Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free Beer

WSSWSS
edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...

Too many pre-poured Fosters = Free Lager to one and all!

Comments

• Options
    I've noticed a pattern, free beer and we win. I think the fan forum should take note.
  • Options
    What's this about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]What's this about?
    I think it's explained pretty well!

Staff, were coming around people still on the concourse at HT with pints of beer. For free.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

The one game i have missed this season, not only do we win with one of the best perfomances all season - free beer was being handed out!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Don't think I'd be too happy if I was Garner.

If we're struggling at half time like we were last week the last thing I'd want is one of my players sloping off to go on a beer run!

And can you imagine the bar staff coping with the demand! Should get it by the following Saturday!
  • Options
    Gilbey will take it, miss, and you lot will hate him even more!
  • Options
    Typical of Thomas, if he wasn’t so skint he’d let Martin take the shot, we all know he has the most powerful shot in football, whatever player they pick will just spongefoot it barely into the penalty area…
  • Options
    I thought the football itself was supposed to be the entertainment. How long before the kissing cam comes out? 

Firstly, a 'first team player' who isn't in the squad for Plymouth (and presumably isn't injured- JFC?) Has the humiliation of getting some boots on and trying to hit the bar from half way. What's that - 5% chance? Then everyone in the ground must also make it to the Cambridge game to claim their prize. There needs to be some checks in place to see who qualifies. Catering needs to cope with the demand, which will be at 30 minutes before kickoff or halftime.

Typically poorly conceived and has Thomas's misplaced puppy-dog enthusiasm all over it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Possibly. Logistically, how will it work if the crossbar is hit? Will they open up specific beer bars? I presume you would need to present your match ticket/season ticket card to claim the beer. You are right if they haven't worked all this out and are just expecting the player to miss.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Possibly. Logistically, how will it work if the crossbar is hit? Will they open up specific beer bars? I presume you would need to present your match ticket/season ticket card to claim the beer. You are right if they haven't worked all this out and are just expecting the player to miss.
    I doubt it would even be draft. They're probably lining up a load of plastic bottles. And what would stop tickets being passed around between mates? I really can't see any win here.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Nothing would stop that happening but I suppose the limit is the number of tickets. You also have to have a system that stops people getting multiple drinks on the same season ticket. Still the player will probably miss.

Who would be persuaded to go to a game because of a bottle of fosters anyway? I am probably missing something but seems a stupid idea. Probably part of this trebling income crap! I need inspiring and this has the opposite effect.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Nothing would stop that happening but I suppose the limit is the number of tickets. You also have to have a system that stops people getting multiple drinks on the same season ticket. Still the player will probably miss.

Who would be persuaded to go to a game because of a bottle of fosters anyway? I am probably missing something but seems a stupid idea. Probably part of this trebling income crap! I need inspiring and this has the opposite effect.
    This site is the lowest of the low at times.

the owner is just trying to have a bit of fun and reward supporters and all I read is negative comments and questioning how it works. Who cares? If it happens, take your beer and enjoy it!!!!

i remember the praise the Leicester chairman got for buying everyone a beer on his birthday. The comments on here then were "what a great guy, wish we had an owner like that".  I know it's not 100% similar but I for one, am not going to criticise an owner for trying to have a bit of fun and give the fans a free drink 
    It would be great if he was buying everyone a drink. He's not though. He's embarking on another ill-thought out marketing gimmick which at best will end as a damp squib when JFC puts it a yard over the bar. If he wanted to o buy fans a drink, he'd just buy fans a drink.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cloudworm said:

the owner is just trying to have a bit of fun and reward supporters and all I read is negative comments and questioning how it works. Who cares? If it happens, take your beer and enjoy it!!!!

i remember the praise the Leicester chairman got for buying everyone a beer on his birthday. The comments on here then were "what a great guy, wish we had an owner like that".  I know it's not 100% similar but I for one, am not going to criticise an owner for trying to have a bit of fun and give the fans a free drink 
    It would be great if he was buying everyone a drink. He's not though. He's embarking on another ill-thought out marketing gimmick which at best will end as a damp squib when JFC puts it a yard over the bar. If he wanted to o buy fans a drink, he'd just buy fans a drink.
    This is the issue. I think he makes ill thought out decisions and this is potentially another. I want to see signs of this changing. In itself it is no big deal but it is the tip of a mountain of ill thought out decisions. IMO. On and off the pitch. I can't help thinking this is part of his trebling revenue plan which scares me even more.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

This is the issue. I think he makes ill thought out decisions and this is potentially another. I want to see signs of this changing. In itself it is no big deal but it is the tip of a mountain of ill thought out decisions. IMO. On and off the pitch. I can't help thinking this is part of his trebling revenue plan which scares me even more.
    I don't find his plans to 'double' turnover this season scary, just overoptimistic. I'm sure he'll react on ticket pricing though if sales don't pick up as he hopes.

