Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comic Relief

What you doing ?

Comments

• Not much if im honest - Spraying my head red - MAYBE!
  • i am heading of to center parcs for the weekend. I will in sympathy with the event be driving a red car and laughing uproariously throughout the journey.
  • think they will struggle this year, more important things to spend money on sadly..
  • Exactly Adam - I need to buy some new ps3 games ;o)
  • I'll put a £1 in the collection bucket and sponsor various people. Hopefully they'll do the highlights of previous shows during the night, great post pub viewing!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Exactly Adam - I need to buy some new ps3 games ;o)

saving up for the ghost busters game myself...
  • I'm working for them at the moment. Campaign seems to be going good.. I reckon they could beat previous years, but with the recession who knows. If everyone in the UK gave a quid we'd end up with 60 odd million!
    They've been auctioning off loads of bits on an Ebay type of auction site, loads of footie shirts from clubs signed.. No Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]They've been auctioning off loads of bits on an Ebay type of auction site, loads of footie shirts from clubs signed.. No Charlton

we keep the profits from the club auctions.. ;-) wonder how much they got for Pards' boots in the end..
  • I wont be doing anything for Comic relief.
    I will however be buying my 2 usual lottery tickets and donating to charity via that medium.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Exactly Adam - I need to buy some new ps3 games ;o)

saving up for the ghost busters game myself...

That actually looks quite good!

Yes I'm a geek!
  • Sponsored links:

• sod all - charity begins at home.
  • Morcome and Wise are the theme i think

" bring me sun shine in your smile
    bring me laughter all the while "

they did to me
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]That actually looks quite good!

was ment to be out at xmas was put back , then out in april now put back till june!!! there calling it ghostbusters 3 because the writters and actors are all in it.. been rumoured if the game did well we could see a movie version ala indaina jones... would be awsome loved ghostbusters.
  • edited March 2009
    I won't be giving so much as a copper coin
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sod all - charity begins at home.

I wonder which rich Victorian child labour user came up with that old saying...

We shall be purchasing some stuff off the web site today, particularly the Morcame & Wise T-shirt, still love 'em.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]think they will struggle this year, more important things to spend money on sadly..

Would you like cream on that humble pie sir?
  • edited March 2009
    Watched it for the first time last night as Henry Jnr wanted to. Quite enjoyed some of it but was moved and angered by the location films especially the ones based in the UK

Cordon with the England team was funny (much better than his new show) but I was in tears when the kids who hadn't seen their parents for years were re-united.

As for Charity begins at home there were 4 good UK based causes (child carers, children of alcoholic parents, child victims of domestic violence, and children involved in prostitution) all of which were worthy of support IMHO as well as the combating HIV and malaria in Africa.

Yes, money is tight but I sat there in my nice, warm home having eaten a take away and drinking a bottle of wine with my son who, when he was ill with pneumonia, got all the treatment and drugs he needed straight away I can't really complain or begrudge sending a little money.

It was at £41m when I turned off. How much did it get.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]£57m

CHeers,

How does that compare with previous year?

PS Do you live in Keston in Bromley?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sod all - charity begins at home.[/quote]

Here you go Ledge ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/raybates3
  • Sponsored links:

• £40.5 million raised last year and this years total now holds the record in CR's 21 year history. Says something very positive about this country IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Watched it for the first time last night as Henry Jnr wanted to. Quite enjoyed some of it but was moved and angered by the location films especially the ones based in the UK

Cordon with the England team was funny (much better than his new show) but I was in tears when the kids who hadn't seen their parents for years were re-united.

As for Charity begins at home there were 4 good UK based causes (child carers, children of alcoholic parents, child victims of domestic violence, and children involved in prostitution) all of which were worthy of support IMHO as well as the combating HIV and malaria in Africa.

Yes, money is tight but I sat there in my nice, warm home having eaten a take away and drinking a bottle of wine with my son who, when he was ill with pneumonia, got all the treatment and drugs he needed straight away I can't really complain or begrudge sending a little money.

It was at £41m when I turned off. How much did it get.

Sir Henners.....I'm surprised of you that you and your son are knocking back a bottle of wine....shouldn't Henners jnr be on the alco pops or is this a sophisticated household? ;o) hic!
  • edited March 2009
    LOL - I could have worded that better.

I did feel slightly odd when the film about alcoholic parents came on and the Mum was pouring herself a big glass of red wine just as I was.... well you can guess ; - )

Gave me a chance to be a good parent and point out the need for moderation and responsible drinking.

I'm sure when he is 17 in 7 years time and out with his mates he will remember that : - (
  • i ended up donating a 5er ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]£57m

CHeers,

How does that compare with previous year?

PS Do you live in Keston in Bromley?

Niether, I just liked the name and want to live there. In estate agent land my home is Crofton, the post office call it Petts Wood and I know its Orpington.
  • edited March 2009
    LOL
  • Can't stand Comic Relief and always make a point of going out to get pished when it's on.

It's great that they raise lots of money for worthy causes, but I don't need Lenny Henry to tell me to donate to charity. Also, people dressing like tits and doing "whacky" things - why? No mate, it's not funny, you look like a tit.
  • All very well but that total equates to about the payoff package of 2 Bank Execs.

And several Cancer charities have lost that much in Icelandic bank accounts.

Just to put in perspective.
  • I have never been a fan but did anyone else catch Danielle Lloyd speaking about her experience of domestic violence perpetrated on her by a boyfriend when she was a teenager ? It was very brave of her I think to speak about it in such a high profile show. You could see it was a very moving experience for her. She gets a lot of stick but I believe she deserves an awful lot of credit for what she did.
  • I thought the England team/Smiffy thing was just embarrasing as was Ricky Gervais' Office Opera thing.
    And as for Carol Vorderman in that dress...........!!!!