Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amir Khan

His career is about to end isn't it? Who the hell put a bloke with a glass chin in against Barrera and thought it was a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    I can't wait to see Khan get battered on Saturday!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Don't reckon he'll make it any further than the 2nd, which is why I'm not gonna waste £15!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Don't reckon he'll make it any further than the 2nd!
    Minute?!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Step on his way to the ring!
  • Options
    He's not got a glass chin, he was caught by a great punch and was inexperienced because his management - like most British fighters - had been matching him with losers. If he'd had a bit more experience he'd not have sprung up and not have gotten that reputation amongst "ITV" fans.

I really welcome him taking such an ambitious match, but I wonder if Barera is being hauled in as a big name at the end of his career to be a scalp. I hope I'm wrong. I recall him training up a hill with a bag and a couple of psychos, now he's got an entourage like a film star and Don King dicking around. Generally a sign that the end is in sight. I may hve a couple of quid on Khan, but would like to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Freddie Roach is a big coup for Khan. He will undoubtedly teach Khan how to stay out of trouble in the ring.

To say he hasn't got a glass jaw is nonsense. The kid does not look like he can take a punch at all. He was in serious trouble against the mighty Willie Limmond, who I don't believe has stopped anyone for about 5 years and was deliberately picked as a non-puncher. How many times has he been on his backside/in trouble in his pro career?. Given that he has fought a number of non-punching rabbits it is far too many.

I've lost track of the amount of clowns he has had put infront of him, the first one who wasn't put him seriously in his place.

What Roach is saying about Barrera is true, he will only fight for a minute a round. If he catches Khan flush during that minute it will be the same as Prescott, goodnight Vienna.

I hope Barrera has trained properly for this and doesn't just show up as a make-weight. He is a legend and I hope he retains his legend status by knocking khan out.

The whole thing is typical Frank Warren hype. Sell as many tickets as possible by over-hyping someone. If Khan looses again expect Warren to either drop him or Khan to move to a different promoter.
  • Options
    Hes gona go down faster then a crack whore lady boy on simon jordan...
  • Options
    I'd like to see Khan fight Johnny Thaxton.

Shame Thaxton lost his title to the French bloke whose name I've temporarily forgotten.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'd like to see Khan fight Johnny Thaxton.

Shame Thaxton lost his title to the French bloke whose name I've temporarily forgotten.

Totally agree mate

Barrera should beat Khan up, although he is old now and been tempted into this by a good payout, I can't see how Khan can win this.

If he does beat one of the finest boxers to ever walk this earth everyone will say 'so what he was past it'

And if he loses he will be written off. Which is one of the daftest things I hear when big name fighters lose, ok so they got beat why on earth would they then retire at such a young age???
  • Options
    I think the Khan Vs Barrea fight is a very brave one for Khan what needs to be remembered is that Barrea isnt used to fighting at this weight and that there is the age thing creeping in on him.

That said I have always loved Barrera and always will and i hope he puts and end to the over hyping of khan

Khan would have a better chance if he wasnt under the spot light and under as much pressure but he reaped it now he must sow it.

the fight iMO wont finish early due to Khan not making the same mistakes he did against the sth american lad, but i think Barrera will wear him down and beat him by stoppage about 8 or 9 rds in

If Barrera can find the form needed to win a title at the newer weight for him then he needs to dispose of Khan and dispose of him good, if he goes into it thinking it will be a walk in the park then he wont win.

Khan has age strength and speed on his side

barrera has Guile, ringcraft, skill and rounds on his
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won't hear a bad word said about Barrera.The night he gave ponce naseem hamed a boxing lesson and tore him to bits was a joy to behold.
  • Options
    It's a brave fight for Khan because his career as a potential top flight fighter could be well and truly over. Barrera was different class at his peak and Khan will get no way near his record. Khan has a huge height and reach advantage and could have enough to win this. I don't like the way Barrera keeps saying he's "here to win." It doesn't sound too convincing, although I wouldn't shed a tear to see flash Harry out sparko.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Won't hear a bad word said about Barrera.The night he gave ponce naseem hamed a boxing lesson and tore him to bits was a joy to behold.

It was a happy day, but the build up to that fight seems to have been reversed now with Barrera carrying the entourage.

Hamed could have been a stunning fighter, had he not been a retarded prick.
  • Options
    Khan will win!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Khan will win!
    I hope so as I'm going, with my boyfriend. It is a big step up in class, but I guess at least they're giving him the chance to prove his up to it..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

To say he hasn't got a glass jaw is nonsense. The kid does not look like he can take a punch at all.

I agree with most of your point Clem, but not this. You don't have a couple of bouts against Kindelin with such an obvious weakness.