As for this promotion, much as I admire his enthusiasm, words fail even me. I'd enjoy a free beer, on a pitch side sofa might be nice, as much as anyone🍺👍 but I doubt the prospect will increase match ticket sales.

By all means come up with ideas to promotes sales, but finding a proven goalscorer now might just be the best and most productive one.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    swordfish said:
    Cloudworm said:

I don't find his plans to 'double' turnover this season scary, just overoptimistic. I'm sure he'll react on ticket pricing though if sales don't pick up as he hopes.

As for this promotion, much as I admire his enthusiasm, words fail even me. I'd enjoy a free beer, on a pitch side sofa might be nice, as much as anyone🍺👍 but I doubt the prospect will increase match ticket sales.

By all means come up with ideas to promotes sales, but finding a proven goalscorer now might just be the best and most productive one.
    To clarify. What I meant was it could be potentially scary if he thought this beer thing would help towards it. 

In terms of increasing support, he would be best booking a meeting with Airman who has been there and bought the T-shirt.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Cloudworm said:

To clarify. What I meant was it could be potentially scary if he thought this beer thing would help towards it. 

In terms of increasing support, he would be best booking a meeting with Airman who has been there and bought the T-shirt.
    Not wishing to put words in Airman's mouth, but it might be quite a short meeting with the aforementioned advising him to hire a CEO and delegate.

This initiative isn't a big deal, but could result in a massive bar bill with no consequential increase in revenue. I'd work out what it could potentially cost and promote a reduced match day ticket price scheme for a game versus less attractive opposition, and it's not as if there aren't plenty of them to choose from!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cloudworm said:

If he was buying everyone a drink, the same few on here would be questioning why he is buying everyone a drink.

marketing gimmick.....it's not a sofa by the corner flag! It's a bit of fun for less than a minute that could reward fans with a gift worth £5.....let's all whinge about it!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    I thought the football itself was supposed to be the entertainment. How long before the kissing cam comes out? 

Firstly, a 'first team player' who isn't in the squad for Plymouth (and presumably isn't injured- JFC?) Has the humiliation of getting some boots on and trying to hit the bar from half way. What's that - 5% chance? Then everyone in the ground must also make it to the Cambridge game to claim their prize. There needs to be some checks in place to see who qualifies. Catering needs to cope with the demand, which will be at 30 minutes before kickoff or halftime.

Typically poorly conceived and has Thomas's misplaced puppy-dog enthusiasm all over it.
    Steady on, old bean 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Because trebling revenue is...a bad thing?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Because trebling revenue is...a bad thing?
    Its a great thing as winning every game this season would be or being able to fly. Maybe this beer thing has all been thought through but I tend to try to understand the logistics. For me it would have to be boxes of plastic bottled beer. Warm because of the numbers involved and beer you can't take into the stands with you so you would have to drink it there and then or get it as you leave. If not how is it all going to be dispensed without chaos?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Sometimes I think that if Sandgaard chose to deliberately run Charlton into the ground I wouldn't even blame him
  • Options
    Some of us a worried he could end up doing that but not deliberately of course. I don't think anybody is suggesting that.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

If he was buying everyone a drink, the same few on here would be questioning why he is buying everyone a drink.

marketing gimmick.....it's not a sofa by the corner flag! It's a bit of fun for less than a minute that could reward fans with a gift worth £5.....let's all whinge about it!!!!
    That aside, they will not be able to shift 5k drinks on a matchday.
  • Options
    It's not a free pint, it's a free pint if you come back next week. There will be incremental ticket sales on the back of it as a result if the crossbar is hit. Not that many, but still...
  • Options

He bought all season ticket holders a beer last season! Now he is at it again. Top man!