Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blame the Ref !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2009
    What time is the Kick off gents and is the bar open?
    I''ll change that, Is the bar open and what times kick off?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Always makes me laugh when players can't kick a ball 10yds in a straight line, then complain the ref is shite !

Spankie, i really hope you don't jack it in, its always a pleasure having you ref us. And you are very good at it.

I think i'm reffing the Charlton Life game on Sat morning, so i look forward to a heap of ridicule on here next week !

you wearing flip flops?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Always makes me laugh when players can't kick a ball 10yds in a straight line, then complain the ref is shite !

Spankie, i really hope you don't jack it in, its always a pleasure having you ref us. And you are very good at it.

I think i'm reffing the Charlton Life game on Sat morning, so i look forward to a heap of ridicule on here next week !

you wearing flip flops?

Well every ref should wear flip flops. I have nothing but admiration for refs, apart from Rob Styles, and that Stuart fella. I could never do what Spankie does, talk about taking all that stick from people who couldnt run 10 yards and not kick straight.

Although, I always remember a CIFC game against the Arse when I was reffing with flip flops and a bandana round my ankle. I gave a pen against the Arse in the last minute (they were 4-2 up). They growled, moaned, shouted, but it was a pen. Walking of the pitch the fella who did the pushing said yep it was a pen ... what can one say.
  • Options
    Oh and trying to stick the flag up that Palarse muppets aris ...

They were the days ...
  • Options
    Your best one Riscardo was trying to book the Gillingham goalkeeper for unsporting conduct just before you stormed off, leaving me to ref the rest of the game !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Your best one Riscardo was trying to book the Gillingham goalkeeper for unsporting conduct just before you stormed off, leaving me to ref the rest of the game !

Yea, what a muppet he was. Couldnt really be asred with it ... as soon as his backchat started I was off ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    It's disheartening when you are trying to ref a game and you get blatant cheaters doing the line.

I used to get club linos, and I was encouraged by my trainer to do this, to do the line that their players were attacking on so if/when they did give an offside 9/10 it was correct - I never asked or told any club linos to give offsides just used to use my own judgement because of that and clubs just put up with it

It's very rare to find an honest club linesman and until you do you'll always have these problems.

Cheating linesmen when you're playing are so frustrating. It makes you wonder what the point is of having anyone there at all. It ruins the game much more than a bad ref or a ref having a bad day ever could.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Anyone see that Ray Winston "Respect" video.
    As that Fulham guy says;

"Thats what I'm talking about".[/quote]
  • Options
    One of the best was the foul on the Rangers keeper. He was doing a Weaver dribble around his box and murph went in and flattened him to the obvious protestations from the rangers player. Ric just said the keeper deserved it and waived play on :o)
  • Options
    My mate (the one who has the world record for sending off) text me last night.

He has been promoted and is now qualified to run the line in all of the leagues barring the Prem.

I'd love to have him at one of our games - dog's abuse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    * Recycling again *

Sorry if I'm repeating, but.........

Was I the only one who laughed out loud on Saturday at the "Racist" shout towards the referee ?
    Who said there is no humour at football ?

And, Mrs MOG decided that the ref against Brum was a "wank-face". Thats a new one on me !!!