Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free Beer

2»

Comments

• Options
    I should imagine the player taking the crossbar challenge will have to pay the bar bill, if he's daft enough to actually hit the bar  :D
  • Options
    I should imagine the player taking the crossbar challenge will have to pay the bar bill, if he's daft enough to actually hit the bar  :D
    Or a player that hits the bar gets immediately transferred out, which will suit JFC and McGillivray!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I’d imagine it’s likely to be a youth player they’ll have out there. Someone like Aaron Henry or Daniel Kanu… rather than JFC or MacG…
  • Options
    well the forest green rovers chairmen is giving away 2 grands worth of cut diamonds to a lucky fan at every home game  
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Nothing would stop that happening but I suppose the limit is the number of tickets. You also have to have a system that stops people getting multiple drinks on the same season ticket. Still the player will probably miss.

Who would be persuaded to go to a game because of a bottle of fosters anyway? I am probably missing something but seems a stupid idea. Probably part of this trebling income crap! I need inspiring and this has the opposite effect.
    This site is the lowest of the low at times.

the owner is just trying to have a bit of fun and reward supporters and all I read is negative comments and questioning how it works. Who cares? If it happens, take your beer and enjoy it!!!!

i remember the praise the Leicester chairman got for buying everyone a beer on his birthday. The comments on here then were "what a great guy, wish we had an owner like that".  I know it's not 100% similar but I for one, am not going to criticise an owner for trying to have a bit of fun and give the fans a free drink 
    @Todds_right_hook - I didn't mean to pour scorn on the idea as a gesture of goodwill and a bit of fun, and didn't see it as anything to get overly worked up about being low risk in terms of the possible bar bill, but I did express doubts that if the intent was to generate additional ticket sales it might not have that big an impact as an incentive. 

I can see what's going to happen here. As he's not playing, Aneke is going to take the kick, leather it so hard it snaps the cross bar in two costing TS a packet in beer and tearing every tendon in Aneke's Meta Wotsits leaving him out for at least three months. 
  • Options
    Twist on the crossbar challenge…

If a squad player hits the crossbar from the halfway line during half time against Plymouth on Tuesday, each fan will be entitled to a free beer/drink on Saturday against Cambridge.
    Unlike during the match will probably put it straight in the goal. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I’d imagine it’s likely to be a youth player they’ll have out there. Someone like Aaron Henry or Daniel Kanu… rather than JFC or MacG…
    Aaron Henry apparently

Adigun

Minto threw me for a loop there!
  • Options
    Jason Adigun to become the hate figure ..
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Nothing would stop that happening but I suppose the limit is the number of tickets. You also have to have a system that stops people getting multiple drinks on the same season ticket. Still the player will probably miss.

Who would be persuaded to go to a game because of a bottle of fosters anyway? I am probably missing something but seems a stupid idea. Probably part of this trebling income crap! I need inspiring and this has the opposite effect.
    This site is the lowest of the low at times.

the owner is just trying to have a bit of fun and reward supporters and all I read is negative comments and questioning how it works. Who cares? If it happens, take your beer and enjoy it!!!!

i remember the praise the Leicester chairman got for buying everyone a beer on his birthday. The comments on here then were "what a great guy, wish we had an owner like that".  I know it's not 100% similar but I for one, am not going to criticise an owner for trying to have a bit of fun and give the fans a free drink 
    Agreed…….we can wait for the chaotic, unworkable, anger-provoking, poorly planned, flawed system they bring in to hand out 12,000 beers within a (maximum) 1 hour window before criticising the owner. It usually takes about 10 minutes to serve me my beer in a queue of 5 people. Let’s do the maths, shall we?!

I, for one, would rather have Olly on the payroll for another 12 months please, at similar cost.
  • Options
    Or a player that hits the bar gets immediately transferred out, which will suit JFC and McGillivray!
    You just know that if a youth player hits the cross bar he’ll be made redundant as a cost cutting measure, picked up by Millwall, be instrumental on getting them promoted to the Premier League then sold for £120,000,000 which will fund Millwalls charge to become regular champions league contenders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s back again tomorrow with a youngster called Lisbie having a go

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/five-things-do-cambridge-matchday