Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New England Kit

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]englandmain_762711a.jpg

That is a polo shirt, or a cricket shirt, or an old style Wimbledon tennis shirt, but it doesn't look much like a football shirt though.
    It's different though, i'll give them that.
  • Options
    Crap,crap,crap. Looks like a market stall knock off of a real England kit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Crap,crap,crap. Looks like a market stall knock off of a real England kit.

which is most likely what it is.
  • Options
    Well, either the links died or they have removed it, cant see it now.
  • Options
    New kit revealed on 28/3 according the FA.

On sale on 1 April - A fitting date.

Here's what some guy from the Daily Mirror thinks. Harsh but fair.

Moaning about new England kit is a bleating disgrace

By Brian Reade 19/03/2009

Grown men phoned up radio stations this week to whinge about England’s new £50 football shirt.

One 40-year-old I heard said the FA was putting a tax on patriotism because they know these shirts are a must-have piece of clothing for every Englishman going abroad.

Really? Most men over 40 I know would rather walk around a Spanish beach in Paul Daniels’ socks, Peter Stringfellow’s thong and a Josef Fritzl mask than a replica England shirt squeezed on so tight your man-breasts make the Three Lions look life-size.

A shirt worn by men with no identity who believe that, in dressing like a child, and a sheep, it somehow makes them look superior to foreigners. They’re not taxing patriots, fellas, just patsies.
  • Options
    Great piece by Reade
  • Options
    daily Mirror must be true the last home of the true patriot
  • Options

Most men over 40 I know would rather walk around a Spanish beach in Paul Daniels’ socks, Peter Stringfellow’s thong and a Josef Fritzl mask

I'd draw the line at paul Daniels socks.
  • Options
    was like this short sleve plain white shirts with big badge, goal keeper was all dark navy

phpd4KzsB
  • Options
    Why am i not allowed to wear my england shirt? That's like banning me from wearing my cafc shirt - Rediculable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why am i not allowed to wear my england shirt? That's like banning me from wearing my cafc shirt - Rediculable!

?
  • Options
    sorry henners it was in relation to this line:

A shirt worn by men with no identity who believe that, in dressing like a child, and a sheep, it somehow makes them look superior to foreigners. They’re not taxing patriots, fellas, just patsies.

Makes it sound like people cant where a footy shirt anymore!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]sorry henners it was in relation to this line:

Doesn't say you can't wear them just that he thinks it's childish.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hm - I have to say on reading it again he is more saying wearing it on holidays is silly and childish etc - which to be fair i only wear the CAFC shirts on hols - England one is purely for playing in and for supporting on match days!
  • Options
    Danny Baker does a good rant about wearing football shirts on holiday, funny in parts but i always have somthing with charlton on it when i go away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]sorry henners it was in relation to this line:

He wasn't saying that, it was in response to a 40 year old saying it was a must have item of clothing for any Englishman abroad.
  • Options
    Yes and Jurnos are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well dressed.

If yu have a beard milk bottle glasses ,tweed jacket with leather elbow patches, cord trousers and jesus boots with socks you work for The Guardian (thats the womens uniform)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite] If yu have a beard milk bottle glasses ,tweed jacket with leather elbow patches, cord trousers and jesus boots with socks you work for The Guardian (thats the womens uniform)

Or you're my old Chemistry teacher
  • Options
    I wear a football shirt around the pool abroad, Charlton, England or Rangers, dont wear them out & about though
  • Options
    So wearing a football shirt abroad - Yes or No let's get a poll going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes deffo, but club only.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    if old enough to vote then abroad, in the UK, in the street, at a match..

No

Might do this as part of the Friday Five.
  • Options
    I personally only wear footy shirts around the house/(as DA9 says) around the pool/out for a jog/having a kickabout
  • Options
    so what do we think:

dummy.jpg

thought it looked good would go cool with jeans down the boozer altho 50 notes is abit harsh and there meant to be quite skin tight so no good for a fat lad like moi.
  • Options
    Not keen on move away from navy blue shorts, otherwise nice shirt.
  • Options
    Best design for yonks.

Simple, one colour, not fussy or over designed, nod to tradition and clearly an England shirt.
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]

thought it looked good would go cool with jeans down the boozer altho 50 notes is abit harsh and there meant to be quite skin tight so no good for a fat lad like moi.

Point is it looks good on young fit men who are playing football in it and kids. No one else.

£39 is step for the kids kits so I'll wait till they are knocked out of the world cup and pick it cheap then. C'mon Ukraine ; - )
  • Options
    yep. I like it.
    Not worth £50 though.
  • Options
    ok

not worth the money.
  • Options
    Great kit, best for years.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Not keen on move away from navy blue shorts, otherwise nice shirt.
    Agree. The only time I recall us playing in white shirt & socks is when the shorts clash.

All this cobblers about 'going back to the 50s/60s design' for the badge and they go for white shorts. FFS.

England IS white shirt, blue shorts, white socks.