I was a pretty poor amateur with a good finish. I won fights against better boxers and I lost them against worse ones. A good dig in the right spot will stop a tank. Your legs go, your brain's f**ked. There's just no getting up. No matter how much heart or fitness you have.

There's a complete lack of understanding of the mechanics of the sport from most fight "fans" because they've never had the pleasure of having their brains rattled around inside their heads by somebody that knows how to dig and has just landed a money shot. Too many people get obsessed by a single loss now. They forget (or just do not know) that Louis and Clay lost a number of fights. Now the pathetic commentators are filling the armchair viewers minds with the notion that good fighters careers might be over if they dare to lose a fight. Which encouraged the likes of Calzaghe to stick to straw men: which oddly the media and the Brit crowd seem to lap up. Ali wouldn't have become the fighter he was if it wasn't for Smokin' Joe teaching him where his weakness was. Great fighters lose a few. I think the lad will win fairly easily, but I'd not see a loss as a terrible thing. I hope he keeps testing himself,
  • Options
    In the undercard, Macranelli just got taken out by a cracking right
  • Options
    Khan won after Barrera stopped by a nasty head clash cut.

Khan looked his most impressive yet.
  • Options
    The boy done good.
    On a bit of hiding to nothing really tonight, OK Barrera was a WC and basically finished off Prince Nassem, but then he is 35.
    Anyway after his last disaster in Manchester 6 months ago Khan put on a good show. He has worked very hard with his new trainer in Hollywood.
  • Options
    What round??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Round 5, fairly straightforward. Glass jaw, my arse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]His career is about to end isn't it? Who the hell put a bloke with a glass chin in against Barrera and thought it was a good idea?
    Seriously try thinking before commenting in future, you'll make less of a fool of yourself. If you know absolutely nothing about a sport don't act like a big fat know all, it never ends well.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]His career is about to end isn't it? Who the hell put a bloke with a glass chin in against Barrera and thought it was a good idea?
    Seriously try thinking before commenting in future, you'll make less of a fool of yourself. If you know absolutely nothing about a sport don't act like a big fat know all, it never ends well.

He (Rothko) does it with football too.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This forum is absolutely pathetic. No wonder people turn up here, see people digging other posters out like children and piss of somewhere else toot sweet.

FWIW, I know quite a bit about boxing - and I thought Barrera would win. Obviously his career's on the slide, and Khan fought well - but that cut had a hell of a lot to do with the outcome tonight, and one swallow does not a summer make. Khan is still an above-average fighter, but nothing more than that.

Gonna start taking the piss out of me too?
  • Options
    Fix.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Khan is still an above-average fighter, but nothing more than that.
    Spot on.
  • Options
    You get some wrong, you get some right
  • Options
    got to agree with morts mate , you don't know enough about boxing to make such a statement but if chirpy thinks getting personal is the right thing to do then he's just shown himself up to be the pratt he is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]got to agree with morts mate , you don't know enough about boxing to make such a statement but if chirpy thinks getting personal is the right thing to do then he's just shown himself up to be the pratt he is

???? Personal?

I think you mean Mortimerician.
  • Options
    Khan looked the way he always does, good when he was going forward. His hand speed guarantees that.

Whatever, anyone else thinks, Khan was caught once in the fight and he was troubled. I don't care whether he waved his hands around saying I'm not hurt, he was.

You could see that Roach had got into his head. He's certainly learnt from the Prescott fight i.e its a pretty good idea to protect your chin.

Leroy has already mentioned the cut and he is spot on. It was a really bad one and was literally pissing blood into his eye. I'm really surprised it wasn't stopped at the end of the 2nd.

Glass jaw my arse - hmmmm we'll see. My post was based on the fact that Khan has been floored and wobbled in a fair few of his pro-fights. I'll say it again, he has been seriously troubled by hand picked non-punchers i.e Willie Limmond & Fagan in the fight after Prescott.

If he stays at this level I believe his chin will be found out. At world level not matter how well he covers up he will get caught eventually.

For what its worth, I thought Barrera would have had too much for him, but cut or no cut I think Khan would have won last night.

Shame to see Barrera hinting that he thought it was a deliberate butt.

Will wait to see who's next for Khan with interest. Roach is saying World Title awaits. Not so sure, at somepoint he is going to have to go through Prescott again. Not sure he'd fancy it.

My hi-light was seeing Enzo "Its everyone elses fault" getting knocked out by an absolute pearler from Ola Whatshisname. Again Enzo gobbed off before a fight, again he got beat, again he whined about sparring issues etc etc when he lost.

Give it a rest mate, you are one dimensional and will continue to be found out at world level.