennis Wise in the same role who provoked Keegan to quit in frustration. It seems that Directors of Football often cause more trouble than they're worth.
  • Options

Got final say on transfers too...

Isn't that grounds to claim summary dismissal ? Obviously depends on the terms of Pards contract but sounds similar to Curbs claim against West Ham (albeit that was transfers in the opposite direction).
  • Options
    The situation with Curbs at WH was that players were being transferred without his permission breaking a clause in his contract saying that he had the last say on who would be sold. If Pardew has a similar clause then he could claim constructive dismissal as Curbs did.
  • Options

The situation with Curbs at WH was that players were being transferred without his permission breaking a clause in his contract saying that he had the last say on who would be sold. If Pardew has a similar clause then he could claim constructive dismissal as Curbs did.

Cheers, new it was moderately similar.
  • Options
    Joe kinnear well played. Undermined super al totally.

Ha ha kinnear's comments are Stone Age and must be designed to piss big nose off. Get in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

Agreed, Pardew has been managing for 15 years, he hardly needs someone holding his hand at this stage of his career.

I reckon Ashley is trying to provoke him into resigning.

absolutely so Ashley don't have to pay him 8 years worth of contract.
  • Options
    Pardew is on a yearly rolling contract, so the '8 year' term means very little. Ashley wouldn't have to pay more than a years salary in compensation.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Pardew is on a yearly rolling contract, so the '8 year' term means very little. Ashley wouldn't have to pay more than a years salary in compensation.

Thinking about the 8 years bit, there had to be a catch somewhere.
  • Options
    It was never a contract of length , clever wording on newcastles behalf

This will piss the ego off hugely and he will begone by xmas

Tbh i dont think he will make the first game of the season

I dont reckon newcastle consulted him on this appointment and he will dummy out huge

• Options

It was never a contract of length , clever wording on newcastles behalf

This will piss the ego off hugely and he will begone by xmas

Tbh i dont think he will make the first game of the season

I dont reckon newcastle consulted him on this appointment and he will dummy out huge

Agree, can't see him making opening day of the season either.

In actual fact, this is perfect for Pardew, Newcastle are a shambles again and he can walk for 'non footballing reasons' and leave Kinnear carrying the can.

Meanwhile, Pardew can leave with his reputation relatively intact and slip away to his next big pay day.
  • Options
    Its the best thing that they couldve done he knows himself his one season wonder impact mgmt has had its time

He will use this to his advantage nailed on
  • Options
    For anyone doubting what a classless clown Joe Kinnear is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NQqnc_ue0

WARNING: Very bad language, not suitable for work or children.
  • Options
    Look forward to hearing from him again!
  • Options
    What a strange and funny decision. Has it been officially confirmed?
  • Options
    Cue Mildew's "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me" resignation speech about mid-November.

Presumably his successor is already being lined up.

Kinnear's appointment is a bizarre decision. Who can take the guy seriously who signed someone on a "Bosnian" and caused N'Zogbia to leave after calling him Charles Insomnia ??