Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EDIT Reserves win 3-1 at Dripping pan with Trialist and Weaver.

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Reserves tonight V Brighton at the Dripping Pan (Lewes' Ground)

Charlton: Weaver, Solly, Clark, Dunne, Mambo, Thomas, Wagstaff, Wright, Fleetwood, Shelvey, Yussuff. Subs: Long, Tuna, Perkins, Lee, Pell.

There is also a trialist on show in the form of 20-year-old James Dunne, a combative midfielder currently on the books of Arsenal.

Farnborough-born Dunne, who joined the Gunners from Wimbledon, was a near ever-present for Arsenal's reserves last term.

Nicky Weaver makes his long-awaited return from a hip injury when Charlton's reserves travel to Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday night

Cue "why do we need another Midfielder" rants : - )

Comments

• Options
    The Dripping Pan - what a strange name for a ground!
  • Options
    Shouldn't messages about trialists be on the "Have you ever appeared in court" thread.

Or have I got it wrong again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Dripping Pan - what a strange name for a ground!

used for extracting Salt. One of the oldest grounds in the World.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Shouldn't messages about trialists be on the "Have you ever appeared in court" thread.

Or have I got it wrong again?

LOL
  • Options
    Scoham, what do you know about James Dunne from your sources?
  • Options
    There's a bit of confusion about him, because in FM he's set as a Forest player. Sky Sports says something about him going on loan there, other sites say he signed.

From his ratings he looks like he won't be good enough for Arsenal but could be a Championship player in the future. Seems to be a ball winning midfielder.

Anyway I've asked the Arsenal guy what's going on with him and how he rates him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to have gone to Forest on loan with a permanent deal to start in January. Wonder what happened.

Born in Farnborough but doesn't say if Surrey or Bromley
  • Options
    that is not the same bloke in those two pictures
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just got a reply, he went on loan to Forest but they didn't take up the option to sign him. Will be with Arsenal until the end of the season.

He was captain of their reserves, shown promise but can be ill-disciplined at times. Probably needed to go on loan and get some experience as he was possibly to good for the reserves, Wenger and the coach there also wanted another player to get more games.

He thinks he could turn out to be another Sidwell/Harper, leave Arsenal but eventually get back into the Prem. Though the Arsenal guy is usually optimistic rather than pessimistic when it comes to their young players.

Though I do wonder why Forest didn't sign him if he really is that promising. Doesn't look like he played any first team games for Forest, just reserve games. I doubt it would have been a big fee.

Talking about Forest, did anyone realise their keeper Paul Smith came through our youth team? Had a year as a pro and we released him in 1999. Played non-league for a bit before going to Brentford, Southampton and now Forest.
  • Options
    According to his facebook page Josh Wright thinks he's at the Brit Awards rather than The Dripping Pan tonight!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]According to his facebook page Josh Wright thinks he's at the Brit Awards rather than The Dripping Pan tonight!

Me thinks young Josh needs to focus a bit more on his football and a little less on his social life.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]According to his facebook page Josh Wright thinks he's at the Brit Awards rather than The Dripping Pan tonight!
    And Embassy Nightclub afterwards he says
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Do you reckon he'll make it from Lewes in time?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Me thinks young Josh needs to focus a bit more on his football and a little less on his social life.

Does seem like it.

I wonder if he saw how good he became on FM in the future and thought he has already made it...

There was a promising player at Leeds around 2000/2001, Jamie McMaster, who just couldn't handle the pressure in the end. Apparently a lot of the expectations stemmed from his potential on Championship Manager.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well we know who to blame if his career goes tits up then, don't we : - )
  • Options
    Arsenal midfielder could be promising, ZZ and Holland won't be here next year so would add competition to Racon, Bailey Spring & Jonjo...no bad thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can i just ask did collins john pass he's trial because there hasnt been anythink about him since ssn announced it
  • Options
    Was it on the OS, though.
    Henry says, if it's not on the OS it's not true.

That's right, eh Henry .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    Reserves won 3-1 with an own goal and two Shelvey goals, including a superb free kick.

Not much info about how we played on Brighton OS.
  • Options
    but is Josh enjoying the Brits?
  • Options
    Shelvey two goals.... his last for us?.... ;-)
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

OS says we won 3 - 1 with two goals from Shelvey : - )
  • Options
    I wonder if Arsenal will have a report on James Dunne's progress on their OS......no, oh shame.
  • Options
    so Ambrose can't even make the ressies these days. No way is ZZ in contention for Saturday otherwise he'd have seen some action last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I wonder if Arsenal will have a report on James Dunne's progress on their OS......no, oh shame.

That's cos our OS is so much more informative.

[cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so Ambrose can't even make the ressies these days. No way is ZZ in contention for Saturday otherwise he'd have seen some action last night.

I'd have thought that it made it more likely that ZZ was going to be involved on Saturday not less.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I wonder if Arsenal will have a report on James Dunne's progress on their OS......no, oh shame.

That's cos our OS is so much more informative.

Otherwise known as slow news days